Karelian MotorWorks - Updated with Racing Elise!

• Thread starter Temetias.
  • 220 comments
EigerNordwandShortTrack.jpg

KMW Giulia Sprint GTA Superleggera '11
Based on Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA 1600 '65

Cape Ring South Laptime: 1'26.484

Facts
Displacement: 1570 cc
Max. Power: 220 BHP / 6900 rpm
Max. Torque: 23 kgfm / 6900 rpm
Drivetrain: FR
Weight: 675 kg
Power to Weight Ratio: 3.01 kg/BHP
Performance Points: 485

Parts to buy

GT Auto
Oil Change
Engine Rebuild
Body Ridigity Refresh

Tuning Shop
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

Setup

Transmission
Transmission

(speed in KM/H)
1st: x.xxx
2nd: x.xxx
3rd: x.xxx
4th: x.xxx
5th: x.xxx
6th: x.xxx
Final: x.xxx
Max Speed: 220 (My last car without tuned tranny)

Drivetrain
Limited Slip Didderential

Initial Torque: 19
Acceleration Sensitivity: 48
Braking Sensitivity: 42

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height Adjustment (mm): -10 / -5
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 10.0 / 7.6
Dampers (extension): 9 / 7
Dampers (compression): 7 / 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 / 2
Camber Angle (-): 2.2 / 2.7
Toe Angle: -0.05 / 0.41

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5 / 5

Driving Options
Transmission: MT (recommended)
TCS: OFF (recommended)
Skid Recovery Force: OFF
Active Steering: OFF
ASM: OFF
ABS: 1

I must say I was quite worried when I saw this marvellous little classic being ripped apart and most of its parts replaced with modern, top-end racing parts. My worst fear was that it won't be a Giulia Sprint after all these modifications, that it wouldn't be wothy for its four-leaf clover anymore. I was wrong.

If you look at the car we've tuned from the outside, you see no difference between it and the original model. It's sleek italian silhouette isn't spoiled with fruitcake spoilers or wings. Even the old wheels are the same, only washed and with some new grippy rubber on them. Open the door, have a seat and you'll notice that from the inside it's even more ascetic and stripped than the original 1600 GTA was. Turn the key, and if the old italian agrees to do as told, you'll hear the classic 1600cc 4-cylinder waking with it's nostalgy weber sound spreading to the surroundings. But now it has sidetone of a turbo to tell everyone that this time it means business.

Historic cars are never easy to drive and Giulia Sprint Superleggera is no expection. 675 kg and 220 bhp driven to rear wheels should tell what you'll experience. If you don't treat it with care you'll be coming out from every single corner in a wide drift, looking like a wannabe japanese drift king. Treat it well, and it opens up a opportunity for a whole new style of driving for you. It grips when you want it to grip but you can go into some corners in a slide and hit the apex in a whole different speeds you've got used to. In example, the tight s-bend in Cape Ring South can be cleared 0.3 seconds faster if you enter the corner in a slight drift. No other car can really do that with such confidence.

One of my personal favourites, and possibly yours too... ;)

Last edited:
Wow, thanks for this. I absolutely love this car. With that horsepower and low weight it should have no trouble humbling more modern cars.
Thanks, yeah the boxy little German isn't one to underestimate.

Awesome Tune, bro.
Glad to hear you like Temetias' tune. He sure chose the prettier car out of the 2, it's great that you feel it's not a case of beauty over brains though!

Since GT5's v1.10 update, I've noticed some ahem "room for improvement" in my old tunes. Perhaps the update hasn't been kind to them, or perhaps the my old tunes have always sucked and I've only just realised! I suspect it's a little from column A and a little from column B. Anyway, the DB7 has been updated and my other tunes will follow soon.

Also, some fairly exotic machines have been pounding out lap after lap at KMW's test track as all 3 KMW tuners (welcome Z1-AV69!) prepare for the upcoming release of 3 cars in a similar theme. Here's a cryptic clue about what's in store, my latest creation is a snail-paced horse...

Integra RR updated.

Hopefully v1.11 doesn't have any more ninja physics updates :irked:, because I'm really happy with how this tune now drives on v1.10!

Edit: Golf updated too!

