Buttkicker Gamer 2 Performance

• Thread starter nMd_pRo
  • 33 comments
nMd_pRo
I guys, first of all i would like to say that i used the "search" button but i didn't find anything about what i was looking for, I do have a nice sound setup in my room, which is not pretty big, so my sound setup can easily give me a pretty good "kick" from the bass sound, the picture hanging on the wall do move with the bass kick that rumbles my all room(I'm serious).

With all this sound i have, I'm still very curious about the BKG 2 performance, i know that it will not make my all room rumble(at least i think so), but i don't know what kind of rumble feeling it gives when correctly put under a chair or so.

Summing it up, how would you compare a BKG 2 with a big subwoofer?

There`s already a thread, but to answer your question....Would you like your seat to thump violently away without disturbing anyone around you?

There`s already a thread, but to answer your question....Would you like your seat to thump violently away without disturbing anyone around you?

Can you send me the link to that thread? i didn't found

I would like the BKG2 to shake the chair more than my subwoofer does.

Type buttkicker into the search field instead of BK2. And the only purpose of a buttkicker is to shake your seat so it's better than your sub.

Type buttkicker into the search field instead of BK2. And the only purpose of a buttkicker is to shake your seat so it's better than your sub.

Didn't saw anything about this.

I would just like to know how would you compare this to the rumble of a subwoofer, is it stronger, is it weaker or is it just simply different?

Give us more info on your system...
Also what are you sitting in while playing?
Your Budget?

The BK Gamer 2 is amongst the lowest spec/performance units available.
While not a bad product at all, some will rave about them telling you how awesome they are, but if your any way clued up in quality AV/Hifi then they are a decent but budget product to get an experience of what "tactile" can add to your entertainment.

Their are better alternatives and ways to go about getting more performance for your money. ButtKicker Mini LFE or Clarke Tactile TST209 are models I personally recommend and then use your own sourced 4ohm rated amplification.

Give us more info on your system...
Also what are you sitting in while playing?
Your Budget?

The BK Gamer 2 is amongst the lowest spec/performance units available.
While not a bad product at all, some will rave about them telling you how awesome they are, but if your any way clued up in quality AV/Hifi then they are a decent but budget product to get an experience of what "tactile" can add to your entertainment.

Their are better alternatives and ways to go about getting more performance for your money. ButtKicker Mini LFE or Clarke Tactile TST209 are models I personally recommend and then use your own sourced 4ohm rated amplification.

Thanks for the info, i'll try to make a brief about my setup.
So 1st, i'm currently sitting in a chair(obviously lol) but going to change to a OMP FIA aproved baquet, it is mount over to seat raisers and i'm about to build a kind of box to mount the baquet over it.

I do have a PS3(one only) that is connected to my LCD via HDMI, it gives sound and image, i do actually have a LG sound system connected to my PS3 trough Optical cable, and it only delivers sound. IT has only three outputs each one for a respective speaker(2.1 sound).
And my ps3 is now delivering sound through multi-link(i believe thats the name)

I'm not low or high budget, i can spend money but don't want to spend a LOT of money, i'm up to something between 200€ and 500€(something lower would be cool to).

I'll post links to the TV i own, sound and baquet.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Home Cinema

LCD

Baquet

Last edited:
As your not using a full AV amplifier is kinda awkward and your currently using both HDMI and Optical outputs on the PS3. So take the PS3 HDMI into your LG HT462DZ and output that via it's HDMI to your TV.
You could then use the Optical output into a seperate amplifier for tactile.
If you want a really immersive tactile experience but at a budget then I recommend you buy a 2nd hand 5.1 AV amplifier on eBay etc. this can be used via optical cable to power the tactile units.It must support 4ohms speaker rating. This is important. Sony/Yamaha/Denon would be easily found costing well under £100. You want something with approx 100 watts per channel also.
Id recommend you buy 2x Clarke Tactile TST209 for the left/right tactile effects.
Then also a ButtKicker Mini LFE to use on LFE effects.

Google Parts Express for the T209 and The Shaker Centre for the Mini LFE.

look into those and see what you think but it would blow away what a pair of BK Gamers would do and cost about the same.

For a computer style chair the BKG2 shakes it more than hard enough, too hard at high volume. So any higher models are a waste of money if you want it for a computer chair. For a heavy sofa or heavy racing rig you may want to look into other options, but even the BKG2 can shake my whole full size futon when I attach it to that frame.

For a computer style chair the BKG2 shakes it more than hard enough, too hard at high volume. So any higher models are a waste of money if you want it for a computer chair. For a heavy sofa or heavy racing rig you may want to look into other options, but even the BKG2 can shake my whole full size futon when I attach it to that frame.

