Cheshyrkats new DIY rig

• Thread starter Cheshyrkat
  • 14 comments
MaDKaT
Happy New Year,

Ive been a long time member who mostly lurks. I love DIY setups and frequent this subforum often to see the latest ideas. I have DIY'd a few solutions and for GT5 I wanted a new setup. Now that Im mostly done I present what I have dubbed Rig3.0.

Goals
-Stand Alone Unit
-100% adjustable
-Stable
-comfortable
-doesnt break the bank
-and girl friend friendly

Materials
-Repurposed wood from defunct Ikea couch and Shelf
-Some 80/20 Aluminum pieces
-Lots of nuts and bolts
-heavy felt
-Woodscrews
-Glue
-Stain

Tools
-Mitersaw
-Jigsaw
-Drill and various bits
-Sockets, screwdrivers, Allen keys
-Sander

Components
Asus 24" 1080p monitor
Logitech 2.1 sound
5.1 optical Surround Headphones
Corbeau Forza II seat
Fanatec GT3RSv2 Clubsport edition and H shifter
PS3
PC

Sketch via Google

Rig3_Sketchup.jpg

The design changed a bit while building. Material limitations and mods for stability along with added shelves for equipment

IMG_2213_sm.jpg

IMG_2215_sm.jpg

Seat base. Notice the seat is on rubber mounts

IMG_2217_sm.jpg

Tilt/Telescopt steering column and Shifter slide

IMG_2218_sm.jpg

IMG_2221_sm.jpg

Inverted Pedals

IMG_2216_sm.jpg

This setup still isnt complete. Up next are a pair of transducers and while I like headphones I would still like a proper surround.

While this rig is definitely more along the lines of what Ive always wanted its not the last. I already have ideas for a new rig that I hope to start next spring.

Thanks. I thought about black but decided on something a bit closer to the color as the rest of the furniture in the room.

That baby means business. It looks like it might start walking on its own! Amazing effect with the stained timber, metal, and motorsport gear, its almost steampunk.

Wow that is crazy =0
I would love to have that man. For $600? Damn I would so buy that If I saved up my money for a couple of months and didnt order the Fanatec GT3 RS v2 along with standard pedals. -__-

Back