Last edited:
FerrariF40.jpg

KMW F40 Core Edition '11
Based on Ferrari F40 '92
Updated 4/3/12 for v2.05

Tokyo R246 Laptime: 1:45.7

Facts
Displacement: 2936 cc
Max. Power: 651 BHP / 7600 rpm
Max. Torque: 72 kgfm / 4600 rpm
Drivetrain: MR
Weight: 1125 kg
Performance Points: 583

Parts to buy

GT Auto
Oil Change

Tuning Shop
Window Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
(Standard Intake Manifold)
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Exhaust
High RPM Turbo
(Standard Clutch)
Semi-racing FlywheelFully Customisable LSD
Sports Soft Tyres

Setup

Body / Chassis
Downforce: N/A
Ballast: 0kg

Transmission
First, set top speed: 330 km/h.
Then set gears:
1st: 3.52
2nd: 2.31
3rd: 1.92
4th: 1.55
5th: 1.19
Final: 2.73

Drivetrain
Initial Torque: 35
Acceleration Sensitivity: 10
Braking Sensitivity: 20

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment: +20 / +20
Spring Rate: 15.5 / 12
Dampers (extension): 8 / 8
Dampers (compression): 8 / 8
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 / 3
Camber Angle: 2.0 / 0.5
Toe Angle: -0.50 / +0.50

Brakes
Brake Balance: 4 / 4

Driving Options
Controller Steering Sensitivity: 0

Named after the Stone Temple Pilots album released the same year (and why wouldn't a rock star have a lurid green Ferrari with purple wheels?!), the KMW F40 Core Edition is the first tune of the expanded KMW line-up (nomis3613, Temetias and Z1-AV69). The Core Edition has racked up many miles in development because it stubbornly refused to "play nice". Added to this was that the laws of physics secretly changed halfway through development (thanks, v1.10 update...), but finally it's here.

Underneath it all, the car is a belligerent stallion looking for an excuse to punish the driver for any mistakes (but hopefully you will find the KMW tune an improvement...). Enjoy the challenge of seeing how close to the edge you can push it, while trying to live to tell the tale!

Last edited:
Is there a "1 review, 1 request" system going on here? If not, then my recommendation is a Nissan Skyline GT-R R33, tuned to 500PP.

Is there a "1 review, 1 request" system going on here? If not, then my recommendation is a Nissan Skyline GT-R R33, tuned to 500PP.

Thanks for the suggestion, we've got a backlog at the moment, but we'll try to get around to it sometime.

Do you want the priority to be most fun (usually sports tyres) or max tuned for most speed? Any specific track in mind?

RedBullHangar-7_1-1.jpg

RX-7 Spirit KMW Evolution I '11
Based on Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A '02

Cape Ring South Laptime: 1'15.899

Facts
Displacement: 654x2 cc
Max. Power: 513 BHP / 7400 rpm
Max. Torque: 58 kgfm / 4400 rpm
Drivetrain: FR
Weight: 1051 kg
Power to Weight Ratio: 2.02 kg/BHP

Parts to buy

GT Auto
Oil Change
Wheels "Rays Volk Racing GTS"
Front Aero "Type A"
Wing "Type B"

Tuning Shop
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Low RPM Range Turbo Kit
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD
Sports Soft Tyres

Setup

Body / Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 0 / 18

Transmission
Transmission

(set in this order)
1st: 2.876
2nd: 2.021
3rd: 1.577
4th: 1.312
5th: 1.119
6th: 0.907
Final: 3.900 (use this freely to match the ratios for the track you're on.)
Max Speed: Dont touch!

Drivetrain
Limited Slip Didderential

Initial Torque: 10
Acceleration Sensitivity: 31 (35 for DualShock3 controller)
Braking Sensitivity: 34

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height Adjustment (mm): -3 / -3
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 6.5 / 6.8
Dampers (extension): 7 / 8
Dampers (compression): 4 / 6
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 / 3
Camber Angle (-): 2.5 / 2.0
Toe Angle: 0.20 / -0.30

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 7 / 7

Driving Options

If you think that the original Spirit KMW is too mild and too slow for you, you might like this one better. By totally updating the car we managed to create a lot faster and a lot more challenging beast. Even though it has less power than the original model, it goes faster around CRS. So less power means more speed, but don't think it's easier. 'Cause it's not.

Too hard for you? Drive the original, DS3 friendly model instead. :)

Reviews
Onboy123

Last edited:
We're now taking requests as a prize for a good review! So take some of our cars out for a spin and write us a little story about it! Cheers! :cheers:

1st post updated for better readability and looks. All the banners remade and put in order. And you can trust me that it was a lot of work. Now my monologue is over. All we need is someone brave enough to drive the cars!

