Avid Racing Factory [UPDATED 01/02/11]

• Thread starter vett'e
  • 332 comments
KonKongg
30756o.png

Welcome to the home of Avid Racing Factory, below you will find tunes tailor made to handle like a dream, be it turning on a dime or stopping on a heartbeat. Avid, provides tunes in three categories; Racing, Sport, and Drift. A future division for formula racing (when everyone has enough credit to buy one) will be opened.

Avid acknowledges the competitiveness on the GT scene, and above all Avid aims to compete against other factories on all fronts.

Coming second is not something we register very well here at Avid, and we wouldn't expect anything less from you, my master tuners, test drivers and most importantly - you.

BTW, please forgive the dullness! I'm not very skilled at editing etc =P

Positions held at Avid:

- Vett'e : Master Tuner / Test Driver
- MrGrado: Master Tuner / Test Driver
- Rayzor: Dedicated Test Driver
- Thunderstruck59: Dedicated Test Driver

Individual requests for specific cars are always welcomed, but I stress that Avid will only make the tune when we see fit - meaning when we have enough funds or time! Either you wait, or you provide the car with exact specifications and intended use.

NOTE: By adopting these tunes onto your car, you as the third party have effectively perused the disclaimer below and have understood its contents.

Race Tunes:
*Honda Integra DC5 Type R '04 RM - Vett'e
*Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) RM '09 - Vett'e
*Honda Epson NSX '08 - MrGrado
*Lamborghini Nomad Diablo GT-1 '00 - MrGrado
*Pagani Zonda R '09 - Vett'e
*Mazda Furai Concept '08 - Vett'e
*Lexus IS-F Racing Concept '08 - Vett'e
*Mclaren F1 '94 (Stealth Model)
*Gillet Vertigo Race Car '04 - Vett'e
*Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo - Vett'e
*Toyota Castol Tom's Supra '97 - Vett'e
*Autobacs Arta Garaiya '08 - Vett'e
*Re Amemiya FD3S Rx-7 - Vett'e
*RE Amemiya Asparadrink RX-7 '06 - Vett'e
*Ford GT LM Spec II

Sport Tunes:
*Honda NSX Type R '02 - Vett'e
*Shelby GT350R '65 - MrGrado
*Ferrari 458 Italia '09 - Vett'e
*Nissan GT-R V-Spec '09 - Vett'e
*Ferrari Scuderia '07 - MrGrado
*Toyota Supra 3.0GT Turbo A '88 - Vett'e
*Ferrari F40 '92 - Vett'e
*Nissan Fairlady Version S (Z33) '07 - Vett'e
*Nissan Skyline Coupe 370GT Type SP '07 - Vett'e
*Ferrari Enzo Ferrari '02 - Vett'e
*Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08 - Vett'e
*Nissan GT-R Spec-V II Nur (R34) '02 - Vett'e
*Renault Sport Renault Clio V6 24V '00 - Vett'e
*Honda S2000
*Honda Civic Type R '08
*Corvette Stingray (C3) '69

Drift Tune:
*Toyota FT-86 Sport Concept '10

*Disclaimer: All cars here (from me anyway) are tuned using sports soft or racing hard tires, if you intend to race in B-spec, you may need to soften the spring and dampers to accommodate for different tires. Nevertheless, all tunes here should suffice and some more! Secondly, criticisms are more than welcomed, however please be CONSTRUCTIVE. Lastly, all the lap times posted here are by all means achievable, if you struggle to get similar times then that is YOUR problem - do not complain to Avid about your driving or lack of it. Shall I observe any vulgar comments, the user will be reported. *

Last edited:
Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) RM '09

Well this is hands down the one of the best close-wheel racer money can buy. Not many cars even come remotely close! There have been many tunes of this car already, but this being the first few cars I bought, I took the liberty of enhancing what was already a beast into a menace.

HP: 905
Curb Mass: 1100 kg
Weight Distribution: 52 / 48

Requirements:
*Race Modification
*Every other upgrade available; purchase some racing soft and sports soft.

Aerodynamics: 34 / 46
Transmission: 360
Initial Torque: -- / 28
Acceleration Sensitivity: -- / 36
Braking Sensitivity: -- / 26
Ride Height: 1 / 1
Spring Rate: 16.5 / 15.1 (Racing Soft)
Extension: 8 / 8
Damperes: 7 / 8
Anti-roll Bars: 5 / 6
Camber: 2.4 / 2.0
Toe: -0.04 / -0.02
Brake Balance: 7 / 4

Personal best on Grandvalley and Suzuka is 1:41.385 (slowest 1:43.756) and 1:49:255 (slowest 1:50.048) respectively.

