Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
ahhh...so the review states that the Fanatec CSR wheel is just a reskinned low-end model Fanatec Turbo S (isn't the PTSW the cheapest Fanatec model?)! :crazy:
I will skip it and wait for reviews and comments on the CSR Elite. I hope this model is better built and has more options. Hopefully, the CSR elite will be more on par or better than the Fanatec porsche GT2 wheel.

"The CSR wheel has the same internals as my beloved Porsche Turbo S wheel (hereby referred to as PTSW because it takes less typing). It's powered by a Mabuchi RS550 motor with a pair of extra actuators for more haptic feedback. Because cooling was a potential issue with the PTSW, the vents on the top of the case are larger than before and the fans kick in earlier. This makes the CSR louder than the PTSW."

You are mistaken. I suggest reading the past few pages....

Its A GT2... base.. mines due today. hopefully this afternoon otherwise i won't be here to sign, and then i am away this weekend sadly, although i have a month to review it, the sooner the better.

Any European customers status changed to delivered, mine changed this morning. No email/tracking number yet though. It looks like they managed to ship them a little earlier than expected, as Thomas's blog did say they would start shipping next week 👍

Any European customers status changed to delivered, mine changed this morning. No email/tracking number yet though. It looks like they managed to ship them a little earlier than expected, as Thomas's blog did say they would start shipping next week 👍
Mine changed too to delivered, they start the shipment at around 16:00 GMT as ussual I think, so we'll get a tracking number after it. I bet we'll get the goods till wednesday 👍

Mine changed too to delivered, they start the shipment at around 16:00 GMT as ussual I think, so we'll get a tracking number after it. I bet we'll get the goods till wednesday 👍

Wednesday for you maybe 👍 I have a longer wait than that as it has to be delivered to a friend in the UK first, then sent on to me as I live in the Channel Islands and they don't ship here :ouch:

Think I will be very lucky to have it before FM4 comes out on the 14th :crazy:

Edit: Just received email saying " you're order will ship now" :)

Last edited:
UH no you still missed the point entirely. To someone who doesn't care about the available options the available options are worthless in the mind of that customer. That's like saying the G37 is worst than the IS 350 because it doesn't have available ceramic brakes. If you don't EVER want ceramic brakes that's not a part of your equation. BTW I am not trying to change your personal opinion on anything this is simply a theoretical customer that just likes the CSR-E rim.

Are we talking about the same point here? If we are, I never missed the point you were trying to make. I understand it, and I made what I felt was a fair response to it. Nothing beats the Elite for the person wanting a high end xbox wheel. For everyone else, there are better options, and most people looking for a new wheel will go for those options instead. I've witnessed enough evidence towards this, and that help me come to that conclusion, in addition to my own thoughts on the matter.

I just wish Darrin Gangi was there. I still got a bone to pick with Fanatec for messing up the show. Just feels so weird just seeing Darrin in the background being all quiet. :grumpy:

I highlighted the part I am confused about. Does he mean the best wheel ever which includes my glorious t500rs wheel along with all the other wheels or does he just mean the best wheel for xbox 360? I meant to ask him for clarification on the boards. Just makes no sense too me he would say that when we all know CSW is going to be amazing. Atm, that was a very confusing review all the way and it's obvious the show is taking a bad turn w/o Darrin heading up wheel reviews

Plus no Jessica and no Tommy Haake (did he resign?). Anyway I'll head of there to make my voice heard just seeing this link reminded me (I saw the vid awhile ago when posted at virtualr)

He means the best wheel on xbox, in comparison to all the other Fanatec 911 wheels that also had xbox compatibility. So in essence, he is saying that the CSR is even better than the GT2, in his personal opinion.

Well,

Just checked after reading the last post here. But mine also changed to delivered and checking my mailbox I saw a mail from fanatec that my order is being shipped.
Hope it's get here before the Forza 4 release. So I can test the CSR with GT5.

So, now it's time for a coffee. The excitement is getting to me....

Bryan

Dang, my pedals MIGHT be here before FM4 release!👍

Scheduled For Early Delivery On:
Monday, 10/10/2011, By End of Day
Originally Scheduled For Delivery On:
Tuesday, 10/11/2011, By End of Day

I'm with you guys. I took Monday off to wait for it. UPS hasn't let me down before with their tracking updates so I feel good about Monday.

Of course, now I may have to take off Tuesday too.

I'm with you guys. I took Monday off to wait for it. UPS hasn't let me down before with their tracking updates so I feel good about Monday.

Of course, now I may have to take off Tuesday too.

