Grind Map: Endurance B-Spec Level 25-35 (updated 11/12/10)

The only possible gain which is unsubstantiated is that it increases reliability and durability of the electronics. This is not conjecture, it is a known, proven, scientific fact. What is in question is whether or not it makes a difference or not during the product life cycle of the machine. It may help but it may be unnecessary. It is a form of preventive maintenance, like changing the oil in your car.

I'm not telling anyone to not power-cycle their electronics. I'm just stating my practices. I have multiple computers in my garage that have been running for many years, in fact one is probably very close to 8 years. The only maintenance I've done is to periodically check and clean the cooling fans and ducting.

Silicon chips are much happier staying in one state, on or off but not switching continuously between those states.

Sure thing, your electricity bill might be reasonable, but what possible gain is there?
I don't wanna be the guy who tells you what to with your belongings, but I just cannot see the reasoning. It has a power button for a reason.

It just doesn't sit well with me that power most likely produced by the burning of coal and other crap is being completely wasted.

does anyone have the actual numbers breakdown as to how many credits are required for each level up from 35? (i scanned the thread and didn't see this - apologies if i overlooked it)

(35) 2205119
(36) 2822552
(37) 3612867
(38) 4624470
(39) 5919322
(40) 7576732

Now add them all, that's ekhm watch this! 32.344,437 exp points. Thats Thirty Two millions so in A Spec it's 32.344,437 / 4.482,368* thats how much you get after DeLasathre 24h in A-Spec

And in B-Spec 32.344,437 / 2241184*thats how much you get after DeLasathre 24h in B-Spec

You would have two options. Do 8 times 24h Race, or drive Suzuka 172 lap race, once a day for one month.

I read some posts at the beginning of this thread and was amazed at how long some people have left their FAT PS3's on.
TRUST me you might want to get inside the PS3 (if you have any technical skills with putting stuff/deconstructing electronics). And reapply NEW thermal paste. I have a launch ps3 as well, opened it back in December and the white paste was completely dry (almost hardened). There was even some dark residue on the cpu or was it gpu due to probably burning the cpu/gpu surface. That and surprised all the dust that had gathered over the years.
Granted my PS3 was never on that much since I've owned it back in Dec '06 I have left the country for a total of 13 months and probably never even turned my ps3 on for a total of 18 months (dec '06-jan '10).

SO yea, get into your PS3's if you know how/with a guide, clean the innards, reapply thermal paste. I also swapped my 15-blade fan ps3 for a 19-blade off of a 80bg ps3 from another forum.

I read some posts at the beginning of this thread and was amazed at how long some people have left their FAT PS3's on.
TRUST me you might want to get inside the PS3 (if you have any technical skills with putting stuff/deconstructing electronics). And reapply NEW thermal paste. I have a launch ps3 as well, opened it back in December and the white paste was completely dry (almost hardened). There was even some dark residue on the cpu or was it gpu due to probably burning the cpu/gpu surface. That and surprised all the dust that had gathered over the years.
Granted my PS3 was never on that much since I've owned it back in Dec '06 I have left the country for a total of 13 months and probably never even turned my ps3 on for a total of 18 months (dec '06-jan '10).

SO yea, get into your PS3's if you know how/with a guide, clean the innards, reapply thermal paste. I also swapped my 15-blade fan ps3 for a 19-blade off of a 80bg ps3 from another forum.

Nice heads up!!!👍👍👍👍👍

Now add them all, that's ekhm watch this! 32.344,437 exp points. Thats Thirty Two millions so in A Spec it's 32.344,437 / 4.482,368* thats how much you get after DeLasathre 24h in A-Spec

And in B-Spec 32.344,437 / 2241184*thats how much you get after DeLasathre 24h in B-Spec

You would have two options. Do 8 times 24h Race, or drive Suzuka 172 lap race, once a day for one month.

Thanks usssr! i appreciate the breakdown, good to know what I will be dealing with. I'll probably just run the 24LM race every day for a week or so.

