Reached some sort of ceiling

• Thread starter TheMarco
  • 54 comments
marcovhv
TheMarco73
Hi guys,

So I'm level 19 now and it seems I've reached some sort of ceiling. Very frustrating. I'm trying to race All Stars races with a Z1 RM and I can tell that:

- The car is good enough to win
- My driving skills are theoretically good enough to win

BUT... I've been playing for hours now and haven't achieved thing. The reason is that somewhere in those 5 laps I'll make one tiny mistake and bang, all is lost. These races don't seem to allow for any mistake.

It also doesn't seem to matter whether I use driving aids or not. I just keep making one mistake somewhere before the finish and therefore I never win any of these races. It's getting really frustrating. I can drive 2, 3, sometimes 4 laps without any mistake, keep the lead but ... well you get it.

I'm trying to figure out what I need to do to hone my skills for just that tiny little bit of extra because as it stands now my progress has come to a halt.

Are there others who have experienced this and overcame it? Any tips are welcome!

The quick answer is get good enough to not make that mistake.

But realistically is there anything further you can do to tweak your car and give you a bit of an edge?

GT is a lot about skill, but simultaneously it's a lot about what you bring to the knife fight. You don't necessarily have to bring a gun, but it doesn't hurt to at least bring a bigger knife than everyone else.

I'm in the exact same situation as you, Have the ZR1 RM and cannot win the All Stars, And there are no other events until I reach level 21!

Any suggestions?

Wait until you reach 25. It's a game-breaking brick wall :/

With no incentive to play online and no TT leaderboards. I'm not sure this game will last me much longer :(

Wait until you reach 25. It's a game-breaking brick wall :/

With no incentive to play online and no TT leaderboards. I'm not sure this game will last me much longer :(

I am not even at level 20 yet and I am already starting to feel that coming on... I even tried some b spec last night to see if that would stretch out the experience a bit... I have a feeling that many of those who love GT for the first few weeks and can't understand what everyone is unhappy about will come to an unpleasant realization in a week or month.

It wouldn't be so bad if the events actually paid some decent money out but heavily investing in a car for an event can clear you out quickly, particularly so if the cars turns out to be a pig.

I am not even at level 20 yet and I am already starting to feel that coming on... I even tried some b spec last night to see if that would stretch out the experience a bit... I have a feeling that many of those who love GT for the first few weeks and can't understand what everyone is unhappy about will come to an unpleasant realization in a week or month.

I'm at level 16 and have not reached this point yet. I hope what you guys are saying isn't true. There needs to be a difficulty setting for EVERY individual race. Is that too hard to ask?

I'm at level 16 and have not reached this point yet. I hope what you guys are saying isn't true. There needs to be a difficulty setting for EVERY individual race. Is that too hard to ask?

Ultimately I think it will hit everyone at some point... it seems like level 25 is where we hear the most people talking about he true grind setting in.

They don't need nor do I want a difficulty setting, they just need to get more logical with when these difficult races take place in your career. On top of this they need to get rid of lower level events that require higher level cars to be competitive or even enter at all!

That part of the game if wierd, you get the historic race car which is incredibly hard, the all-star race and like the wind... Then, at level 22, you unlock some really easy races (I'm lapping people...) where you get tons of cash (around 90k).

If it can help you, here's how I done all-stars. I played in special event to get lvl21, then I did "Like the wind", using the corvette ZR1 and the mazda car you get early in B-spec (3rd amateur cup I think). Then, with the car you get from "Like the wind", I won wuite easily all-stars.

Still, I can't find a car good enough for historic race cars champ...

In the same boat as TheMarco, same car. I'm level 20. Decided to do what GeneralKDI suggested. Level up using Special events. Let's see..

I'm at level 21, haven't had to grind for xp yet (I did the license test and special events first) but I can see it coming. I now only have NASCAR school and NASCAR event to play, not gonna have enough xp there.

Getting around Level 20 is a "ceiling" of sorts, but an idea is go back, go to Licensing or Special Events, clean up your record. I used a Lamborghini NOMAD Diablo GT-1 (JGTC) fully tuned for GT All Stars, and it worked. Up until Level 24 will you feel the grind. Then you can do the SLS school, which give around 35K XP for each time you Gold, once Level 25 hits, the GVS 300km Endurance hands over about 130,000+ XP, so if you can also find an FGT around this time, you will be in the clear. Levels 20-23 are going to be very tough. Grind with the American Championship, or whatever else.