These are marked improvements, over 3 seconds faster than Adrenaline in his review and over half a second compared to my PB.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Honda NSX Type R '02

By now it should be no surprise that I'm a Honda fan, so naturally I had to get my hands on the best Honda - the NSX.

This is hands down my favourite car, its not the most powerful nor the best looking, but dear god it drives good. Completely Senna approved =p Anyhow, the car is tuned with balance in mind, that said I have tuned it to slightly oversteer on corner exit.

Being my favourite car, I have obviously spent more time tuning this beast. Track time was spent on Suzuka. Fastest lap on Sports Soft was 2:08:671, whilst Soft Racing tires improved the time to a blistering 2:01:082. Had my driving been better then we can expect somewhere in the sub 2 minutes.

Honda NSX Type R '02
HP: 460
Curb Mass: 1051 kg
Weight Distribution: 40 / 60 (found this on the web, I tuned the car according to the weight distribution to achieve a balanced set up).

Requirements:
*ONLY THE BEST OF COURSE*

Aerodynamics: -- / 18
Top Speed: 270 (good for Suzuka)
Initial Torque: 22
Acceleration Sensitivity: 34
Braking Sensitivity: 40 (personal preference here.)
Ride Height: -22 / -22 (Race), -16 / -16 (Sports)
Spring Rate: 12.7 / 15.6 (Race), 9.8 / 12.9 (Sports)
Extension: 8 / 8
Compression: 7 / 6
Anti-roll Bar: 4 / 4
Camber: 2.2 / 1.8
Toe: -0.12 / 0.05
Brake Balance: 6 / 5 or 6 / 6 (personal preference again)

This car will woo your heart. Beware.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Ferrari 458 Italia '09

Initially I had bought this car purely for completing the Italian trophy in A-spec. In fact I felt that I had made a grave mistake for not choosing the Scuderia instead because the Italia was somewhat inferior despite being more expensive, powerful and lighter.

Anyhow, the Italia was given the all-round makeover. It now turns and handles like a Ferrari should, but its not as raw as a F430 Scuderia or the F40.

Ferrari 458 Italia '09
HP: 724
Curb Mass: 1232
Weight Distribution: 42 / 58

Requirements:
- All engine modifications
- All chassis modifications (I've read that stiffening the chassis has made it worse off, so I don't recommend it if you haven't bought it yet)
- Turbochargers are optional but I don't recommend it as it taints the car's actual performance.
- Fully adjustable transmission
- Fully adjustable LSD
- Twin Clutch
- Lightweight flywheel
- Fully adjustable suspension
- Racing Hard tires

Aerodynamics 10 / 30
Transmission: 330 km
Initial Torque: 26
Acceleration Sensitivity: 32
Braking Sensitivity: 24
Ride Height 18 / 16
Spring Rate: 12.3 / 14.2
Extension: 7 / 8
Compression: 6 / 7
Anti-roll Bars: 6 / 6
Camber: 2.6 / 2.2
Toe: -0.08 / -0.02
Brake Balance: 7 / 6

The car is mighty quick on the straights, eating all 7 gears like a glutton. You kind of lose perception of speed on long straights, so give ample braking time, you will have to choose your racing lines with particular attention because the 458 is akin to a princess - but there's no beauty that have not some flaws! When right, it will give you a smile.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
i consistently run 3 seconds faster with tc sail's corvette tune over yours.

Hi Jeremy, I noticed a mistake in my tuning! The front and rear spring rates were reversed, please refer to it again now. Some slight modifications too with the toe and dampers.

I clocked a 1:50.803 on Suzuka, what did you get with Sail's tune?

Nissan GT-R V-Spec '09

The world's most synonymous car just got a makeover, its going to rock you and quick. Numerous threads had discussed tuning the GT-R with relative success, I don't claim to be superior but I do reckon this tune offers better entry, turn-in, and exit too. The secret lies in the limited slip differential above anything else.

So without further ado.

