NASCAR Series - Winning Setup For You :-)

• Thread starter Sirtokealot
  • 101 comments

Sirtokealot

(Banned)
A lot of people saying they are having trouble with this. Here is my B-spec drivers setup, He won every race with ease.

Race 1

Front Downforce - 45
Rear Downforce - 45
Front Breaks - 1
Rear Breaks - 0
Front Ride Height - -30
Rear Ride Height - -30
Transmission/ Top Speed - 249MPH

Just keep telling bob to overtake and he will win by a huge margin.

Race 2

Front Downforce - 45
Rear Downforce - 45
Front Breaks - 1
Rear Breaks - 0
Front Ride Height - -30
Rear Ride Height - -30
Transmission/ Top Speed - 219MPH

Race 3

Front Downforce - 45
Rear Downforce - 45
Front Breaks - 1
Rear Breaks - 0
Front Ride Height - -30
Rear Ride Height - -30
Transmission/ Top Speed - 236MPH

Dont push bob too hard on this one, otherwise you will pit in on your last lap for a tire change and lose the race.

Race 4

Front Downforce - 45
Rear Downforce - 45
Front Breaks - 1
Rear Breaks - 0
Front Ride Height - -30
Rear Ride Height - -30
Transmission/ Top Speed - 224MPH

Race 5

Front Downforce - 45
Rear Downforce - 45
Front Breaks - 1
Rear Breaks - 0
Front Ride Height - -30
Rear Ride Height - -30
Transmission/ Top Speed - 224MPH

This one is a bit hit and miss. Just hit "Increase Pace" then "Overtake" one after the other, do this constantly till you take first.

All of the above settings should work just fine on A-spec. Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG THANK YOU MAN THANK YOU THANK YOU!. im gonna bookmark this and try this tonight. it seems IMPOSSIBLE! in b spec for me!

Another tip for the 5th race. If you are in first place and keep doing "increase pace" to make sure you stay in red, you can eventually stay in first the whole race.

That is what i did at least. After i got in first, i was never passed again.

Having trouble with this in a spec though, i keep getting spun out by the other drivers..*sigh*

Another tip for the 5th race. If you are in first place and keep doing "increase pace" to make sure you stay in red, you can eventually stay in first the whole race.

That is what i did at least. After i got in first, i was never passed again.

Having trouble with this in a spec though, i keep getting spun out by the other drivers..*sigh*

yeah i won the b-spec by about 8 seconds. with the a-spec, your best sticking to the inside yellow line and avoid all the traffic. you can redline it all the way around the inside line using that setup ;)

got to the last lap on the last race was in first and got passed right at the last moment ended finishing in 3rd overall had a hard time all the way and quit one race all together grrr! thanks will try.

I'll give all you GTP-Memebers/Guests/Nascar-Fans my knowledge in Nascar car set up as i have been to the race tracks for 6 years and stepped inside these loud machines lots of times...(Note that Nascar is all about suspension set up since you can not modify the cars)

For GT5 automobile setup for Nascar @ Daytona:
-First off, if you drove your new car (NascarStockCar) before changing the oil first, you have screwed up already, because now, your car will always have 850HP instead of 891HP boost.
(Also note that all of the toyotas get more HP boost than chevys or fords)

-Raise the front end all the way up in height (To avoid losing speed from bottoming out) (Plus, in real life, front height rules of the official nascar rule book state that all cars have a front height limit due to everyone wanting to raise the front end because the splitter does not allow you lower the car without it bottoming out)
-Lower the rear end to -15 in height (To lose drag)
-Camber is unfortunatelly useless in GT5 Oval racing as you can not adjust each tire individually and so one side will not grip and will wear out very rapidly...the other bad thing to camber in one side acting negatively is that it destroys your car set up on ovals if set up higher than 3.9 degrees.
-Spring pressure to 18.5
-Dampers to 8-4F 8-4R
-Set your gear ratios to higher than 336mph if your planing to draft, or 224mph if your going by yourself (Ex. Qualifing).
-ABS set to off
-No traction control.
-Downforce of 35front and 55rear. (funny how in real life, Nascar does not allow any team to adjust the rear spoiler at daytona, but in GT5, you can)
-Set the brake bias to 2front 2rear as youll probably only need a tiny bit.
-And most importantly, Set the LSD Acceleration&InitialTorque to 60 if you dont want to spin out at high speeds on corner exits...Its better than traction control because you dont lose power, but you do lose acceleration on exits of roadcourses with tight turns.

If you have followed this car set up, winning at daytona should be easy because your car/driver can now run 217mph full throttle right next to the yellow line and get away from the pack for easy carrier/online wins. Oh, and dont forget smooth driving when you turn, it really matters.

I'll give all you GTP-Memebers/Guests/Nascar-Fans my knowledge in Nascar car set up as i have been to the race tracks for 6 years and stepped inside these loud machines lots of times...(Note that Nascar is all about suspension set up since you can not modify the cars)

-First off, if you drove your new car (NascarStockCar) before changing the oil first, you have screwed up already, because now, your car will always have 850HP instead of 891HP boost.

