Kazunori Yamauchi Famitsu Interview 16/12 - Large GT5 update scheduled for <> 20/12

• Thread starter amar212
  • 290 comments
I hate what Sony think about DLC, this we can't not lie, Microsoft have a lot of DLC content, and they keep the games updated for a long time. Forza is a example of that
We got 35 cars and a track in GT5 Prologue.

In Forza this would have cost us about $25.

In Prologue, $0.00.

I don't like what MS thinks of DLC, or the cost of their Live service - which they updated my credit card info without my permission and charged me for. I'd also point out that Forza has a lot of too-similar DLC which should have been in the games to start with.

And they put it a lot of cool cars in game. I am not a big fan of GT5 car list, in matter of fact, i really don't like it.
You mean, you want more supercars.

I'm a fan of GT5's car list, I really do like it, and I much prefer it to Forza's car list, regardless of how many Ferraris and Porsches it has. I enjoy being able to buy 240SXs for instance, which have been in none of the Forzas. In fact, I'd like to see a Pontiac Fiero, and I bet I'll see it in a Gran Turismo game before it shows up in Forza, if it ever does.

Yes, the hottest sports cars and supercars are "cool" and all, but a lot of cars which are cool to the rest of us get overlooked when you have a narrow focus on uberperformers.

This "Large Update" better deal with the career, not online. They need to add more events and races, more premium cars and performance restrictions to A-Spec races so we don't drive in a overpowered car.

Online is too much focused on, it's pointless. More people play career in GT5.

This "Large Update" better deal with the career, not online. They need to add more events and races, more premium cars and performance restrictions to A-Spec races so we don't drive in a overpowered car.
Online is too much focused on, it's pointless. More people play career in GT5.

Agreed.

Lack of performance restrictions make the game far too easy.

Another one...

Why put up a load of times, then they update the game and all your times are invalid... and you have to redo them...

just wait

they will come.. there are far more important fixes that need including before leaderboards.

like a save backup feature... i'd be more pissed if my game save corrupted and I lost everything...

That only happens if they update the physics, I hope we don´t get any changes to the physics, they are great!

That only happens if they update the physics, I hope we don´t get any changes to the physics, they are great!
Physics could be better, more detailed. Although they're good for a console racing game, there's much room for improvements.

I know a lot of people seem to moaning that other games have far more exotic supercars... infact I could bring you a stack of games with wall to wall supercars...but not many can give you the chance to see how classic cars or even your own car sat on the drive would handle around the ring or city streets, and there in lies the charm of GT.

Sure I would love endless Ferraris and Lambos but honestly not at the expense of some cars that many would consider pointless or junk...

This is Forza 3 Ferrari list. The red ones is what have in GT5 Ferrari dealer.

2005 Ferrari #11 Larbre Competition 550 Maranello GTS
1964 Ferrari 250 GTO
1998 Ferrari #30 MOMO Doran Racing F333 SP
1967 Ferrari 330 P4
1994 Ferrari F355 Berlinetta
1995 Ferrari F355 Challenge
1999 Ferrari 360 Modena
2003 Ferrari Challenge Stradale
1991 Ferrari 512 TR
2002 Ferrari 575M Maranello
2006 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano
2004 Ferrari 612 Scaglietti
2006 Ferrari #62 Risi Competizione F430GT
2008 Ferrari #71 Tafel Racing F430GT
2003 Ferrari #88 Veloqx / Prodrive Racing 550 Maranello
2008 Ferrari #90 Farnbacher Racing F430GT
2009 Ferrari California
1969 Ferrari Dino 246 GT
2002 Ferrari Enzo Ferrari
1987 Ferrari F40
1989 Ferrari F40 Competizione
2004 Ferrari F430
1995 Ferrari F50
1996 Ferrari F50 GT
2005 Ferrari FXX
1984 Ferrari GTO

WHERE ARE THE OTHER COOL FERRARIS IN GT5!?

Your list is not correct. Off the top of my head the 512 is in GT5 - there are also others that GT has that Forza doesn't - the 458 Italia for example. Not forgetting the two F1 Ferraris. Of course, the detailing is better in GT5 as well...

