LutonHatter
Congratulations
Codeman
Hoodfield
and
Sprplay
For completing their Museum card collection
:cheers:

Currently, accepting new members, looking for two more.
So if you are interested PM me or reply to the thread

Do you want to have a complete collection of Museum cards?

Do you want to complete it with the minimum of list making, exchanging strings of numbers to people via PM who end up sending you cards you already have?

So do I. As such I decided to setup a group of people to exchange Museum cards focusing on completing people collections one manufacturer set at a time.

This is how it works:

We all work off a shared myGranTurimo.net (myGT) account, each member is allocated a car maker and they mark which cards then have for that brand, just what they have not how many of each. Then everyone else in the group, using the shared myGT account to see what cards are needed, sends their daily allowance of five cards to who ever is allocated the manufacturer of the card. They mark on the shared account which cards they have sent, hence keeping track of what cards the recipient still needs.

Once a car brand is complete the member is given a different brand and it continues until they have a complete collection.

If you want to join I need the following details:
  • Your PSN username
  • The cards counts for each brand (I.E. The number down the right hand side on the Museum Index screen in GT5), see my avatar if your not sure what screen I mean.

Note you will have to own at least 300 Musuem cards to take part, but don't worry just send the list of numbers I'll do the sums for you.

I tend to waffle and over explain things so I have deliberately tried to keep this short so any questions feel free to ask in this thread and/or PM me.

Shared myGT Museum Card List

Last edited:
I'm not understanding how every member of the group will get a complete collection. From what I read It sounds like the master account will get the complete collection but then how does it get distributed from there?

I'm not understanding how every member of the group will get a complete collection. From what I read It sounds like the master account will get the complete collection but then how does it get distributed from there?

There isn't a master account as such, I'm administering the group assigning people to car makes, you send your five cards to whoever has been assigned to the different makes.

The more people in the group the more likely someone will have the one last card your waiting for etc.

I get it so this will be a group with a set number of people? 1 for each make.

I get it so this will be a group with a set number of people? 1 for each make.

The way I see it, I should work smoothly with up to 8-10 people. If you have 14 you would have members with a complete set having to wait on someone else to complete a set so a manufacturer would be freed, with no guarantee that you haven't already completed the freed up brand.

Of course once the system is in place and documented there is nothing stopping there multiple shared myGT pages but I think that would be too confusing to begin with.

So since everyone will be using 1 myGT account (and constantly updating it with the cards they send as well as their own daily log in bonus cards), once we have all the cards of a particular brand won't the master have to be reset so everyone can move onto another brand?

If I'm correct in this, this may get very confusing....

Why not have everyone just fill out their own myGT museum card page, then have 1 thread with everyones name and link to their myGT

Then you assign 2 people to trade any cards they don't have with each other. Once one person can no longer help the other, they post on the thread and they get re-assigned with someone else?

Just a thought...

So since everyone will be using 1 myGT account (and constantly updating it with the cards they send as well as their own daily log in bonus cards), once we have all the cards of a particular brand won't the master have to be reset so everyone can move onto another brand?

Why not have everyone just fill out their own myGT museum card page, then have 1 thread with everyones name and link to their myGT

Then you assign 2 people to trade any cards they don't have with each other. Once one person can no longer help the other, they post on the thread and they get re-assigned with someone else?

Just a thought...

I know what you're saying. Since this group will only consist of few people if everyone set up there cards on mygranturismo.net it would be easy to manage anyways. Anyways, I will follow the OP's lead all we really need is a few people dedicated to doing this, thats all it will take.

I know what you're saying. Since this group will only consist of few people if everyone set up there cards on mygranturismo.net it would be easy to manage anyways. Anyways, I will follow the OP's lead all we really need is a few people dedicated to doing this, thats all it will take.

Yeah, that's true. I'm not saying it won't work - I'm just typing out something that came to mind. Don't really care one way or the other how we do it.

Just a thought...

About clearing the page, when someone has completed a set and will be moved onto a new one the section on myGT for that brand will be full. So no harm can be done by leaving it full until someone else is assigned that brand. The one brand could me cleared but their really isn't much point.The list would never be fully cleared (Unless so numpty in the group did it :scared: )

The whole point of using a shared myGT is that the sender updates what cards the receiver gets which means
The list is always upto date, you don't have to wait for the receiver to logon and collect their gifts, so less cards slots will be wasted with people sending duplicates.
You can see all the manufacturers on one page so you could just quickly scan through the cards needed and check only them to see if you have swaps.

The idea is say there are 8 people taking part each person can send swaps from any of the seven other brands that have been assigned, I don't want to setup and document many one to one relationships just one many to many. That way there should always be someone you can send swaps to as long as you have swaps. The only time I can foresee people not having any swaps to send is when everyone has almost got every card and which point we need to go grab some new members to the group. I guess if there were 14 people all waiting on one card to complete a set we could get stuck but at that point I would have to either shuffle them onto different brands or if all 14 were nearly complete maintain a list of card specific cards that when seen should be sent to member x and remove them from the myGT page to free up the slot, but I'm not worried that it is a probable situation.

I'll maintain a list of which member is assigned which brand but that is only needed to know who to send cards to not which brands have been assigned. As the in shared myGT page the completely full or empty have not been assigned and the partially full have.

I hope I've explained that well enough, I don't think I really have. And I do tend to write too much so thank you for reading all of it!

