Moose Knuckle Tuning *latest tunes: BMW M3 Coupe and Toyota MR2 1600 G

• Thread starter sanmusa
  • 87 comments
I don't mind people posting tunes created using my Quick Tune spreadsheet, but if you could be a little more clear about the fact that you're using it I would certainly appreciate it. You do state that some are "quick tunes", but even someone who's familiar with it might assume that to mean something else. If you could also post links back to my original thread I would be extremely grateful. Thanks.

I don't mind people posting tunes created using my Quick Tune spreadsheet, but if you could be a little more clear about the fact that you're using it I would certainly appreciate it. You do state that some are "quick tunes", but even someone who's familiar with it might assume that to mean something else. If you could also post links back to my original thread I would be extremely grateful. Thanks.

Yes, although I have used your Quick Tune spreadsheet for help, I do a lot of actual tuning on the cars, look at my LFA and Civic RM Tight and Precise tunes and you see they are stand alone tunes. I'll be more clear on which ones I used your Quick Tune spreadsheet. The tunes for the RX-7 and Fairlady deviate very little from your spreadsheet tunes, but they worked as intended. The RGT was based on the spreadsheet tune, but tweaked further as your tune gave a lot of understeer.

For those that want to try it, here's oppositelock's Quick Tune spreasheet: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=168122

Last edited:
I'll give you that 3400S for the Scud you tuned for PP600

Unfortunately the Scuderia isn't mine, it was a borrowed car, I don't own it. Go through my garage and tell me what you would like as payment, we can work something. I also got a bunch of paint chips if you're into trading that (a few mattes and one color shift, no chromes), I can also pay with tuning parts (full custom transmissions, etc), which is a payment method that funnily hasn't been explored yet.

If you purchase two regidity improvements i'll send the 3400S, and also if you'd like the next day I can send you my PP600 Scud if you could tweak that for me. I prefer your tight and precise settings over the loose and quick. but I understand there is a happy median between the two. needless to say, i butchered my Scud, and turn faster times on the stock suspension. I need somebody with some experiance.

If you purchase two regidity improvements i'll send the 3400S, and also if you'd like the next day I can send you my PP600 Scud if you could tweak that for me. I prefer your tight and precise settings over the loose and quick. but I understand there is a happy median between the two. needless to say, i butchered my Scud, and turn faster times on the stock suspension. I need somebody with some experiance.

Sounds like a deal! I'll add to psn, and then I can send you two rigidity improvements for the 3400S. You don't need to send me the Scuderia, just set it as a shared car and I'll tune from there. I hope I tune it to your liking!

Dude you can do that? like your settings will remain on that car? if so I'm gonna set you up a little warehouse

I think you can, but either way, I can PM you the settings, just make sure it has all the parts you want.

BTW, I already added you, I can send the rigidity reinforcements soon.

Dude you can do that? like your settings will remain on that car? if so I'm gonna set you up a little warehouse

You can't Iv tried that when I was working with san's LFA. That was my Scud he was testing. I like where I have it but I have yet to try san's setup for it. Im running into a problem with the PP limit since the more I run the car the more it breaks in and it exceeds the limit.

You can't Iv tried that when I was working with san's LFA. That was my Scud he was testing. I like where I have it but I have yet to try san's setup for it. Im running into a problem with the PP limit since the more I run the car the more it breaks in and it exceeds the limit.

I forgot to send you the setup I made for your Scuderia, I just PMed it to you. I returned the car to your setup when I was done with it. Maybe if I save it this way it will show up... either way I can PM him the setup too.

Yeah that's a problem I realized with my NSX, I just made my Scud like 595PP when it was fresh and tried to make it as fast as a 600. that was my lil mindset i guess, it didn't work for me regardless but it only will get faster as time goes on. So if you nail a good setup the car will grow into it. so to acheive that, I'm sending it to Moose Knuckles' Shop to get tweaked on in two days.

And as for the 3400S, I'll send that car tomorrow at 7 since I keep forgetting that it's one per PS3 and not per accnt. it really makes things difficult.