I'd prefer 1000 FM3 cars instead of 200 GT5 cars, if you got these two games into bed and got the physics, and tracks in GT5, and then got the extensive car list from FM3, plus the graphics of the tracks, and the damage system too. bundle that with photomode of GT5, and the smoke mask from FM3 with the smoke effect of GT5. you'd have one hell of a game. unfortunately for GT5, FM3 has the best bits in this mashing of the games :(

Turn 10 even visited PD studios during development, and well i think they pick the best bits in there game.

the hard line with GT5 is the the shortcuts are in your face, and all the areas where time was spent are all in the background.

This big update needs to bring a fix to the smoke mask, add about another 500 premium models, of cars people 'wish' they could own, opposed to super minis and other weird **** no one cares about. and the damage system could do with a massive kick up the arse too.

Personally I do care about the super minis, in fact more than the exotics and the supercars that a certain userbase wants so badly.

Yeah the slow cars are actually a lot of fun to race with. Specially online. Tuning them to beat supercars is actually quite rewarding too.

Do I want more supercars? Sure, but not at the expense of slow ones. Give me more of both and I'll be happy.

Your list is not correct. Off the top of my head the 512 is in GT5 - there are also others that GT has that Forza doesn't - the 458 Italia for example. Not forgetting the two F1 Ferraris. Of course, the detailing is better in GT5 as well...

The 1991 512 TR is NOT in GT5, and the 458 Italia sitting in my Forza 3 garage disagrees with your second statement. the 458 was DLC, so won't be on an original FM3 car list.

+1 on the news

I guess this answers the question some people had about if you already own the car, will it automatically be upgraded to the premium version? My guess, no, as the premium won't be replacing the standard model. It will be a whole new car in the game.[/QUOTE]

And that would suck if i had to repurchase all or most my cars cause 80% of the cars are standards so it might be better to just update the cars instead of remaking them

The 1991 512 TR is NOT in GT5, and the 458 Italia sitting in my Forza 3 garage disagrees with your second statement. the 458 was DLC, so won't be on an original FM3 car list.

It maybe sitting in your garage, but it wasn't sitting in that list. As has been said the 512 bb is - so I think this is splitting hairs a little incy bit :)

Plenty of premium classics in Forza. Nice to have E-type with a cockpit.

Not GT5 premium.

I'd sacrifice the seatbelt stitching for more cars.

Same here.

BUT, I think it is because of that stitching that I feel like I'm in that car I'm driving. In FM3 I know I am sitting in a Ferrari, or a Honda, but it doesn't feel like I am sitting in an F40 or Integra.

The only solution to the problems we're facing is for PD to hire more people.

how much did that standard looking 458 cost you then? not game credits I mean real money? :sly:

hiring people isn't as easy as you think. You have to have consistency when you're modelling the cars. Unless you got 1 brilliant guy who can use more workers as pawns, it's simply not easy to find capable workers.

also, kazunori spends most of his time with his crew out doing real life racing to promote gran turismo. have you heard of gt academy?

it's good that kazunori is updating gt5 with DLC. he already took enough money from gt5:Prologue so he can now make it up with DLC for gt5

Only if you choose to make it too easy. :sly:

There is nothing that says, because you can choose a much faster car, that you have to.

Exactly. I don't get people's argument for this, play how you want to play! Nobody is forcing to use overpowered cars! If I remember correctly, it's common for games to give you the option to select your own difficulty. :sly:

Exactly. I don't get people's argument for this, play how you want to play! Nobody is forcing to use overpowered cars! If I remember correctly, it's common for games to give you the option to select your own difficulty. :sly:
True, but one shouldn't be forced to check several car/tuning settings on a trial and error basis in order to have a fair and balanced (or harder) challenge. It would for example help to know what kind of tires opponents use.

I have a feeling leaderboards and reply added features will likely be what were getting on the 20th. Don't expect standard cars upgrade, jaggies/shadows, smoke pixelations, ect to be fix anytime soon.