How are units that are "higher" a waste of money over the gamer then?
By all means feel free to explain how the Gamer compares to the Mini LFE or BKA 300 models from your experience or knowledge of them.

One Example @ 15:08

The performance of "bigger" units varies a lot, its not all just about the "whack" effect or how strong it can be. The Gamer is also a very small tactile unit and while it can pack a punch it cant produce the same sustained effect over a larger area. Instead what you get is an isolated area that when cranked too high can become too strong within its more restricted direct contact area.

Clarke Tactile for instance offers a completely different tactile experience to Buttkickers providing much more response and far more suitable for non LFE roles, like as recommended for stereo effect tactile.

Last edited:
How are units that are "higher" a waste of money over the gamer then?
By all means feel free to explain how the Gamer compares to the Mini LFE or BKA 300 models from your experience or knowledge of them.

One Example @ 15:08

The performance of "bigger" units varies a lot, its not all just about the "whack" effect or how strong it can be. The Gamer is also a very small tactile unit and while it can pack a punch it cant produce the same sustained effect over a larger area. Instead what you get is an isolated area that when cranked too high can become too strong within its more restricted direct contact area.

Clarke Tactile for instance offers a completely different tactile experience to Buttkickers providing much more response and far more suitable for non LFE roles, like as recommended for stereo effect tactile.

It's my opinion, my friend bought the $300 setup and wished he just bought the BKG2 for $127. You can keep the clarke's, not my cup of tea at all. BKG2 sustains the effect perfectly fine for a computer chair.

Oh right, so your opinion is based on your friends experience.
Like already said the Gamer isn't bad but their are better options your comment of waste of time is total nonsense.

Maybe your friend should of got the Mini LFE units as they provide a great in between performance. As for the Clarke Tactile, well some others here can backup their performance with their 3x frequency range compared to the Gamer

Oh right, so your opinion is based on your friends experience.
Like already said the Gamer isn't bad but their are better options your comment of waste of time is total nonsense.

Maybe your friend should of got the Mini LFE units as they provide a great in between performance. As for the Clarke Tactile, well some others here can backup their performance with their 3x frequency range compared to the Gamer

No, my opinion is based on my experience with both.

No, my opinion is based on my experience with both.

Well then according to your "Opinion" it seems the Gamer is fine, the OP should just get one and any of the other Tactile units are a waste of time spending the extra on.

Yes not everyone will goto the extreme I have and I wouldnt expect people too but their is a massive difference in having a single Buttkicker experience to having one that also utilises stereo effects and possibly surround channels.

Last edited:
To the OP and since your here in GTPlanet asking about BKG 2 performance, plus you mentioned chair and didn't say couch, I can assume you are a casual gamer and not an audiophile or anything of that sort. Correct me if I'm wrong. If such then BKG 2 is perfect for your application. Attaching it to a chair (picture in my mind an office chair here or a gaming chair), you will get the rumble that will immense your senses into the game itself. Compared to a sub woofer, the BKG2 is a of a different territory. This is like DS3 is to FFB wheel and speaker subwoofer is to BKG 2. I've did a lot of reading and research before I went to buy a BKG2. I only play GT5 and I have an Obutto rig and the Buttkicker Gamer 2 is just perfect for GT5. Anything stronger than BKG2 I'll find it annoying. I only use it when playing GT5 cause in other games like Black OPs, the BKG 2 is just too much and too distracting for me to concentrate on the game. For small medium sim rig setup, IMHO BKG 2 is perfect.

What you fail to realise is that the reason you find some games are too strong is due to the limations of the Gamer having a very limited mid range response, its restricted to 200Hz or 250Hz depending to where you read the specs. Even GT5 will use frequencies much higher than that in the 1-4K Rev range of cars when the tactile is working at its best. I know exactly what frequencies are used within games by simply looking at the EQ I use and the problem with the BKG is that it also hasnt the same control as some others when driven hard particulary if you run it from the stereo L/R connections like many people do. The BKG is very easy to bottom out, as you feel the piston hitting hard. This even happens on the Mini LFE and BKA 300 models but not to the same extent if used on audio channels other than the LFE from 5.1 or 7.1 digital decoding.

A person does not need to be an audiophile in anyway at all to get a better or more controlled tactile over what a Gamer produces. Yet it seems many owners of the product seem to take offense in someone like me stating it is an entry level or limited in performance tactile unit. Thats not my opinion but a fact of what it is in the Buttkicker range of products. Buttkicker however advertise the Gamer direct at the sim/gaming market. Yes it gets by far the most exposure selling very well for them however when you look deeper into the specs and their range of products and actually compare then you will find shortcomings as you will in any entry level product.

