Best way to Utilize Birthday Gift

• Thread starter WitStik
  • 172 comments
WitStik
By now anyone reading this thread know of the Birthday Gift exploit. If you don't I have a walk-through below.

What I have not been reading on here is that you can easily delete the Save Data Utility and go right back into GT5 using the same account and do it countless times on the day of your "Birthday".

Step 1) Create new user

Step 2) Go to "Sign up for Playstation Network"

Step 3) Set your birthday to the current date and then set birth year to year of the cars you may want, (For best sell-back value I have found 1944 is the best year you always get the Volkswagen Kubelwagen typ82 ‘44 which sells back for $77,000, if you know of a better year please share)

Step 4) Finish creating the account all the info can be fake just make sure to have a matching State and zip-code.

Step 5) Send a friend request to your main account, sign in to you main account and accept the friend request, sign back into the Birthday account.

Step 6) Start Gran Turismo 5, go to GT mode and go through the menus get your "Birthday Gift".

Step 7) Go to the "Used Cars" buy a car.

Step 8) Go to you garage and give your "Birthday Gift" to your main account which in most cases you can sell.

Step 9) Quit the game and erase the "Save Data Utility" on the Birthday account. Then start at step 6.

You can use this all day and rack up tons of money if there is a better way to do this or a better year to use please let me know.

^ I would suggest against it as you would be deleting your hard work save data.

Doing the Rome Circuit race in the Europe championship gets more money in probably less time...

and you can do this every day of the year, if you keep on creating an account for each day... repeat the process until you are filthy

how is this compared to grinding Indy? :lol:

Can't wait until 4/28 next year when I can 'exploit' this for myself!
You dont have to wait, you know that right...?? you can do it right now if you want

^ I would suggest against it as you would be deleting your hard work save data.

Doing the Rome Circuit race in the Europe championship gets more money in probably less time...
You are only deleting data from the account you created, not from the MAIN one ;)

You dont have to wait, you know that right...?? you can do it right now if you want

I think his point was that he is going to wait until April and actually get a birthday present - the original purpose of the feature - and not rort the system for money/cars.

I was lucky enough to have my birthday last week, so i got an '82 Audi, which be the only brthday car I get until this time next year. I prefer to earn my cars, but each to their own (cue ranting about xp/cr system)

Same here, i somehow dont feel like cheating the systems.
I know i am making it harder on myself, but there is a sense of credibility and honor when you just follow what Kaz has laid out for us...
I would have done it by now, but i choose not to...

To each its own...

B'day was on the 24th NOV. Picked the game on, you guessed it, the 25th.

I want Kaz to send me a cake as compensation.

No, really.

I think his point was that he is going to wait until April and actually get a birthday present - the original purpose of the feature - and not rort the system for money/cars.

I was lucky enough to have my birthday last week, so i got an '82 Audi, which be the only brthday car I get until this time next year. I prefer to earn my cars, but each to their own (cue ranting about xp/cr system)

Exactly.

It's actually quicker if you don't buy a used car and instead swap to one of the DLC cars (if you have them). It saved me about 5 minutes per hour.

Ah man, I thought people were just using the exploit to nab themselves a few of their favourite cars, but money for nothing? I'm not sure I can go that cheap.

I was hoping this thread would put out which years would be best to get cars from to sell and make money from.

Also, the best years to get the best cars to keep.

You don't have to buy a used car, even if you have no car. You can't access the items menu through car delivery until you buy a car but you can gift items through the community tab before you own a car. And no I don't have any Chrome, Stealth or whatever other kind of cars special editions or preorders get you.

Plus you want to always use the community tab for gifting as there's no chance for failed upload. Just receive the ticket, gift through community tab and you're finished.

I dont get it, why go through all this trouble ?

Not that i really care if someone does it, im just curious.

Do you not enjoy driving and racing in the game to work your garage up, then why did you buy the game in the first place ?

Also it seems to me you can easely earn the same amount of credits in less time just by doing a race in the game ?

Also even if this was a faster way of obtaining credits, you dont earn exp by doing it ?

B'day was on the 24th NOV. Picked the game on, you guessed it, the 25th.

I want Kaz to send me a cake as compensation.

No, really.

Cake = Lie

everyone knows this. Bummer, that's like finding today out they were selling GTR's 75% off yesterday

I dont get it, why go through all this trouble ?

Not that i really care if someone does it, im just curious.

Do you not enjoy driving and racing in the game to work your garage up, then why did you buy the game in the first place ?

Also it seems to me you can easely earn the same amount of credits in less time just by doing a race in the game ?

Also even if this was a faster way of obtaining credits, you dont earn exp by doing it ?

I see this as a feature rather than a cheat. Just think it that way, you have an army working for you to get the cars you want....:D

And, the birthday exploit itself didn't earn you much more money rather save you money in order to buy those expensive cars. It's not a cheat like you copy someone's save, and you got all the cars.

I enjoy GT life as much as anyone, I grinded out and finished GT4 98%+ without using any cheat. I just don't think GT5 is properly designed in terms of rewarding mechanism.

Back