Nissan GT-R V-Spec '09
(bought from dealership)
HP: 686 (can potentially hit 830+, but that pollutes the car)
Curb Mass: 1362 kg

Requirements:
*Everything purchasable*

Aerodynamics: -- / 18
Transmission: 320 (good for Suzuka)
Initial Torque 14 / 32
Acceleration Sensitivity: 18 / 38
Braking Sensitivity: 22 / 22
Torque Sensing Differential: 25 / 75

NOW the important bits;

Ride Height: -18 / -16
Spring Rate: 16.1 / 15.2 (Racing Soft), 13.8 / 11.9 (Sports Soft)
Extension: 8 / 7
Compression: 7 / 6
Anti-roll Bars: 6 / 6
Toe: -0.04 / -0.02
Brake Balance: 7:4

I personally feel that the car handles better with less power, but for kicks I fitted a high-pressure turbo thus pumping out 826 HP.

The fastest time on Suzuka was 1:55.720 with slicks.

*REMEMBER TO SET THE LSD, otherwise the car wouldn't handle*

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Hi Jeremy, I noticed a mistake in my tuning! The front and rear spring rates were reversed, please refer to it again now. Some slight modifications too with the toe and dampers.

I clocked a 1:50.803 on Suzuka, what did you get with Sail's tune?

ok. I'll try your new tune. Thanks. I'll post my times after I try them both.

i beg u i want one good setup tune that makes this car drift but not overdrift light drifting i like the tuscan tvr speedster 6 it only car i want decent tune for all the one i found so far r lil to tight i want an losser car that sldies when going round corners

i beg u i want one good setup tune that makes this car drift but not overdrift light drifting i like the tuscan tvr speedster 6 it only car i want decent tune for all the one i found so far r lil to tight i want an losser car that sldies when going round corners

Drift tuning is done by another tuner who's currently working on something else. Word of advice though, if your car is oversteering too much, it may be attributed to poor LSD setting, either decrease initial torque or decrease acceleration sensitivity. On the other hand, you may want to stiffen the front spring rate or use a stronger anti-roll bar up front.

By the way, drift settings for cars usually have lower spring rates than say.... race spec cars - since softer springs allow more sliding.

Good luck

Shelby GT350R '65

This car was race prepared especially for the Grand Valley 300. If your going to do 60 laps around grand valley you might as well do it in style, right? This car will make fast laps on fresh tyres and it will reveal its wild nature when the tyres are old and the fuel load is low. I have also taken this for hot laps around Trial Mountain with Racing Soft tyres. This is an exciting car.

Shelby GT350R '65
317 HP
1055 kg

Requirements: FC suspension, full weight reduction, increased rigity, clutch, flywheel, tail shaft.

Tyres: Racing Hard
Aerodynamics: --
Transmission: --
Initial Torque: --
Acceleration Sensitivity: --
Braking Sensitivity: --

Ride Height: 0 / 0
Spring Rate: 4.6 / 3.6
Extension: 5 / 4
Compression: 5 / 4
Anti-roll Bars: 4 / 4
Camber: -2.0 / -1.9
Toe: 0.08 / 0.40

Last edited:
Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07

This drives real nice. I have probably done more A spec miles in this than any other car. The weight and horsepower are standard but this car will still win ferrari events, supercar events and MR events.

Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07
528 HP
1350 kg

Requirements: Aero mods, FC suspension.

Tyres: Racing Medium
Aerodynamics: 15 / 31
Transmission: --
Initial Torque: --
Acceleration Sensitivity: --
Braking Sensitivity: --

Spring Rate: 7.4 / 9.0
Extension: 7 / 7
Compression: 5 / 5
Anti-roll Bars: 3 / 3
Camber: -2.4 / -1.9
Toe: 0.00 / -0.27

Brakes: 3 / 2

Last edited:
Honda Epson NSX '08

This is a Japanese GT car and a premium model. This tune didn't take long to build. Some more testing and comparison is needed but it seems to be nearly on the money.

Honda Epson NSX '08
475 HP
1150 kg

Requirements: --

Aerodynamics: 40 / 65
Transmission: 217MPH 4.062 final ratio
Initial Torque: 15
Acceleration Sensitivity: 15
Braking Sensitivity: 15

Spring Rate: 13.8 / 14.8
Extension: 5 / 5
Compression: 5 / 5
Anti-roll Bars: 4 / 4
Camber: -2.6 / -2.6
Toe: 0.00 / 0.30

Brakes: 6 / 4

Last edited:
Lamborghini Nomad Diablo GT-1 '00

This is a non-premium model. This Diablo competed in Japan in the JGTC championship. Overall there were stronger race teams in the competition but this monster car would fight for race wins on the right day.