Yeah that's a problem I realized with my NSX, I just made my Scud like 595PP when it was fresh and tried to make it as fast as a 600. that was my lil mindset i guess, it didn't work for me regardless but it only will get faster as time goes on. So if you nail a good setup the car will grow into it. so to acheive that, I'm sending it to Moose Knuckles' Shop to get tweaked on in two days.

And as for the 3400S, I'll send that car tomorrow at 7 since I keep forgetting that it's one per PS3 and not per accnt. it really makes things difficult.

When I started out with it it was at 587PP and now it at 605PP with added ballast to keep it under, but It keeps going up.... I knew it would increase but I wasn't ready for that much....

No problem, I just sent the two chassis reinforcements. I was busy with a Lamborghini Miura anyway.

I'll give you that 3400S for the Scud you tuned for PP600

Here's my setup for the 430 Scud at PP600. It's a precise line cutting setup. If you try to push it a little bit it will hold but not for long. This setup is based off of buying it new.

Oil change

Aero Parts
-Front- Type A
-Rear- Type A

Parts Needed

Weight reduction Stage 3
Window Weight reduction
Chassis Reinforcement
Carbon Fiber hood body color
ECU Tuning
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports air filter
Sports intake manifold
Sports exhaust manifold
Catalytic converter sports
Titanium racing exhaust
FC Tranmission
Clutch Twin Plate
Flywheel semi racing
Adjustable LSD
Sports Tires Soft
FC Suspension

Transmission Settings
Max Speed 230
1st gear 3.420
2nd gear 2.222
3rd gear 1.588
4th gear 1.194
5th gear 0.943
6th gear 0.783
Final gear 4.300

Suspension Settings
Ride height F -1/R 2
Spring rate F 7.4/R 9.0
Dampers (extension) F 7/R 7
Dampers (compression) F 5/R 5
Anti-Roll bars F 3/R 3
Camber angle F 2.4/R 1.9
Toe Angle F 0.07/R 0.27

Ballast Adjustment
Amount 35
Placement 0
If you have as many miles on your Scud as mine then you will see why I have so much ballast. If you keep going over the PP600 line you can keep adding ballast to get it under without affecting the car to much.

Brake Balance
F 3/R 2

Aero Settings
F 15 /R 38

This car was purpose built for a PP600 limit. When I was tuning this car on Deep Forest initially the back end loved to come around on the bumps and uneven ground on that track. Therefore I named this car Wild Stallion. If you give it full throttle at the right time the back end will still come around but you car gather back up much easier than before. It made to be be driven precisely and hard but controlled at the same time. This is my first tune since many failed attempts in older versions of GT. Hope this works for you

Hi Moose I will try your tunes this weekend and will try to give you feedback.

Please do, I would love to get feedback on my tunes. I've been working with snowylilmonster on the LFA and I'll be updating the LFA with a new tune soon.

Moose knuckle can ne the big sister to the camel toe, most times, however, it is the joints between a moose's toes.

It's an inside joke between my friends and I, we were looking for a brand name for an Alaskan made beer..

RUF BTR ‘86
Alois

Deep%20Forest%20Raceway_11.jpg

Parts Installed
Oil change
Chassis reinforcement
ECU tuning
Titanium racing exhaust
Fully customizable LSD
Fully customizable transmission
Fully customizable suspension
Sport soft tires on rear
Sport medium tires on front

Ballast Settings
Weight: 30
Position: -25

Suspension Settings
Ride height: -5/-5
Spring rate: 7.5/9.5
Damper extension: 5/7
Damper Compression: 6/6
Anti-roll bars: 4/4
Camber: 1.8/2.2
Toe: 0.00/0.16

Transmission settings
Top speed: 186 mph

LSD Settings
Initial: --/25
Acceleration: --/36
Braking: --/36

Brake Settings
Front: 9
Rear: 3

Tires
Front: sports medium
Rear: sports soft

Specifications
Max power: 419 hp @ 6300 rpm
Max torque: 382 ftlb @ 5300 rpm
Weight: 1210 kg
Weight/power: 2.89 kg/hp
Performance points:508