Yeah the slow cars are actually a lot of fun to race with. Specially online. Tuning them to beat supercars is actually quite rewarding too.

Do I want more supercars? Sure, but not at the expense of slow ones. Give me more of both and I'll be happy.

+100 !
i love the Hyundia Tiberon with pipes and turbo. ~200HP and fun

Last edited:

Which is an option GT5 does not have, it does have lack of restrictions in races though and there is a difference. One adjusts your competition to give you more challenge, the other simply dictates how easily you blow by the always constant competition.

The problem I have with "just don't choose an overpowered car" is that it's not as easy to do as it sounds:

1: The car must be fast enough to win. There is a point at which no one could possibly win in a given car. Your car must be able to both overtake a whole field of cars rapidly (in order to catch first before he gets way out into nowhere land) and compete/overtake first for the win

2: Your car must be slow enough not to make it a breeze to blow by the competition and take the challenge out of winning.

3: The economy and upgrade system along with no performance ranking for a car make it hard to effectively do this on a regular basis.

4: The loading screens and general clunkiness of getting around GT5 make it undesireably to go back and forth to the tune shop to buy and tinker with buying one part at a time.

I have no interest in getting an overpowered car to blow by the competition, however most of the time this is what happens:

1: Look at likely competition and try to find a car that is near the top of the range. There is no point in buying a car near the bottom that can't win and will cost an arm and a leg to make competitive.

2: Race the car a few times stock in hopes of winning. Sometimes just stock I blow the doors off the competition - sometimes the game just randomly stocks the races with no particularly fast cars. In these cases - situation bad already.

3: If the stock car can't win, I go buy the cheap upgrades (air filter, cat, ecu) and maybe tires. Try again. Chances are now I am blowing by the competition. I COULD go buy just an air filter, then try, then buy JUST a cat and try but as I said, that is quite annoying to do.

4: If I am not competitive with my minor upgrades, I need to buy a bigger upgrade. The problem is these tend to come in 20+hp jumps. So I am likely again to buy some upgrade and now destroy the competition.

It might seem like 10 and 20 hps jumps in power shouldn't make you blow away the competition but due to the way the game is setup, it does. The biggest challenge for winning in most events isn't being competitive with the fastest car, it's being able to pass the pack reliably and catch the first place car before he is way out in the lead. 10hp can be the difference between being able to squeak by an opponent in the turns and not being able to pass them up. When you can't pass the oppoonent, you spend many seconds behind each one waiting for a better spot to pass, when you CAN you suddenly shave many seconds off yoru time becuase you no longer have to wait behind AI cars for the rare easy pass locations and this amplifies (a lot) what 10HP does to your race.

While it is POSSIBLE to find the right car to bring to a race and have a good time, ultimately it's a lot of trouble and the layout of most of the races (read short/no qualifyer) means you don't have a lot of wiggle room in this chase without being a huge time/cr waster.

And if you look way back at my first point 1 - that is the crux of the issue... your car must be potent enough to pass a lot of cars fast because often you will find if you aren't close to first by the 2nd or 3rd lap, he is putting seconds on the pack and there is an almost un recoverable gap he gets ahead of you.

Further more the AI cars in the back of the pack are stupid and slow and if you wait for appropriate times to pass without just brute forcing past, you can easily be laps into the race before you are ahead of the pack in which case we get back to not being able to catch a reasonably matched car with 10 seconds on you already.

So the very layout of the game almost forces you into an overpowered car because the only time you get a good race is when you have a car that is roughly evenly matched with the 1 fastest car in the race. However if you are matched with him, chances are you can't burn through the pack fast enough to catch him early and once he has put 10 seconds on your position, it's almost impossible to make up 10 seconds in an evenly matched card (at least it should be).

It's almost as if the game is built specifically to discourage racing with a well matched car.

Last edited:
I have a feeling leaderboards and reply added features will likely be what were getting on the 20th. Don't expect standard cars upgrade, jaggies/shadows, smoke pixelations, ect to be fix anytime soon.

Ok weatherman, it snowed 2dai but where u 3days ago?

Back