Lamborghini Nomad Diablo GT-1 '00
612 HP
1200 kg

Requirements: increased rigidity.

Aerodynamics: 35 / 52
Transmission: 193MPH 3.830 final ratio
Initial Torque: 15
Acceleration Sensitivity: 38
Braking Sensitivity: 24

Ride Height: 10 / 10
Spring Rate: 11.8 / 15
Extension: 6 / 8
Compression: 6 / 8
Anti-roll Bars: 4 / 3
Camber: -1.9 / -2.3
Toe: 0.05 / 0.15

Brakes: 5 / 4

Last edited:
Thanks for posting, will be giving some of these a try. I have an Italia, like it pretty much how it is out of the box but will give these a try along with the GT-R one. I just got one and haven't touched it yet.

Thanks for posting, will be giving some of these a try. I have an Italia, like it pretty much how it is out of the box but will give these a try along with the GT-R one. I just got one and haven't touched it yet.

The italia isn't anywhere as competitive as the scud tuned by Grado (above),.different story though with the GT-R.

Have fun!

Honda Civic Type R (EK) RM '97

This car seems to be very popular with many requests for tunes recently. This was my first car in GT5 but the only mods I did was gold paint, wheels, carbon bonnet and rear wing. It seems that many people want more from their Civic. To meet the demand for tunes I bought another civic and went to town on it. This car is tuned for only one thing: speed. This will do Suzuka in 2:06.685.

Honda Civic Type R (EK) RM '97
401 BHP
845 kg

Requirements: Racing Modification, LSD, All HP mods, increased rigidity.

Aerodynamics: 15 / 20
Transmission: 168MPH
Initial Torque: 10
Acceleration Sensitivity: 20
Braking Sensitivity: 20

Ride Height: -16 / -16
Spring Rate: 9.3 / 13.2
Extension: 9 / 10
Compression: 8 / 9
Anti-roll Bars: 4 / 5
Camber: -3.0 / -3.0
Toe: 0.28 / -0.12

Brakes 5 / 5

Last edited:

Well this is hands down the one of the best close-wheel racer money can buy. Not many cars even come remotely close! There have been many tunes of this car already, but this being the first few cars I bought, I took the liberty of enhancing what was already a beast into a menace.

HP: 905
Curb Mass: 1100 kg

Requirements:
*Race Modification
*Every other upgrade available; purchase some racing soft and sports soft.

Aerodynamics: 34 / 52
Transmission: 360
Initial Torque: 16
Acceleration Sensitivity: 28
Braking Sensitivity: 38
Ride Height: 1 / 1
Spring Rate: 16.7 / 15.9 (Racing Soft)
Extension: 9 / 8
Damperes: 8 / 7
Anti-roll Bars: 4 / 5
Toe: -0.14 / 0.010
Brake Balance: 7 / 4

This set up got me 1:49.701 on Suzuka
Enjoy!

So, it's been a day since my last failure at the Expert Series - All Star Event, and with a new day comes a new tune to try.
Track 1 - Trial Mountain - Best Lap: 1:19.683
Apparently I suffer from short term memory loss. The first thing I said in my last ZR1 review was that I should have known to up the ride height for a track with as many bumps and hills as this one, but what did I forget...
So, here I'm remind of how much the car doesn't like bumps, and moreso how much it doesn't like them while braking. Typical learning curve of a new tune, put me into an early spin, but this tune allowed me to work my way back to 3rd at the checkers. I also should have dropped the Top Speed to something more realistic for such a small track, but hindsight 20/20 and all that.

Corner Entry: Car entered pretty well and was very stable under hard braking. So much so, that I tried to take advantage of hard, late entries, but this forced the car to understeer through the center. Once I 'paced down' and entered the corner like a normal human being, it allowed the car to get settled and planted into the track, and make it through the turns pretty well.