Deep%20Forest%20Raceway_8%20%282%29.jpg

Not as gnarly as the CTR, the BTR can be almost as tough to both tune and drive fast. Packing a turbo that is lacking on the RGT, the BTR can surprise you when the accelerator is used mid corner. Taming this beast wasn’t easy but this tune proves that it can be done. A fine balance of suspension and LSD tuning, plus tire selection. It is imperative that sport soft tires be used in the front and sport medium in the front. I wasn’t able to achieve the same balance with race tires, so use sport tires.

The first time you enter a corner a bit too fast and the rear end starts o step out ever so slightly and you are able to control with opposite steer you will see why this car is so much fun to drive.

Enjoy the BTR!

Deep%20Forest%20Raceway_15.jpg

Last edited:
Miura P400 Bertone Prototype CN.0706 '67
Porco Rosso

Tokyo%20R246_2.jpg

Parts Installed
Oil change
Window weight reduction
Chassis reinforcement
Ballast adjustment
Power limiter
Titanium racing exhaust
Fully customizable LSD
Sport tires

Ballast Settings
Weight: 200
Position: 0

Power Limiter
Setting: 63.5%

Suspension Settings
Ride height: -2/-2
Spring rate: 9.1/9.4
Damper extension: 6/8
Damper Compression: 7/7
Anti-roll bars: 5/3
Camber: 2.0/2.0
Toe: 0.00/0.24

Transmission settings
Top speed: 186 mph

LSD Settings
Initial: --/30
Acceleration: --/60
Braking: --/45

Brake Settings
Front:8
Rear: 2

Tires
Front: sports medium
Rear: sports soft

Specifications
Max power: 250 hp @ 5100 rpm
Max torque: 274 ftlb @ 4700 rpm
Weight: 1170 kg
Weight/power: 4.68 kg/hp
Performance points: 458

Tokyo%20R246_1.jpg

Power Limiter and Ballast on a Miura? I made this tune for the current seasonal events, World Classic Car Series. At first I started the race at full tune, over 450 hp on tap but it was no fun as I passed all the cars in less than half of the first lap. So I quit and decided to seriously detune this car, to at least make it fun to kick butt with a Lamborghini. Adding 200 kg and removing over 100 hp was all I needed. It still took me one lap to pass the whole field, but it was a very fun race, almost cruising the Miura all the way to the podium. So, try out this detuned Miura on the World Classic Car Series, and have some cruising fun.

I will update this tune later for those that want full power.

Tokyo%20R246.jpg

Last edited:
Nissan Bluebird 1600 Deluxe (51) ‘69
Irie

Autodromo%20Nazionale%20Monza_4.jpg

Parts Installed
Oil change
Chassis reinforcement
ECU tuning
Sports intake manifold
Racing air filter
Sports exhaust manifold
Sports catalytic converter
Titanium racing exhaust
Mid range turbo kit
Fully customizable LSD
Sport soft tires

Suspension Settings
Ride height: 6/6
Spring rate: 6.7/6.1
Damper extension: 6/6
Damper Compression: 6/6
Anti-roll bars: 3/3
Camber: 2.2/1.8
Toe: 0.00/0.06

Transmission settings
Top speed: 143 mph

LSD Settings
Initial: --/12
Acceleration: --/36
Braking: --/22

Brake Settings
Front: 6
Rear: 4

Tires
Front and rear: sports soft

Specifications
Max power: 155 hp @ 6200 rpm
Max torque: 164 ftlb @ 4300 rpm
Weight: 855 kg
Weight/power: 5.51 kg/hp
Performance points: 400
Color: Jamaican Beige Metalic

Autodromo%20Nazionale%20Monza_5.jpg

After bringing a gun to a knife fight with the Miura for the last World Classic Car Series race I decided to bring something more competitive. A Nissan Bluebird with 155 hp and tuned suspension did very well here. I only managed to pass the lead car after the second chicane on the third lap on Monza. The 510 despite being low on power has managed to out-brake and out-handle all other cars in the field. A nice fun package for this Japanese classic.