-Raise the front end all the way up in height (To avoid losing speed from bottoming out) (Plus, in real life, front height rules of the official nascar rule book state that all cars have a front height limit due to everyone wanting to raise the front end because the splitter does not allow you lower the car without it bottoming out)
-Camber is unfortunatelly useless in GT5 Oval racing as you can not adjust each tire individually and so one side will not grip and will wear out very rapidly...the other bad thing to camber in one side acting negatively is that it destroys your car set up on ovals if set up higher than 3.9 degrees.
-Spring pressure to 18.5
-Dampers to 8-4F 8-4R
-Set your gear ratios to higher than 336mph if your planing to draft, or 224mph if your going by yourself (Ex. Qualifing).
-ABS set to off
-No traction control.
-Downforce of 35front and 55rear. (funny how in real life, Nascar does not allow any team to adjust the rear spoiler at daytona, but in GT5, you can)
-And most importantly, Set the LSD Acceleration&InitialTorque to 60 if you dont want to spin out at high speeds on corner exits...Its better than traction control because you dont lose power, but you do lose acceleration on exits of roadcourses with tight turns.

If you have followed this car set up, winning at daytona should be easy because your car/driver can now run 217mph full throttle right next to the yellow line and get away from the pack for easy carrier/online wins. Oh, and dont forget smooth driving when you turn, it really matters.

Great set up. Just used it on the first race of NASCAR and won by 3 seconds. I'll be doing this to all my NASCARs now.

Testing this out right now B-spec. Will update with other track info. finish times and what not.

Track 1 First Place Large Margin

Track2 First Place +00.78

High Speed Ring First Place +2.2

Mazda Raceway Second Place +0.98 (I didnt push him hard enough thought tires would wear out but still had above 60% when finished)

Daytona Tried Deadlist's tuning method and quit the race I was losing so bad.

Last edited:
Okay yeah i dunno. this set up is good for the first race and maybe the third. As for the other ones it blows. Everytime i go into a turn i spin out as im exiting if im clipped or not. This is getting really frustrating.

Your B spec driver is spinning out? I've never had an issue with that. He was red for most of the race until he got first too. If you have trouble with spinning out in A spec, just turn on the aids. It's almost impossible to spin out. Soft tired help as well.

Testing this out right now B-spec. Will update with other track info. finish times and what not.

Track 1 First Place Large Margin

Track2 First Place +00.78

High Speed Ring First Place +2.2

Mazda Raceway Second Place +0.98 (I didnt push him hard enough thought tires would wear out but still had above 60% when finished)

Daytona Tried Deadlist's tuning method and quit the race I was losing so bad.

Tried em all heres the results

Im actually referring to a spec. I know this is a b spec thread, but ive used the settings for a spec and seem to have no problem with speedway and the third race. But for the other circuit tracks I cant seem to hold my turns, it appears like i give gas way to early resulting in a spin out, but if i dont, im getting passed.

ya i didnt do to well on the thrid race, my b spec guy just slides threw the corner, so im just going to do this agian once hes higher. hes already level 23 so hopefully by 30 he can get this all down.

Setting for race 2 doesnt work for me. My driver keeps on drifting on a lot of corners and can't overtake anybody. But I also had the same problem with the stock setting. But its just my driver's problem and not the setup

-Spring pressure to 18.5
-Dampers to 8-4F 8-4R
-ABS set to off
-No traction control.

works great for A spec, didnt work so well for B spec though

@ DEADLIST
I just tried your tune, followed it and your instructions down to the letter. Then i ran the race around Daytona.

I wasn't a member of GTPlanet up untill this point but had to register just to let you know what i think about your setup.
I've been fannying about with Daytona for a stupid amount of days with B-Stig with no success.
1 race with your setup and it's 1st place within 3 laps and then half a second a lap quicker in clean air then the pack.

Kudos DEADLIST, that setp is epic!

And this is probably the thing i'll ever post on GTPlanet lol, good site though.

So I tried to combine OP's setup and Deadlist's setup. It works like a charm, got all gold in one try, I do have to push BOB all the time tho. All win by huge margins except laguna seca. The LSD setup made the biggest difference in high speed ring and Daytona. Big thanks!!

So I tried to combine OP's setup and Deadlist's setup. It works like a charm, got all gold in one try, I do have to push BOB all the time tho. All win by huge margins except laguna seca. The LSD setup made the biggest difference in high speed ring and Daytona. Big thanks!!

Thats what I did too The LSD tune is the shizz works like a charm!

Using a combination of both setups these are my results using a Toyota 2010 Kyle Busch #18 M&M’S® TOYOTA CAMRY ‘10.

A-Spec
Race 1 - (+15.682)
Race 2 - (+04.708)
Race 3 - (+07.740)
Race 4 - (+02.012)
Race 5 - (+00.222)

B-Spec
Race 1 - (1st place)
Race 2 - (8th place)
Race 3 - (1st place)
Race 4 - (8th place)
Race 5 - (7th place)

Came in third place overall.... :(

Last edited:
This is a great thread and I'm glad I posted in it so I could find it again(couldn't using the search function).

It seems like my guys back tires seem to kick out on turns. Should I change the breaking up a bit? Bob is level 30 and is about 75%(so hot).

Back