Center: As long as I entered the corner accordingly, this tune pays off patience. If you can wait for the nose to settle into the track, you can get right back on the gas and the car won't fight you. Get on it too early, even under low throttle percentages, and you'll experience a mild understeer from the center off. This is manageable, again, only if you're patient enough to back off the throttle, let the weight unload, and then get back on it. If you are not patient, you'll fight the tendency of understeer, and the power of the ZR1 will either push you into the mountain side, or if you overdo it, you'll break the rear end lose, get sideways, and ruin your straight-away speed. From time to time, I would bottom out, forcing the car up the track about a car width, which throws your entire line out of whack, but again, this is an easy fix.

Corner Exit: As stated above, as long as you let the car get planted before accelerating off, the exit is wonderful. Getting through the center smoothly, allows you to get an early exit, if you have good throttle control. This pays dividends back two-fold. The Corvette is an overpowered machine, that wants to burn the tires off the back end. So if you have the car planted and get that early exit off, you're accelerating through the exit of the corner, which allows you to put the power down over more space and time, equating to a lot less potential for tire spin. If you blow by the apex, and try to force the vette to turn with the throttle, you'll end up just spinning your tires, and give up all of your forward bite and momentum, and it's extremely likely, you'll send the rear of the car all the way around.

Overall: This tune, on this track at least, appears to be a very mechanical one. By this I mean, it feels as if it were designed and built around 3 sections of the corner, rather than a single corner as a whole. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, and actually for myself, having grown up on a circle track, suited me fairly well. Basically, it divides the corner into a simple 3 step process of: Brake in, Coast through, accelerate out. If this fits your style, then you're in luck. The only thing I'd like to see a little bit more of, is rotation through the center. I know the car likes to break loose easily, but I felt that this tune was a little too balanced through the center. If I could have it just a hair more on the free side, I'd be able to take advantage of the early drive off, a lot more often. And if I were to toy with your set up on this track, I'd probably just drop the Rear toe to 0.00, or possibly -.05 to try and get off the corner from center out, just a bit better. But I'm not a tuner, so I could be wrong on this, but it's work for me in the past. Or maybe just bumping up the front downforce to 35 and see how that felt.

Next track is the Grand Valley Speedway. Best lap of 1:44.244
Pretty much everything from above carries over to this track, with the exception of the bottoming out, ride height issues. Unfortunately this track has quite a few medium speed 'S' curves, combined with higher entry speeds and slightly tighter turns than the previous track. What this did was magnify the issue I had from before, with rotating the center of the corner, which hindered my exit speed, and therefor the momentum I was unable to carry into the next straightaway. Another early mistake on lap 2, forced me into catch up mode, and this damn Judd and Minolta aren't cutting me any slack. Another 3rd place disgrace.

Nurdbergring 7:01:931
I'm horrible at this track. I'm best suited to repetition, because I seem to get better with each lap. So you can see how a long, single lap race, doesn't play into my favor. I set the ride height to 15/15 for this race, and the car simply hates touching the curbs, maybe I needed to go higher. I've seen someone mention 35/35 for this track, but I thought that was a bit much, but I'll try it on my next pass. Don't even get me started on touching the grass. The car is also very unstable at high speed bumper cars. Working through traffic is not a strong point. 10th place finish and the series is now out of reach, so that's where this review will end.

I do think I'm going to keep this set up on the car for the next try, and I'll play with a few things to try and free the center up a bit.

I have a stupid question. Do you have to gold the series, or can you gold each track individually and still get the car reward?

You just need to gold the series to win a car. I won a car with equal first once. I think I got a good result in the last race when that happened.

So, it's been a day since my last failure at the Expert Series - All Star Event, and with a new day comes a new tune to try.
Track 1 - Trial Mountain - Best Lap: 1:19.683
Apparently I suffer from short term memory loss. The first thing I said in my last ZR1 review was that I should have known to up the ride height for a track with as many bumps and hills as this one, but what did I forget...
So, here I'm remind of how much the car doesn't like bumps, and moreso how much it doesn't like them while braking. Typical learning curve of a new tune, put me into an early spin, but this tune allowed me to work my way back to 3rd at the checkers. I also should have dropped the Top Speed to something more realistic for such a small track, but hindsight 20/20 and all that.

Corner Entry: Car entered pretty well and was very stable under hard braking. So much so, that I tried to take advantage of hard, late entries, but this forced the car to understeer through the center. Once I 'paced down' and entered the corner like a normal human being, it allowed the car to get settled and planted into the track, and make it through the turns pretty well.

