B-Spec Expert Historic Car Cup Help ?

• Thread starter Zathra5_
  • 694 comments
Goes_To_11 GTP_GoesTo11
What is the best car for the Cote D'Azur race in the Historic car race for spec B? I have the Toyota 7 from the Like the Wind event and that did very well for the first event but the best I have done with it was second at Cote D'Azur and that was lucky.

Toyota 7 but it needs setting up properly, I have already made a thread for this race and for others to contribute about other tricky b-spec races

I have the same problem. One time 'ol Bob got side by side with the lead car but alas he backed off after he was clear and let the win get away. There are several problems with this race.

First, Bob has a tendency to run smack into the wall ending any real chance for a win (especially the chicane after the tunnel).

Second, the other AI are coded to be very aggressive in passing here. Unfortunately Bob is a real gentleman and he doesn't want to p.o. his golf buddies and backs off of easy passes time after time. I say this is a coding issue as I have 5 drivers of different skills and they all do the same thing (all near level 22).

The worst part is that in clear air the Toyota is a ton faster than everything else on the track.

I completed it my fourth try with a lvl 18 bspec driver, he had a bit of trouble in the first few but got better and better. Then BOOM he won, i was so happy :D

I used the Toyota 7 aswell geared to max at 240km/h nothing else changed, good luck!

EDIT: And i pushed him hard all the way through the race.

Toyota 7 but it needs setting up properly, I have already made a thread for this race and for others to contribute about other tricky b-spec races

Where do we find it ? Could you put a link in your sig ?
Need all the help I can get .
Cheers Ozi

My racers now rank 20 but cant win this event with a turbo'd Ferrari. What cars/set up did anyone else use. I won it in A spec this way but he keeps coming third. Thanks

I just grinded my way to level 21 and beat b-spec like the wind with a fully tuned stealth r10. You win the Toyota 7, which when fully tuned will easily dominate that event. Cote d'azure still requires constant babysitting though.

Cheers guys. My Ferrari is maxed out. I'll try to win the Toyota, thats my next event anyway. That seems to dominate the races so should easily win once modded. Cheers

Cheers guys. My Ferrari is maxed out. I'll try to win the Toyota, thats my next event anyway. That seems to dominate the races so should easily win once modded. Cheers

Just don't expect to drive that thing yourself, with 900some hp once modded that thing is wild, and without being able to adjust individual ratios the gearing is really screwy.

I had to do birthday cheat (oh the shame) to get the 2j, was the only way he could win and even then he had a struggle keeping the 7 behind him. My guy is class 16, B spec level 17. Had to drop the top speed right down to 280km/h so it was pokey through the corners.

Got this one with Lvl. 19 Bob and a Toyota, with the medium turbo upgrade, works better with more torque, than the less controllable high end turbo.
+ LSD and Tranny adjustments
I used max downforce

(From this Board)
Initial Torque: 30
Acceleration Sensitivity: 55
Braking Sensitivity: 40

i had to beat like the wind race as a spec with the zr1 with race mod and fully tuned. not easy but i did it. got the minolta toyota which my b spec used on like the wind and won with no problems. went back to historic race and used the toyota 7 fully tuned which my b spec won for me in like the wind. the toyota 7 won a and b spec with no problems. u just need to tune the tranny for speed, lower the better and use 100% on ur wing. u need to get out front right away and hold it. ive tryed all the other people have been saying to use and no luck.

he's crashed 3 times now on the chicane, waits for everyone to pass then drives off. This bob is p***ing me off!

Yeah B-Spec has a lot of herp derp moments. Fortunately my two drivers haven't crashed bad yet, but they do have their tendencies to give me the chills.

Where's the fun in watching an AI struggle to win a simple race? Bob needs shotting!

He was 2nd tried overtaking 1st and did it again. 4 races on the trot now.

This is b********. B spec is pointless. If he doesn't crash somebody else does and he goes into them. He brakes when the car in front does rather than pass it. I really don't understand where the fun is in watching ai drive round and cock things up. If it wasn't for the cars he unlocks I wouldn't even bother with it.

2nd place 1 lap remaining and spins out again. I'm going back to the old fashioned way of playing myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a good job they drive for you for free. Imagine having to pay your own credits to your B-spec drivers for every race they enter, and then lose. I hope i haven't just given PD an idea.

Back