This offers the best performance/price from the Buttkicker range that I have tried.
Read What They Say

The Gamer is also not upgradable but going down the route of sorting your own amplification is and sorry but anyone using a single tactile unit, particularly a Gamer on a race seat is getting nowhere near close to what tactile really can offer, dont take my word for it ask rise888/jswilli or others here.

Last edited:
Just read the BKG2 reviews and watch it fly off the shelf. It is by far the best deal at $127 complete.

When used with my turtle beach X41's you don't need more than 1 unit such as L/R because the surround on the headphones is so awesome you really feel as if if the thud comes from the back/front/left/right or bottom. Works much better than with the external surround speakers.

Unbelievable!

I'd so love for you to sit in my seat and say what your saying.

Your set-up sounds (No Joke) very cool.
But how is it set-up again ?
Is it three shaker units (Right-Middle-Left) ?
Could you tell me what parts you use and how they are wired up ?
PM if this is a thread-jack....Thank's

Your set-up sounds (No Joke) very cool.
But how is it set-up again ?
Is it three shaker units (Right-Middle-Left) ?
Could you tell me what parts you use and how they are wired up ?
PM if this is a thread-jack....Thank's

Thanks but the best place to ask that is in that thread.
My seat currently uses 6x tactile units but the cockpit when complete will use at least 10 and allow upto 13 to be installed. See the diagram in my thread. ButtKicker and Clarke units are used on the seat as they have their own advantages but compliment each other.

Seat Tactile:
L/R
Left/Right Surround
Back Surround
LFE

Shylock is dreaming if he thinks he only needs one unit with surround headphones for that to offer anything remotely close to a similar surround tactile performance. He may be happy with what he has and that's fine but as I stated at the very start their are better options and alternatives.

Last edited:
Input and help would be appreciated. I just bought 2 buttkicker gamer 2's for my sim rigs. Running Xbox, Turtle beach X41, Rseats EVO.

Not really excited about this product or maybe something isn't hooked up correctly. Spoke with Tech at Buttkicker and we have it hooked up through the front Headphone jack to the BK Amp.

Here's what happens - on Forza 4 or NFSP on game start up, the BKG2 rattles. No shakes or rattles when hitting another car or wall. About 1/4 through the game, the BKG2 doesn't shake at all. just a very small vibration in the BK. When I restart the game, the exact thing happens.

I have the setting on low and high Freq

Sorry, I have the low Freq on and the high on as well. I've tried adjusting the HZ fro 40 to top level with no real success.

Any ideas would be great.

I have both of mine daisy chained to the L/R RCA's on the back of my tv. Works great, stereo tactical.

Hey Vince. Shouldn't the cables be hooked up thru the x41 transmitter being that's where the sound is going through because I'm not running sound thru my TV.

Tonyd
Hey Vince. Shouldn't the cables be hooked up thru the x41 transmitter being that's where the sound is going through because I'm not running sound thru my TV.

RCA's to amp to BKG2's

I need help getting my buttkicker gamer 2 to work with PS3/GT5. I am a complete audio/visual noob so bare with me.

My PS3 is connected to my tv by HDMI only. I tried following the instructions included with the buttkicker and I get nothing. I followed the ISR video for PS3 HDMI by connecting the RCA adapter included with the PS3 and running the white cable directly to the amplifier input and turning on mutliple audio outputs on the PS3 and get nothing. I am completely at a loss. BTW I was able to get it to work using on IPod.

Can anyone help me? Anyone else using HDMI for audio and able to connect their buttkicker? Is there a setting I need to change in GT? Thanks in advance.

HDMI-video.

RCA ps3 multi to tv-audio.

Go to ps3 settings and change the audio/video settings.

HDMI-video.

RCA ps3 multi to tv-audio.

Go to ps3 settings and change the audio/video settings.

You wrote that about as vaguely as possible, at least for a noob like me.:scared:

Do I turn Audio Multi-output to: ON
or set Audio Output Settings to: Audio Input Connector/SCART/AV Multi

When I do the latter, AIC/SCART/AV Multi I get no sound at all.

Once I have that set correctly what do I connect to the amplifier. I tried just the white as ISR said but I got nothing at all. Also tried per instructions and no luck.

My tv might help. I have a Panasonic Viera. I can't just connect the RCA cables to the tv, it goes through an RCA adapter that leads to one plug into the tv.

Edit: I was able to get it work.:D.

I don't really know what I did differently but it works. Now I have to get my center post back for the Playseat and I can use it tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back