Center: As long as I entered the corner accordingly, this tune pays off patience. If you can wait for the nose to settle into the track, you can get right back on the gas and the car won't fight you. Get on it too early, even under low throttle percentages, and you'll experience a mild understeer from the center off. This is manageable, again, only if you're patient enough to back off the throttle, let the weight unload, and then get back on it. If you are not patient, you'll fight the tendency of understeer, and the power of the ZR1 will either push you into the mountain side, or if you overdo it, you'll break the rear end lose, get sideways, and ruin your straight-away speed. From time to time, I would bottom out, forcing the car up the track about a car width, which throws your entire line out of whack, but again, this is an easy fix.

Corner Exit: As stated above, as long as you let the car get planted before accelerating off, the exit is wonderful. Getting through the center smoothly, allows you to get an early exit, if you have good throttle control. This pays dividends back two-fold. The Corvette is an overpowered machine, that wants to burn the tires off the back end. So if you have the car planted and get that early exit off, you're accelerating through the exit of the corner, which allows you to put the power down over more space and time, equating to a lot less potential for tire spin. If you blow by the apex, and try to force the vette to turn with the throttle, you'll end up just spinning your tires, and give up all of your forward bite and momentum, and it's extremely likely, you'll send the rear of the car all the way around.

Overall: This tune, on this track at least, appears to be a very mechanical one. By this I mean, it feels as if it were designed and built around 3 sections of the corner, rather than a single corner as a whole. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, and actually for myself, having grown up on a circle track, suited me fairly well. Basically, it divides the corner into a simple 3 step process of: Brake in, Coast through, accelerate out. If this fits your style, then you're in luck. The only thing I'd like to see a little bit more of, is rotation through the center. I know the car likes to break loose easily, but I felt that this tune was a little too balanced through the center. If I could have it just a hair more on the free side, I'd be able to take advantage of the early drive off, a lot more often. And if I were to toy with your set up on this track, I'd probably just drop the Rear toe to 0.00, or possibly -.05 to try and get off the corner from center out, just a bit better. But I'm not a tuner, so I could be wrong on this, but it's work for me in the past. Or maybe just bumping up the front downforce to 35 and see how that felt.

Next track is the Grand Valley Speedway. Best lap of 1:44.244
Pretty much everything from above carries over to this track, with the exception of the bottoming out, ride height issues. Unfortunately this track has quite a few medium speed 'S' curves, combined with higher entry speeds and slightly tighter turns than the previous track. What this did was magnify the issue I had from before, with rotating the center of the corner, which hindered my exit speed, and therefor the momentum I was unable to carry into the next straightaway. Another early mistake on lap 2, forced me into catch up mode, and this damn Judd and Minolta aren't cutting me any slack. Another 3rd place disgrace.

Nurdbergring 7:01:931
I'm horrible at this track. I'm best suited to repetition, because I seem to get better with each lap. So you can see how a long, single lap race, doesn't play into my favor. I set the ride height to 15/15 for this race, and the car simply hates touching the curbs, maybe I needed to go higher. I've seen someone mention 35/35 for this track, but I thought that was a bit much, but I'll try it on my next pass. Don't even get me started on touching the grass. The car is also very unstable at high speed bumper cars. Working through traffic is not a strong point. 10th place finish and the series is now out of reach, so that's where this review will end.

I do think I'm going to keep this set up on the car for the next try, and I'll play with a few things to try and free the center up a bit.

I have a stupid question. Do you have to gold the series, or can you gold each track individually and still get the car reward?

Excellent review Adrenaline, I really appreciate your input from another driver besides me because I only have myself to gauge as there are only so few who visit Avid.

Anyhow, you are absolutely correct about the car's 'mechanical' set up. I always bare in mind the importance of turn-in, entry, corner, and exit. The understeer could be attributed to either the rear toe setting, or soft LSD setting - I'm reluctant to bump up rear spring rate any further. All the tunes here are developed through figures derived from calculations in weight distribution and weight transfer, its not until latter stages that I tune using conventional methods.

As you may have already mentioned, the intended driving approach is exactly as you said; full brakes, coast, slight throttle through mid corner and full throttle out. I guess its the sort of driving style of have come to adopt, and its a lot like real driving in certain aspects.

Previously on another tune that you may have used on the Indytrack, I have set the spring rates 9% stiffer on both sides, but I felt they were too focused on racing tracks and negated other tracks in the game, hence my softening of the springs.