Autodromo%20Nazionale%20Monza.jpg

Last edited:
It's just that well - 'moose knuckle' here in the States anyway refers to something else. Another phrase is camel toe.... I'll leave it at that.

Moose knuckle can be the big sister to the camel toe, most times, however, it is the joints between a moose's toes.

It's an inside joke between my friends and I, we were looking for a brand name for an Alaskan made beer..

I know, I know... besides I am in the States too...

Alaska is not a foreign country despite our detachment from the lower 48 and our remoteness.

Nice tunes BTW - I dig the LFA!

Thank you, I'm glad you like it. Try my BTR too.

RUF CTR2 ‘96
Silver Fox

Autodromo%20Nazionale%20Monza_12.jpg

Parts Installed
Oil change
Overhaul engine
Restore body rigidity
Stage 3 weight reduction
Chassis reinforcement
Ballast adjustment
Titanium racing exhaust
High rpm or Mid rpm turbo kit
Torque sensing center differential
Fully customizable LSD
Racing medium tires

Ballast Settings
Weight: 30
Position: -25

Torque Split
Front/rear: 20/80

Suspension Settings
Ride height: -15/-15
Spring rate: 11.5/15.4
Damper extension: 6/10
Damper Compression: 8/8
Anti-roll bars: 6/4
Camber: 2.1/2.2
Toe: 0.00/0.14

Transmission settings
Top speed: 217 mph

LSD Settings
Initial: 13/32
Acceleration: 22/48
Braking: 12/49

Brake Settings
Front: 8
Rear: 2

Tires
Front and rear: racing medium

Specifications with High rpm Turbo Kit
Max power: 651 hp @ 6000 rpm
Max torque: 614 ftlb @ 5000 rpm
Weight: 1244 kg
Weight/power: 1.91 kg/hp
Performance points: 582

Specifications with Mid rpm Turbo Kit
Max power: 634 hp @ 5500 rpm
Max torque: 669 ftlb @ 4500 rpm
Weight: 1244 kg
Weight/power: 1.96 kg/hp
Performance points: 581

Special%20Stage%20Route%207_14.jpg

Moose Knuckle Tuning is at it again after having to rebuild our garage from the ashes of a late winter house fire caused by too much birch wood in the stove… ooops!

The CTR2 is the not-so-wild son of the infamous, crazy, oversteer happy CTR Yellowbird. But give the CTR2 more and more power and watch it turn into a beast like its flaxen father. Taming this 650 hp beast was as fun as taming any other RUF, and I think we have reached a happy compromise. This CTR2 will go where you point it, but still maintains the 911’s characteristic corner entry understeer, precise steering that goes where you point the tires, and a tail happy attitude.

This setup will work well with either the High or Mid rpm Turbo Kits. The High rpm Turbo Kit gives you 651 hp at 6000 rpm. This kit is excellent for those races where top speed is the deciding factor, and you rarely shift down to a lower gear. Think of Daytona, Indianapolis or even High Speed Ring.

The Mid rpm Turbo Kit, however, is my recommended choice for this car. Even though the CTR2 power drops to 634 hp, you gain a lot of torque, upping it to 669 ftlb at 4500 rpm, versus the 614 ftlb @ 5000 pm with the high rpm kit. Fifty-eight extra foot-pound of torque available at lower rpms means that this is the kit to use if you need accelerating power. Despite the drop in horsepower, this kit gains so much torque that the Performance Points for the mid rpm kit is only one point below the high rpm kit: 581 points.

Take the CTR2 Silver Fox for a spin and enjoy this mad RUF!

Special%20Stage%20Route%207_9.jpg

Last edited:
Haha ! :sly: You've detuned it for career mode, nice idea, All the garage should have a couple of cars for career events, I mean just for fun, because we almost completed them all, offline there isn't too much to do now. Something that don't kill AI will be cool. :) Thanks for all these Ruf, I'll try the CTR2.

Back