Design Shortcuts

• Thread starter vantage2
  • 46 comments
Kinda says something about how 'meticulous' Polyphony is...

It's not really a small missing detail, I mean the engine is on display for a reason. Funny if they overlooked this, even funnier if they thought no one would notice since there is photomode and all. Not that I even care, I just found it interesting.

That is quite lazy. I mean I know firsthand that there are a million shortcuts being taken, but 99% of the time they aren't seen, so who cares. You would think they could've at least changed the v8 logo to a v10 logo, you'd have to really know the engines to tell the difference then.

I don't think PD is known for shortcuts as they want to deliver a real sim so I find it quite odd that in GT5 there are so many problems and bugs with it that just shouldn't be there for a 5 year-6 year developed game. I don't know what happened but I really hope they fix some of these mistakes. Oh, and send that pic to Kaz on his twitter and get him to tell us why GT5 isn't the best racing sim out there.

It's still a great game since I play it a lot but there needs to be tons of things patched in this game.

The headlights on the R8 V10 are wrong as well. Instead of modeling the proper full LED headlights, they merely copied and pasted the HID projectors from the V8 =(

The headlights on the R8 V10 are wrong as well. Instead of modeling the proper full LED headlights, they merely copied and pasted the HID projectors from the V8 =(
Similarly, the taillights on the Acura NSX were rather obviously copy-pasted from the NSX-R as well.

Anybody that wants change or improvements, go work for PD. Look at your own resume before you send it and ask yourself if you can do anything more than gossip. :P

Anybody that wants change or improvements, go work for PD. Look at your own resume before you send it and ask yourself if you can do anything more than gossip. :P

Doubt a person who isn't Japanese can even get a citizenship, as far as I've heard, the tiny island country doesn't care about you unless you are contributing to the economy. Even then they don't want you there. haha

Logical fallacy. And "gossip" is a pretty weird word to use.

Did PD outsource their modelling?

These glaring lapses in QC are getting pretty lame.

lol i spotted this same problem when i first bought the car, at the start of races when the camera moves around the car , I doubted wether I bought the v10 at all.

Can anyone spot the problem here?

6iaXbxmXvIy40jSgbG_0.jpg

Here's a hint:
car_photo_9074_7.jpg

Perhaps people are being too caring of every minor screw-up, but Kazunori is the one who said he was a perfectionist.

But never that the game it self was perfect... If we had to wait for that, we could wait for ever, and it still wouldn't be perfect

Yes.

I would have never noticed it without looking at this thread. Now OMG PD are the worst car modelers in the world. Just play the damn game. Sheesh.

Well, remember how anal some GT fans got about mistakes in another, certain game? But, well, this is made by PD, it's okay, it's okay :sly:

But never that the game it self was perfect... If we had to wait for that, we could wait for ever, and it still wouldn't be perfect

Yup. But sissies need to whine or else they explode, so let them be. I frankly dont care about inaccuracies, as long as it drives and sounds good.

we all gotta
Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif

Back