What I'd appreciate most is if you could test on suzuka f1 circuit with the current tune so to compare with my current PB of 1:49.xxx (can't remember).

Thank you for your time and effort in reviewing this tune so thoroughly, you have my respect Adrenaline.

Cheers.

Okay, vette, I've finally got round to review the NSX. In a word, awesome. I love this car and I can tell you I've considerably cut down on my lap times.

What I like about this car and tune is that it doesn't grip to a huge extent but doesn't slide either, it's balanced which makes it great.

Corner entry: Car was stable when entering and not much hassle at all considering it has that huge amount of horse power. It hugs the road quite well and brakes well aswell. I preffered the 6/6 balance opposed to the 5/6.

Centre: This part of the corner depends on your speed and type of corner. It's very stable and great on either extremely long corners eg. the last corner on Tsukuba or very tight and winding corners. On medium sized corners it would either understeer or oversteer but that may the way I'm driving the car. To be honest this car is great. You just need to balance the braking and acceleration.

Corner exit: On corner exit the car would sometimes oversteer quite alot if you accidently put too much power, and I'm not suprised since this is a beast. So you need to kind of get out of the corner slowly and then step on the power once you are straight. Either way, it's very clean and hassle free.

Conclusion: Amazing job vette, hoping to test more of your tunes. 👍

Hey vette,

I ran around suzuka with your corvette tune. With a few tiny tweaks I ran a low 1:51.xxx but that lap had some slow driving and a bad mistake. I'll try do some more laps tomorow.

I think rear springs at 14.5 is good, it helps traction in 3rd and 4th.

Some of the other changes I ran with might just be a personal preference though: roll bars both at 5, camber both at -1.9, ride height both at 8, LSD initial equal with acceleration.

vett'e,

I have been fighting a tune for the GT-R GT500 Stealth Model. The car has massive potential, and with tuning I feel will compete with Corvette RM however; my tune was so far off it was very difficult to drive. It suffered both under and over steer. Turn in was horrible, part throttle through the apex caused the car to push terribly, corner exit it would over steer. I saw the tune for the ZR1 and thought why not give it a try, I know it's a different car, but it is a "FR" car with somewhat similar characteristics. I applied the tune and made a few laps, the car was MUCH more drive-able. A few more modifications to the LSD and ride height yielded a 5-6 second return on Suzuka. I understand the ZR1 and the GT-R Stealth are different vehicles, but I was amazed at the difference this tune made. I can't wait to get some more input from you on the Stealth tune, and tuning in general. I would gift the car to you to tune it this is one of the cars you can not. Nice work indeed vett'e!!

Hey vette, was wondering if you could tune up the MKIII toyota supra. I really want a good tune for that car. 👍

Maybe a more grip friendly tune or go all out and make a drifting sensation. :sly:

Excellent review Adrenaline, I really appreciate your input from another driver besides me because I only have myself to gauge as there are only so few who visit Avid.

Anyhow, you are absolutely correct about the car's 'mechanical' set up. I always bare in mind the importance of turn-in, entry, corner, and exit. The understeer could be attributed to either the rear toe setting, or soft LSD setting - I'm reluctant to bump up rear spring rate any further. All the tunes here are developed through figures derived from calculations in weight distribution and weight transfer, its not until latter stages that I tune using conventional methods.

As you may have already mentioned, the intended driving approach is exactly as you said; full brakes, coast, slight throttle through mid corner and full throttle out. I guess its the sort of driving style of have come to adopt, and its a lot like real driving in certain aspects.

Previously on another tune that you may have used on the Indytrack, I have set the spring rates 9% stiffer on both sides, but I felt they were too focused on racing tracks and negated other tracks in the game, hence my softening of the springs.

What I'd appreciate most is if you could test on suzuka f1 circuit with the current tune so to compare with my current PB of 1:49.xxx (can't remember).

Thank you for your time and effort in reviewing this tune so thoroughly, you have my respect Adrenaline.

Cheers.

I can do that, but it won't be until late tonight.
I'd really appreciate if you could give me an adjustment to add some more rotation in the center, so that when I get home, I can apply your changes to the set up, and then run it. Or possibly I can run both settings and quantify the difference in my hands. Either way, I'll get you some times posted late tonight.

Back