I have a feeling that many of those who love GT for the first few weeks and can't understand what everyone is unhappy about will come to an unpleasant realization in a week or month.

I've been playing almost solidly since the game came out (I'm talking 11am/12pm-3/4am), I'm level 23 A-Spec and 24 B-Spec and I'm not sure I'm coming to an unpleasant realisation... Ok, grinding my way past level 24 A-Spec might become a chore but I really don't get what all the fuss is about, but then I did try to get every car in GT4, so I did a huge amount of grinding there. I probably won't attempt the same now but I'm happier playing GT5 with little incentive than I am playing, say, Black Ops with no incentive.

I don't have a bottomless pit of money for games, so GT5 will have to last me until Deus Ex 3, if it's any good, and if not, maybe even further. Some small updates from PD could go a long way, like monetary rewards for online racing and more GT Mode events, both of which KY hinted at in tweets (though he's never specifically denied or refused anything publicly before!)...

Just the modded out vette, you dont need the Mazda furai or whatever its called. Thats just a waist of time. I won both races without much challenge. Its all about getting your tuning just right, and use the redline in the vette. idk but i sat in redline and went alot faster then shifting at the right time. Also remember to hold the accel slightly down from full once your around 1-2km/h or 1 mile off the speed where you redline, it gives you a real edge on the second race of like the wind, the first race is just agressive driving to push yourself into first place by the first corner, once your first its super easy.. just drive normally, nothing fancy needed.

Just hit level 20 and rattled off the first 3 expert events. What you guys are telling us is not exactly giving me the feeling to run to the console. :(

That part of the game if wierd, you get the historic race car which is incredibly hard, the all-star race and like the wind... Then, at level 22, you unlock some really easy races (I'm lapping people...) where you get tons of cash (around 90k).

If it can help you, here's how I done all-stars. I played in special event to get lvl21, then I did "Like the wind", using the corvette ZR1 and the mazda car you get early in B-spec (3rd amateur cup I think). Then, with the car you get from "Like the wind", I won wuite easily all-stars.

Ya, the A-spec event set up is sort of weird. I mean you do a extremely hard race, and then its followed by rather easy races. Example, the All Star race, and then the PD Cup right after is a joke.

I'm super scared to begin the Gran Turismo All Stars event in expert series.

You should, its far and out the most challenging race and might be the hardest over all as well. I'm stuck there as well, but I started B-spec now and trying to get the Furai and the Zonda R from B-spec to use there.

Just get to Level 7 B-Spec and do the Roadster race. Win the Furai, put in a Turbo and Racing Softs, and it'll be fine. It's okay on the straights, but LMP's cannot handle with it. Take note at the Nordschleife, after Hohe Acht, the back-and-fro nature of this section through Plantzgarten, and on through Hohe Dottinger (from the highest point after Carriciola-Karussel to the Audi TDi V10 sign on the sraightaway) is hard on the Furai's suspension, and may cause a spin.

I got so frustrated with all stars I turned on assists for the first time and used a controller instead of my wheel. That was after about 3 hours of last lap crashes or getting spun out by the AI slamming into me from behind. I used the Audi r10 fully tuned. With the assists I easily placed 1st in all but nurburgring which I barely made 6th. That one is just too hard with a controller. All of the events now seem easy comparatively. I got like the wind on first try no problem.

Ya, the A-spec event set up is sort of weird. I mean you do a extremely hard race, and then its followed by rather easy races. Example, the All Star race, and then the PD Cup right after is a joke.

Agreed. I golded the PD Cup in my SLS AMG without a lot of tweaks and no tuning. The All Star race however is destroying me at the moment. Even with a maxed out tuned ZR1. Strange game progression.

Agreed. I golded the PD Cup in my SLS AMG without a lot of tweaks and no tuning. The All Star race however is destroying me at the moment. Even with a maxed out tuned ZR1. Strange game progression.

The fastest car at the All stars is like 950 HP with 900 KG. At the PD cup, the fastest car I think was like 450 Hp at like 1200 KG.

For the historic car race, all you need is a Chapparel 2J.

Back