Round 2 Thoughts On Track/Car Combo

• Thread starter GT Motion
  • 53 comments
I love the car selections. I've been running the R34 with and without TC and I'm faster with it on at the moment but I mostly have it on just to nurse my learning the turn's middle sections. The Skyline steps out if you have too much throttle on when setting up exit.

It seems to understeers a lot under braking so it's really important to be precise in your entry in terms of angle attack. I also hate going into first gear for that last little tech. section toward the end.
Godzilla needs a hell of a lot of room to brake at speed at Indy.
I'm hoping to hop into the 1:50s at least by the end of it. Time to break out the dry-erase boards and set some clear objectives.

I love running the Xanavi GTR. That was my first and favorite SuperGT car so it was nice to see it as the 2nd pick. R34's always been my dream machine so I'm thrilled.

Toscana's a whole different experience. Feels like a rally special stage. Those blind corners feel so nice to hit right. I'm hoping to get into the 1:45s for that tonight. Currently hit a 1:46.876 as my fastest but I'm faster than my ghost through the last half so there's much to be had.

That last turn on Toscana is brutal at first. Really weird cut, especially with that invisible wall hugging the left side of the road. Ruined many a lap.

R34's always been my dream machine so I'm thrilled.

A friend of mine here in San Diego had the only R34 Nur Spec in the U.S. (At the time), back around 2003-04. I got a ride in the car and it was incredible, for a stock car it handles so well, he showed me how the computers worked and how he can toss the car back and forth and the computer catches the car in a slide and puts power where it needs to be to regain control. Acceleration was awesome as well.

My professor let us out of class ...really early, got home, practiced.

I can sense the frustration as the week comes to an end.

The Indy track is ...a b*tch, and the Toscana track is quite simple but will need practice to be perfect.

The top guys seem to be sliding more than me at Toscana. Smooth is fast? Guess not. I can only manage a 1:47xx after an hour. It seems to be all about exit speed onto the long straights, a little short shifting for traction, and using the force to see around corners.
P.S. Turn 2, I hate you.

Seems Toscana event is having problems with freezing up. Is anyone here having issues with the Indy track 'cuz mine keeps freezing up at the exact same spot on the track for the Indy event?

Indy is quite hard with the tires and trying to feel what line the car wants the most... Plus the car is FWD, who races that?!

My main issue is neither track has good markers for break and turning points... I find it frustrating bah!

Indy is quite hard with the tires and trying to feel what line the car wants the most... Plus the car is FWD, who races that?!

My main issue is neither track has good markers for break and turning points... I find it frustrating bah!

Um...no its not...

Well there's yer problem. :)

Skylines are either AWD or RWD from the factory.

The top guys seem to be sliding more than me at Toscana. Smooth is fast? Guess not. I can only manage a 1:47xx after an hour. It seems to be all about exit speed onto the long straights, a little short shifting for traction, and using the force to see around corners.
P.S. Turn 2, I hate you.

Turn 2 reminds me of Rome's kink...hit or miss, although once you find the line it is much easier to replicate.

Didn't expect to see Indy Road Course again. In my usual fashion, I was crashing all over the place before settling down and remembering how I attacked this track in the Prologue time trial and in an hour, got a 1:51.3xx. Looks like some are already in the mid 1:50s, though.

Toscana is already driving me nuts. Blind corners are not my strong suit and I'm likely not hitting T2 correctly. I thought the last corner would drive me nuts but I found a good line to use for now.

Unfortunately, my knees were not happy with me after a 2 hour session and had to stop. I'm not sure if I can do this every day or I need to study replays tomorrow.

Who's Gar529? I've heard of him before but don't remember where he is from

He was the winner of the GT5P Tanner Faust Competition. It was in a 350z on comfort softs at London. His prize was a trip to the D1 finals I think. He's super fast and will be a major contender.

He was the winner of the GT5P Tanner Faust Competition. It was in a 350z on comfort softs at London. His prize was a trip to the D1 finals I think. He's super fast and will be a major contender.

I came across him in an open lobby. He won the race and announced "you just got beat by a 12 year old." I don't know if that's true...if it is, he will be ineligible. If it's not, that's kind of strange since only a 12 year old would be actually say something like that.

I haven't even touched the competition since yesterday, I just went on in the morning to do a few laps and see what it was like then went to get some food. Thought I would be on today but after reading this I am chilling out. I will probably start working on it around Thursday or so, I work better during crunch time. I already know the tracks pretty well, just need to pull an all nighter. If this cutting thing isnt resolved you will see me mowing the field during the superbowl halftime show.

I think the new track should be renamed the speed skating rink. heavy car, crap downforce, high speeds and ice skates. Liked Indy more... seemed to be a nice mix of cornering and high speed without being annoying with the lack of grip. This one is going to be a bit harder to memorize... it looks very generic the whole way through.

I think the new track should be renamed the speed skating rink. heavy car, crap downforce, high speeds and ice skates. Liked Indy more... seemed to be a nice mix of cornering and high speed without being annoying with the lack of grip. This one is going to be a bit harder to memorize... it looks very generic the whole way through.

I haven't had a chance to run it yet, but I can picture what you are saying. I've tried the course creator using the Eifel template before...

I think what round 2 will really expose is how lame the course creator is. Hopefully this gets the ax or an upgrade for GT6.

I've never used the course creator, but driving these tracks in round 2 have made me realize what a great addition it is. Racing with a group of people on a track no one has ever seen before is a true test of driving ability.

If anything needs to be removed in GT6 its that godawful B-Spec mode.

I've never used the course creator, but driving these tracks in round 2 have made me realize what a great addition it is. Racing with a group of people on a track no one has ever seen before is a true test of driving ability.

If anything needs to be removed in GT6 its that godawful B-Spec mode.

Funny thing after I finished hotlapping last night I actually opened track creator for the first time. Only problem with it is a lack of visual cues. No braking markers, strategically placed trees (well actually there are a few on toscana, but maybe that was lucky), no awesome white lines going across the track, and a total lack of accurate tire marks.

Should be a challenge :D My problem was I'm always tempted to joyride rather than hotlap, at least on toscana I was :D

Back