Ok…I said somewhere that I'd review tunes to 'expand my horizons' when it comes to driving cars. So I guess I'll do just that.
*blindfolds myself*
eenie meenie minie mo…
*points finger at the RX7 duo and opens eyes*
So, it'll be those two :D expect the reviews…sometime soon-ish :D

Nice! I'm excited to see what you think. :)
I am as well :D and how about joining one of those #PP shootouts that are springing up all over the place? RVR is holding one for 525PP cars, should work great as an advert for the place :) we need some Finns to have some fun as well :D

I am as well :D and how about joining one of those #PP shootouts that are springing up all over the place? RVR is holding one for 525PP cars, should work great as an advert for the place :) we need some Finns to have some fun as well :D

Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out! :)

One thing, do I leave the gearbox as it is, as with the many new patches, they have become adjustable, so do they need the Evo 1 gears?

One thing, do I leave the gearbox as it is, as with the many new patches, they have become adjustable, so do they need the Evo 1 gears?

The 1st generation is designed to work best with the 'default' ratios. Mixing the two setups could make it handle badly. So I'd recommend using the ratios that are designed to fit the car, in this case they're the default ones. :)

Here it is! Took me…oh around some hours to do, relatively quick :D And forgive the title, it's part of a bigger review. Actually, any better suggestions for a title? I hate thinking of title names……

Tuner Spirit
Part 4- Karelian MotorWorks RX7 Duo

RKM has the NSX. MFT has the Spirra. JG has the MKIV Supra. And KMW has this, the RX7. All these cars are their ‘signature’ cars, it’s their flagship, their greatest offering. And, more often than not, they define the tuner. They speak of the tuner, it’s the essence, the spirit of their work. The NSX was a fun all rounder, like RKM. The Spirra was a bonkers murderer, in the same way MFT is a bit bonkers. The MKIV Supra was a simple car which just drove well, like JG. So, in order to understand KMW’s tuning priorities, all you need do, is drive this. If this is to be worthy of being known as the spirit of tuner, it should be different to everything else. It should live up to everything the tuner has written in the OP. So this, it should just shout ‘KMW!!!!!’ within a lap.

As it turns out, it took two turns. Two turns, and I already know what to expect from KMW. On the edge fun, on the edge handling, with a droplet, like »-« this much, of health and safety. Good. Because this is the most fun, the most visceral, the most exciting, the most alive RX7 I have ever, ever driven! It’s a bit bonkers, yes, but its so controllable! What a wake up call, it’s 9:00AM, I’m barely awake, but this just sends several thousand volts down my spine at every corner. It’s such a ‘drivers’ car. You can feel what it’s going to do, how it’ll act. It lets you see more of the track, it shows you areas which you would have never thought existed. One example. Turning into the ‘Followthrough’, the high speed right hand corner on the TGTT, I’ve driven through there enough times to know that it’s a flat turn. But, in this, I can see it running over bumps which didn’t exist until now. That’s how sensitive it is. It’s one of those cars which I can say ‘yes, I’d like to drive this on the ‘Ring’. Only 3 cars have had that ‘honour’ before. That’s how good it is. And I think I can safely say that this among the top 5 RX7’s I’ve ever driven. The only thing I would say that needs improving on this, is the brakes need more work, it’s a bit weak for slowing a blot of lightning like this. But on the whole, this has to be, as I say again, one of the top 5 RX7 tunes I’ve driven.

So yes, this car does seem to deserve the title of being KMW’s spirit. But that’s not to say it can’t be bettered. In fact, it has been bettered. By the KMW RX7 Evo 1.

It’s basically an updated, angrier and more dangerous version of the already lairy KMW RX7. The difference is, that (Italics) was a car for serious drivers who wanted a laugh. This is for serious drivers who want a serious drive. You have to be serious, no joking about. If you do, you die. Simple as that. It’s even faster than the original ‘Spirit’, and even more bonkers and scary! I can see why it’s been detuned, it’s fast and mental enough as it is with 500hp, god knows how it’ll drive with the 540 the first ‘Spirit‘ had! The only issue is that because it’s so lairy offline, only god knows what it’ll be like with the much looser online physics. Still, who cares about online? What matters is how does this drive offline, and how does it compare to the KMW RX7 non-Evo :D.

Well, as said, it’s much more flamboyant with more oversteer, it’s harder to be consistent, you’ll either spin or get red flagged for saving it from the spin, but it is much more rewarding a car to drive, and marginally faster. The gears, though a pain to set up for some reason, are nicely setup, gives it a lot of acceleration without sacrificing too much top speed. Though it could be slightly better if 6th wasn’t positioned so weirdly low, I guess it’s like that to give a higher top speed. But less power is faster in this case, no doubt. It’s around 0.4 of a second faster, for that matter.