-d

Dried thermal paste is not going to cause a problem. The purpose of the paste, be it dry or not so dry is to displace any small air gaps that may occur between the metal-to-metal contact. Air gaps break the thermal-couple between the cooler and CPU package. Dried grease will still maintain a good displacer for any air bubbles that may be there. It is also extremely imperative that when applying new grease that it be very thin. One mistake that many overclockers make is to put too much grease since more grease must be better. The grease is thermally neutral and is only there to displace air gaps, not to accelerate the movement of thermal mass.

Keep it clean and keep it running, they are build for that lol. But the discussion for hardware should not be in this thread thank you very much.

As for B-Spec, is their a definte way of making sure you get a full experience bar/career bar for your bobs in order to obtain the Trophy to reach the hight of a bob's career ? Kinda wondering about that. Already figured it's gonna take a loooooooooooooong time for one of my bobs to get 40. My god PD sux lol.

Finally got around to completing the final endurance race and finishing off B Spec with all gold. I'm glad its over but it really wasn't all that bad. I can now get on with other aspects of the game. :)

Level 40
Nurburgring 24 Hr.
XP: 3.4 Million - Your already at 40 so you getting nothing but other Bobs under level 40 get experience.
Credits : 399,000
Card Reward: McLaren MP4-12C 2010 Premium 👍

I do believe I received a free car ticket and mine turned out to be the Ferrari Formula 1 car.

Ditto. F2007.

Problem was, it took me 3 tries. Pulled the save game back-up trick since I heard a lot of people got Formula GT cars... and there was no way I was settling with that for my level 24 ticket.

What's the best car for Bob to drive in the lvl 26 roadster endurance race?

I don't want to set him off in a underspecced car and see him end up last.

LOL i had to laugh when some ppl started to claim nonstop running will treat a PS3 better than have a break.
First of all do you get electricity for free for some reason? And whats about all other components which don`t have their own cooling device? Let alone all bearing for fans, HDD and blueray drive will wear out faster. If your theory is right (which i doubt) you may have a working CPU but a non working PS3 faster than people who shut their devices down.

BTW, i don`t think the list of price cars will be true for everybody. The price cars are random to a certain extent afaik like in A-spec.

Last edited:
Finally got around to completing the final endurance race and finishing off B Spec with all gold. I'm glad its over but it really wasn't all that bad. I can now get on with other aspects of the game. :)

Level 40
Nurburgring 24 Hr.
XP: 3.4 Million - Your already at 40 so you getting nothing but other Bobs under level 40 get experience.
Credits : 399,000
Card Reward: McLaren MP4-12C 2010 Premium 👍

So no level 41 and above? I realize there's no point (yet). I just hope they go back and add something worth coming back to b-spec again.

What's the best car for Bob to drive in the lvl 26 roadster endurance race?

I don't want to set him off in a underspecced car and see him end up last.

I recommend the fastest horse you have in the stable. You want to win and if you don't trust your Bob don't take chances.
You can always come back later with a more evenly powered car and make the race a challenge.:)

So no level 41 and above? I realize there's no point (yet). I just hope they go back and add something worth coming back to b-spec again.

There was nothing beyond level 40. I looked hard into the distance but sadly nothing was there.
I would like to see a world endurance race spanning the globe east, west, south and north. A race with check stops where you can save every 30 minutes or so. You can change your car, change your oil or take a picture. Ya that would make me happy.

LOL i had to laugh when some ppl started to claim nonstop running will treat a PS3 better than have a break.
First of all do you get electricity for free for some reason? And whats about all other components which don`t have their own cooling device? Let alone all bearing for fans, HDD and blueray drive will wear out faster. If your theory is right (which i doubt) you may have a working CPU but a non working PS3 faster than people who shut their devices down.

BTW, i don`t think the list of price cars will be true for everybody. The price cars are random to a certain extent afaik like in A-spec.

