Online word filter is driving me bonkers!

• Thread starter Tommy_861
  • 86 comments
United States
NY
Tommy_861
Seriously, I used the stupid controller to type out a whole message with no "naughty" words that I know of and I get ****************

I figured out you can't:

use other players names
use the word punched, but punch is ok
thong (don't ask)
And certain words are ok on their own but combinations of certain words it blocks.

Seriously do they have to filter the experience that bad? Just block the "7 deadly words" and let us talk.

It really should have been assessed before it got to this point.

Or, as GT5 would say:

Last edited:
Yes, even the word "engine" is forbidden in the filters dictionary. Long series of numbers without spaces are forbidden as well.

Iv'e not used chat much but I have seen people get around the filters with swearing by putting dot's between each letter. I can't swear on here but it's l.i.k.e. t.h.i.s . Try this for the non swearing words that it blocks 👍.

This isn't GT5 related, it's the PSN chat that's filtered and it has been complained about before, lots of times infact.

You know ******* because ********* but then if ***** ********. Of course that ***** to say *********.

:lol: Trust me, I know the feeling. Especially when you're in a hurry to type something before the race starts. It's ridiculous.

Perhaps it's just chat. I know I can put obscene things into PSN messages and send them to my friends.

I regularly tell my PSN friends they are the biggest monkey feltchers I know. And the real money is, when you put it in the subject it pops up on their screen regardless of what they are doing :)

I know it's not filtered because of some of the messages I receive. They would make your grandmother blush.

Perhaps it's just chat. I know I can put obscene things into PSN messages and send them to my friends.

I regularly tell my PSN friends they are the biggest monkey feltchers I know. And the real money is, when you put it in the subject it pops up on their screen regardless of what they are doing :)

I know it's not filtered because of some of the messages I receive. They would make your grandmother blush.

Yes the chat is filtered, messages are not. Also if I got a message like that it wouldn't show up on my screen as I have turned notifications off.:sly:

Yes the chat is filtered, messages are not. Also if I got a message like that it wouldn't show up on my screen as I have turned notifications off.:sly:

HAH! I'll be sure not to inform my PSN brethren.

I'll leave it on just for the hilarity :)

LOL I turned off notifications too because I found when they were up there and I'd get a message while racing I'd immediately crash into the nearest wall lol.

Iv'e not used chat much but I have seen people get around the filters with swearing by putting dot's between each letter. I can't swear on here but it's l.i.k.e. t.h.i.s . Try this for the non swearing words that it blocks 👍.

Problem is, in a long message sometimes you don't know which word was the one that was blocked!

LOL I turned off notifications too because I found when they were up there and I'd get a message while racing I'd immediately crash into the nearest wall lol.

I turned them off because I got sick of all the ***** is now online/offline messages. If I could keep them on for messages but off for this I would, but you can't do it, so they are staying off.

how about buying a headset

Come on man, this is gtplanet, logic is not allowed!

In all honestly up till now I never had a desire to talk to anyone in online games and would just as soon mute it (especially in some of these games you wonder wtf is wrong with people). But I've actually met a lot of decent people here. So I am considering it at this point because typing with the controller is just too tedious, especially if every other message is going to get *********ed out!

The first time I raced online was in SS_1182's lobby.

He asked if I'm on GTPlanet because he saw a post from mcfizzle. I said "yeah, was it the post about ***?" I was confused as it was my first time. Again, " the post about ***?" Now I look bad, like I'm talking about booty:guilty:. It turns out LSD is filtered so I had to type out limited slip differential.👎

The funny thing is the LBP2 word censor can be throw off any word simply by adding one extra letter. I was told the GT5 word censor is simply following Sony's rules, but after being able to type some very inappropriate things to my friends in LBP I doubt that's the case.

Well, I think ***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************'.

Crazy censor, it drives me mad too. By the way, it does let you type "bollocks", "crap" & a few other words without censoring it though, go figure!

:lol:

I got kicked from a lobby some other day after my innocent message was censored....

Back