About clearing the page, when someone has completed a set and will be moved onto a new one the section on myGT for that brand will be full. So no harm can be done by leaving it full until someone else is assigned that brand. The one brand could me cleared but their really isn't much point.The list would never be fully cleared (Unless so numpty in the group did it :scared: )

The whole point of using a shared myGT is that the sender updates what cards the receiver gets which means
The list is always upto date, you don't have to wait for the receiver to logon and collect their gifts, so less cards slots will be wasted with people sending duplicates.
You can see all the manufacturers on one page so you could just quickly scan through the cards needed and check only them to see if you have swaps.

The idea is say there are 8 people taking part each person can send swaps from any of the seven other brands that have been assigned, I don't want to setup and document many one to one relationships just one many to many. That way there should always be someone you can send swaps to as long as you have swaps. The only time I can foresee people not having any swaps to send is when everyone has almost got every card and which point we need to go grab some new members to the group. I guess if there were 14 people all waiting on one card to complete a set we could get stuck but at that point I would have to either shuffle them onto different brands or if all 14 were nearly complete maintain a list of card specific cards that when seen should be sent to member x and remove them from the myGT page to free up the slot, but I'm not worried that it is a probable situation.

I'll maintain a list of which member is assigned which brand but that is only needed to know who to send cards to not which brands have been assigned. As the in shared myGT page the completely full or empty have not been assigned and the partially full have.

I hope I've explained that well enough, I don't think I really have. And I do tend to write too much so thank you for reading all of it!

Sounds like your on top of it! I'll follow your lead! 👍

ok i'm in. Do we create a new user account for this or use our existing (main) account?

You don't need a myGT account at all. There will be just one myGT account used by all of us. You mark what cards you have in one brand of car when your assigned one and mark what cards you send out in the other brands as you send them.

If you have an account already, if you maintain your card list on your account at the same time, I guess depends on if you intend to trade on the side as it were.

(Another point, I don't want people to feel they are commiting to some huge thing, if you have other things to do one day with your Museum cards say someone offered your a ton of chrome paint or that one car you've been hunting for for cards trade with them make the trade, the group give you a worthwhile and easy place to send your ultimately worthless spare museum cards)

(Another point, I don't want people to feel they are commiting to some huge thing, if you have other things to do one day with your Museum cards say someone offered your a ton of chrome paint or that one car you've been hunting for for cards trade with them make the trade, the group give you a worthwhile and easy place to send your ultimately worthless spare museum cards)

It's my understanding that you can trade all this in one day:

1 Car or Ticket
5 Paints
5 Museum Cards

Is this wrong?

ok I already have my cards up at mygranturismo.net here:

http://www.mygranturismo.net/museum.php?id=18542

I'm a bit of an Audi nut so maybe I could be assigned that make? Anyway, whatever you decide since you are the Musuem Master!

Thanks!

Nifty, it looks like I have enough names to at least get the ground work done today, so could everyone PM or post in the thread either an up to date list of how many cards they have of each brand or the URL to their up to date myGT account (It doesn't have to be perfect I'm looking for roughly how many cards you need to complete each brand so I can try and balance how often people complete a set and there are enough needed cars so people don't run out of swaps to send)

And you PSN name if it isn't listed.

EDIT oh and you might as well start friend requesting each other.

@lutonhatter

Is the one in my signature good enough. (I hope everyone does the same)

Nifty, it looks like I have enough names to at least get the ground work done today, so could everyone PM or post in the thread either an up to date list of how many cards they have of each brand or the URL to their up to date myGT account (It doesn't have to be perfect I'm looking for roughly how many cards you need to complete each brand so I can try and balance how often people complete a set and there are enough needed cars so people don't run out of swaps to send)

And you PSN name if it isn't listed.

EDIT oh and you might as well start friend requesting each other.

I'll get it to you later tonight. Have to do the family thing, then I have a bball game tonight, so after that.

PSN: Si13ntSubmission.

Also, if we get this thing rolling right away here, I'm unable to get to my ps3 on the 24, 25, 26. But after that I should be good for the next couple months

I'll get it to you later tonight. Have to do the family thing, then I have a bball game tonight, so after that.

PSN: Si13ntSubmission.

Also, if we get this thing rolling right away here, I'm unable to get to my ps3 on the 24, 25, 26. But after that I should be good for the next couple months

Cool like I said don't worry about it if you can't trade everyday as long as you trade as often as you can its all good.

Can I get in on this? Im a newbie to the GT community but I feel like I can contribute a decent amount to this. Ill get myGT url up tonight when I get it updated and my
PSN ID is:
RisingSun41

Can I get in on this? Im a newbie to the GT community but I feel like I can contribute a decent amount to this. Ill get myGT url up tonight when I get it updated and my
PSN ID is:
RisingSun41

Yes of course the more the merrier (Up to a point :) )

No need to have an up to date myGT account if you don't want to just the numbers down the right hand side of your Museum Index screen is enough.

Yes of course the more the merrier (Up to a point :) )

No need to have an up to date myGT account if you don't want to just the numbers down the right hand side of your Museum Index screen is enough.

Thanks Lutton, I just confirmed you on PSN 👍.

Here are my #'s:

Audi-12
BMW-9
Citroen-39
Dodge-5
Ford-50
Lotus-5
Mazda-9
Mercedes-27
Mitsubishi-10
Nissan-20
Renault-19
Subaru-4
Toyota-23
VW-6

Hi to all. I was already exchanging cards with someone of yours, and they introduced me to this thread. I'd like to join the group.

psn: papero1974

My museum is in signature

How many people do we need to close submissions? I have two friends who I can ask for joining.

Last edited:
Back