I'm having an even bigger laugh at you. I can buy a blu ray drive for $30, I can get an HDD for $50, fans cost $5, can you get me a motherboard for that money? Of course the HDD won't wear that fast as it's not being used all the time.
Why would you put the motherboard and all the components through unnecessary heat cycles? If I don't turn it on and off every couple of hours, the flux on the board has less hot/cold cycles and likely a lesser chance of cracking and causing YLOD.
Unless I'm going away for the weekend, I'll leave my PS3 on to run 9hr enduros overnight and not worry about it failing even if it is a launch day console.

Just to keep this on topic, the SUZUKA 1000 is around 1360xp/min with the X1. Lasts somewhere in the 4hr20min area if the race is dry. It's a good enduro to run during the day.

where you can save every 30 minutes or so.

I`d like to see a save feature for A-Spec enduro races, and it won`t hurt for b-spec too.

@eSZee your logic is astonishing! (but what to expect from someone which avatar is f`ing the logic)

Because you could buy and replace every part which will suffer from nonstop running you prefer to run it nonstop to save your cpu (mainboard) from damage? Maybe you can`t replace EVERY part which will suffer (like RAM -no they don`t like to run nonstop and they don`t benefit from doing so), how about that?
Did you ever hear about overheating, which is most likely achieved by running a device for a long time.

And whats the point of risking all your data to maybe prevent a cracking solder point which is bull"$§% anyway. Cooling down from about 50° to 20° celsius isn`t very drastic.

Do you consider your PS3 is sucking in dust every second it`s running?

Good luck with your strategy....

I`d like to see a save feature for A-Spec enduro races, and it won`t hurt for b-spec too.

@eSZee your logic is astonishing! (but what to expect from someone which avatar is f`ing the logic)

Because you could buy and replace every part which will suffer from nonstop running you prefer to run it nonstop to save your cpu (mainboard) from damage? Maybe you can`t replace EVERY part which will suffer (like RAM -no they don`t like to run nonstop and they don`t benefit from doing so), how about that?
Did you ever hear about overheating, which is most likely achieved by running a device for a long time.

And whats the point of risking all your data to maybe prevent a cracking solder point which is bull"$§% anyway. Cooling down from about 50° to 20° celsius isn`t very drastic.

Do you consider your PS3 is sucking in dust every second it`s running?

Good luck with your strategy....

Hmm, can i suggest the temps on the mother board get much higher than 50°?

Try heating up a piece of mild steel with a blow torch then cooling it then repeat over and over again....you get the idea. Constant even temperature is the important rule for electronics.

Suzuka 1000km gives better EXP/Min than 4h Nür if you use X2010 which most already does.

Just did a race again at 4:08:46.408.

Last edited:
Suzuka 1000km gives better EXP/Min than 4h Nür if you use X2010 which most already does.

Just did a race again at 4:08:46.408.

Yup, 1400xp/min.

Indy does 1100xp/min or so...

But still, grinding sucks, even with Bob hauling behinds in the X2010.

Someone suggested moving this to the B-Spec forum. Excellent idea. Moved. ;)

Thanks for the spreadsheet. It's wonderful!

But using the X1 you can do Suzuka in 4hrs. And some say the Dream Car Champ skipping the last race is the best XP payout. So is this info true and if so maybe this should be added to your spreadsheet as its the most important info people will want to know once they get this car and reach these specific races.

So what we need to know is what race/champ is better (Suzuka or Dream Champ) for XP grinding. Maybe you can add this info too.

Thanks for all your hard work

Thanks for the spreadsheet. It's wonderful!

But using the X1 you can do Suzuka in 4hrs. And some say the Dream Car Champ skipping the last race is the best XP payout. So is this info true and if so maybe this should be added to your spreadsheet as its the most important info people will want to know once they get this car and reach these specific races.

So what we need to know is what race/champ is better (Suzuka or Dream Champ) for XP grinding. Maybe you can add this info too.

Thanks for all your hard work

I found this to be the best for grinding $$$$$$$ once your done with level 40.

I found this to be the best for grinding $$$$$$$ once your done with level 40.

Cool, I thought that too. So it seems Suzuka in an X1 is the way to go bar 24hr races. I hope we can get some solid proof of this. As soon as my race is over i'm off to Suzuka :)

Cheers

Back