7th GTP F1 World Championship (F1 2010 edition) * SEASON FINISHED :'''( *

Well yeah, I seem to do okay in quali but I manage to **** it up during the race 👎

Chin up mate. With the little experience I've got, it seems to be about consistency and patience. Things that tend to come with experience. You've definitely got a desire to get better, allow those things to happen 👍

i think what kcheeb said is very true.All the top guys to be as fast as they are have spent alot of time in practice,and eventually gaining great experience,and knowledge of car setup.It aint just gonna happen quickly.But the part where you say you ****k it up in the race might be down to race nerves,which we all get but key is to be able to control them.
Anyway if im on ill always be up for some practice in the week.

But the part where you say you ****k it up in the race might be down to race nerves,which we all get but key is to be able to control them.

Bang on pipeslice, for me anyway. In qualifying and the race I was full of adrenalin. Relaxed a little bit as the race wore on, but nowhere near controlled.

Bang on pipeslice, for me anyway. In qualifying and the race I was full of adrenalin. Relaxed a little bit as the race wore on, but nowhere near controlled.

Same here kcheeb, In qualifying I spun out on ever lap from the nerves and as time was counting down I got more and more worked up, luckly I managed one at the end but wasnt near my best. Only towards the end of the race I started to cool down and get into the groove but with experience it'll get easier 👍

Ehh thanks guys, don't expect me to be anywhere as on the pace as I was in Malaysia as China is a circuit I really dislike 👎

I have to say it's great to see you guys offering words of encouragement to each other and it's also nice to see that you're all being affected by 'race nerves' - shows that you care 👍

I too get affected by race nerves and can easily get distracted, this results in going probably half a second slower than I would otherwise when i'm 'in the groove'. Shanghai is one of my favourite circuits in the game and is one of the most technical.

I'll be free this evening hopefully around 20:30 UK time for practice and Tom is going to join me then. If anyone else is free please be online around then.

I''m actually free thursday and friday nights this week as well for practice 👍

I'll be free this evening hopefully around 20:30 UK time for practice and Tom is going to join me then. If anyone else is free please be online around then.

I''m actually free thursday and friday nights this week as well for practice 👍

Wish I could join you, time zones getting in the way. Have fun!

Guess I'll be practice racing your ghost again :eek:

Wish I could join you, time zones getting in the way. Have fun!

Guess I'll be practice racing your ghost again :eek:

Haha, I have to say people saying that they're trying to beat your ghost is the highest form of flattery :) It's a neat feature of F1 2010 and I hope it's in F1 2011 as well.

Anyway, for anyone who's reading;

Practice race tonight at 21:00 UK time

Hope to see you then 👍

Haha, I have to say people saying that they're trying to beat your ghost is the highest form of flattery :)

Actually it's not so much trying to beat it as trying to keep it on the screen :lol:
Helps me a lot with lines and acceleration points too.

It's a neat feature of F1 2010 and I hope it's in F1 2011 as well.

That it is, although I'd like it a lot more if they'd remove the driver tag and I do too.

Well quite a tame race as there were only 3 out of 5 participants that crossed the line

Well quite a tame race as there were only 3 out of 5 participants that crossed the line

Yeah, valuable practice though all the same. Pipeslice showed tremendous pace and pushed me hard for the win. Couldn't extend my lead by more than 10 seconds and started making mistakes pushing too hard and finished just 6 seconds in front.

Looking forward to an intense race on sunday 👍

Yeah, valuable practice though all the same. Pipeslice showed tremendous pace and pushed me hard for the win. Couldn't extend my lead by more than 10 seconds and started making mistakes pushing too hard and finished just 6 seconds in front.

Looking forward to an intense race on sunday 👍

Well at least I managed to get out of your way this time 👍

Well at least I managed to get out of your way this time 👍

Not mine though. Just remember that if you're taking the inside line, you need to brake earlier than if you were on the outside, otherwise you'll go wide.

I could only manage 15 or so laps before I had to go and play football. Pipeslice looks fast! I think it might be too much too soon for me at Shanghai even though I really enjoy driving the track.

I'll be up for some practice around 10PM UK time tomorrow night if anyone is interested.

I think I can do 10 PM tonight as well but it'd have to be 10pm bang on or slightly before if possible, otherwise i'd have to leave early.

That's fine for me, anyone else like kcheeb that can make it, so at least I don't get bored :lol:

That's fine for me, anyone else like kcheeb that can make it, so at least I don't get bored :lol:

I'd love to be able to but that's 3 P.M. MDT, I'm still at my desk working :(

And thursdays are Rockband night!

Last edited:
Damn that's a shame...maybe Ali or someone else, just can't face getting bored:lol:

Damn that's a shame...maybe Ali or someone else, just can't face getting bored:lol:

If you're available at 12:30 your time, we could do a spin around the track then.
I'd have an hour or so for driving. Let me know.

I know it's late there, but I'm tired of having my butt kicked by a ghost :)

Last edited:
If you're available at 12:30 your time, we could do a spin around the track then.
I'd have an hour or so for driving. Let me know.

I know it's late there, but I'm tired of having my butt kicked by a ghost :)

To hell with it...i'd love to! 👍

Back