Now for the tricky question. Which one would I have? The more powerful, older version or the less powerful, edgier new one? Well……it’s a close call, but I think, on balance, I’d take the one for the normal drivers. I don’t think 0.5 of a second is a good enough excuse to trash the tyres with the newer tune. It’s either that, or I’m not good enough to enjoy this version yet. Not by a long way. (Hint: it’s the latter, I suck)

Lap Times- Top Gear Test Track
1:12.558
1:12.106

Last edited:
Wow, that's one impressive review right there! Thanks a lot! 👍

I see you found the idea of the Evo. It's meant to be "edgier". Thanks for finding the right word for me! It's not meant to be the easiest car to drive fast laps one after another. It's for that one magic lap you've always wished to nail. ;) I see you managed to nail it even on such difficult track. I've never managed one lap on TGTT without crashing with fire. :lol:

But hey, feel free to request a setup now, you've definatly deserved it.

Wow, that's one impressive review right there! Thanks a lot! 👍

I see you found the idea of the Evo. It's meant to be "edgier". Thanks for finding the right word for me! It's not meant to be the easiest car to drive fast laps one after another. It's for that one magic lap you've always wished to nail. ;) I see you managed to nail it even on such difficult track. I've never managed one lap on TGTT without crashing with fire. :lol:

But hey, feel free to request a setup now, you've definatly deserved it.

Lol that's what I do for fun, write about stuff…in fact, around…ohh…1/2 of my posts are reviews, so that was actually only a 'ok' review. Anyways! The car……well, I would have asked you to revive the RX7's partner, the Alfa 155 DTM superbonkersracecar thing, but I don't have one and it's over the trade limit :ouch:

Hmm……I'll have a think…cuz I want the tune to have some meaning to the garage, but maybe you could help! I'm not too fussy about my cars. As long as it is a car :D (I'm weird like that,I like making things needlessly sentimental and long, you'll get used to it)

Lol that's what I do for fun, write about stuff…in fact, around…ohh…1/2 of my posts are reviews, so that was actually only a 'ok' review. Anyways! The car……well, I would have asked you to revive the RX7's partner, the Alfa 155 DTM superbonkersracecar thing, but I don't have one and it's over the trade limit :ouch:

Hmm……I'll have a think…cuz I want the tune to have some meaning to the garage, but maybe you could help! I'm not too fussy about my cars. As long as it is a car :D (I'm weird like that,I like making things needlessly sentimental and long, you'll get used to it)

Well, I don't have it either so it's going to get quite difficult to make that possible. But wait 'till nomis gets the car in his hands and the setup might appear here quite quickly. He seems to like that car quite a lot. :dopey:

But I'm gonna be mean on you and send you my least car-ish vehicle that I have been working on. And I'm talking about a little racer that turns into a part-time bicycle everytime if you push it too hard. ;)

But I'm gonna be mean on you and send you my least car-ish vehicle that I have been working on. And I'm talking about a little racer that turns into a part-time bicycle everytime if you push it too hard. ;)

NOO!!!! Well actually, I don't mind…but what is it?

Elise RM 96' ? Is it okay for you? It's your call really, but that was the first thing that came into my mind. It's quite fast and fun. :)

Elise RM 96' ? Is it okay for you? It's your call really, but that was the first thing that came into my mind. It's quite fast and fun. :)

Ah yes…the Elise. One of KMW's many obsessions if I'm not mistaken. Well, I don't mind, as long as it makes the tuner happy, I'm fine with it.*

*of course, there are exceptions (coughcoughrkmandthiersillypriuscoughcough)

Alfa 155 DTM superbonkersracecar thing
Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI? Did someone say "Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI"?? As soon as one appears in my local used car yard, I'll be all over it like the Alfa-155-DTM-superbonkersracecar-thing-addict that I am! :cheers:

Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI? Did someone say "Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI"?? As soon as one appears in my local used car yard, I'll be all over it like the Alfa-155-DTM-superbonkersracecar-thing-addict that I am! :cheers:
Send me an FR I believe I may have one or two I could spare:D

^ thanks. I think it's over the trade limit. But one can never have too many friends! Let me know if you'd like my to put any of the KMW back catalogue on sharing for you to sample.

^ thanks. I think it's over the trade limit. But one can never have too many friends! Let me know if you'd like my to put any of the KMW back catalogue on sharing for you to sample.
It's the DTM car your interested in correct?

Back