I'm thinking about taking October off 💡

Just in from Dan Greenawalt via FaceBook:

"Thanks for the note. As with all feedback, we're looking into it. However, we've confirmed that it isn't the steering assist. As you've seen its isolated to the 900 degree wheel, and shows in the telemetry (which the steering assist does not)."

I think CSR buyers you have been a bit naive: does a wheel with a design that is not completely round is designed to rotate over 270 degrees?.

Like the Microsoft one, is a wheel designed to leave hands fixed at a point on the wheel.

66368941.jpg

Turn10 will have designed the control in game for the Microsoft wheel, which is what has the most, not thinking about the few who buy one of these prohibitively expensive wheels from Fanatec.

You are mistaken. I suggest reading the past few pages....

Is the ARS technica polly anna wrong on his specs?? Or my conclusion in waiting for the CSR Elite is wrong?
:dunce:

edit... the only information in the past few pages is the link to the ISR review. According to the ISR Review it seems the wheel made a big jump in quality. I hope for such a jump for the CSR Elite.

Last edited:
I think CSR buyers you have been a bit naive: does a wheel with a design that is not completely round is designed to rotate over 270 degrees?.

Like the Microsoft one, is a wheel designed to leave hands fixed at a point on the wheel.

66368941.jpg

Turn10 will have designed the control in game for the Microsoft wheel, which is what has the most, not thinking about the few who buy one of these prohibitively expensive wheels from Fanatec.

My Real Life Audi has a wheel that's not completely round, it's also a bit flat at the bottom.. it's never caused an Issue :)

Do you not think this is not a 900 degree Wheel? or is it only not a 900 degree wheel when running Forza... Isn't it the official Forza Wheel, If so why limit your design around the now very old Microsoft wheel when you have an advanced feedback wheel licensed for your game, that also offers purchasers cross platform support.

Now if your into drifting, the wheel rim shape may not be ideal as it spins around. but it's the same in real life and it's easy to determine which ways up! remember that the picture's viewpoint is not perpendicular to the wheel face so there may be some distortion at play :)

Just received the e-mail from Fanatec and got the change in status on their website.

Still waiting for the tracking number, and FM4 =) (took tuesday off, just in case...)

Any in depth good review of FM4 yet?

Have you ever seen a FIA GT1 race? Wheels designed like that, the Lambo, and GTR specifically have the same design and are turned more than 270 degrees.

It was stated its more a racing wheel vs road car wheel anway in reviews.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V8qIQHW4KI

The wheel is a racing wheel as opposed to the GT2 or TurboS, but I think it can still work with drifting at 900 degrees. But I guess its more personal pref.

Is the ARS technica polly anna wrong on his specs?? Or my conclusion in waiting for the CSR Elite is wrong?
:dunce:

edit... the only information in the past few pages is the link to the ISR review. According to the ISR Review it seems the wheel made a big jump in quality. I hope for such a jump for the CSR Elite.

Sorry, I was refering to your lack of knowledge on the Fanatec line up of wheels. The GT2 and Turbo S are not the bottom of line line wheels. The CSR uses the same base as those two wheels. Basically all three are pretty much the same with a different rim (leather, alcantara, and a mix of plastic/alcantara). The Carrera, and even the old Speedster would be considered the bottom line offerings.

Just received the e-mail from Fanatec and got the change in status on their website.

Still waiting for the tracking number, and FM4 =) (took tuesday off, just in case...)

Any in depth good review of FM4 yet?

A few places have full reviews up. IGN, Arstechnica, Joystiq. When I grab a lunch break I'm going to read more in detail. It's distracting me too much from my work right now. :)

Wow Wardez, congrats!

Like I figured all along, mine won't arrive until Monday :( Was hoping to mess around with the FM4 demo with it over the weekend, but can't win 'em all.

As for the wheel not being completely round, I don't mind one bit. I don't think there has been even one instance when I've had to grip my DFGT at the bottom in the 3 years I've owned it. But it probably helps that I am not a drifter.

Jerome

Have you ever seen a FIA GT1 race? Wheels designed like that, the Lambo, and GTR specifically have the same design and are turned more than 270 degrees.

It was stated its more a racing wheel vs road car wheel anway in reviews.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V8qIQHW4KI

The wheel is a racing wheel as opposed to the GT2 or TurboS, but I think it can still work with drifting at 900 degrees. But I guess its more personal pref.

Sorry, I was refering to your lack of knowledge on the Fanatec line up of wheels. The GT2 and Turbo S are not the bottom of line line wheels. The CSR uses the same base as those two wheels. Basically all three are pretty much the same with a different rim (leather, alcantara, and a mix of plastic/alcantara). The Carrera, and even the old Speedster would be considered the bottom line offerings.

Have you had a chance to pesonally compare the PWTS and the GT2? I see many people state the GT2 is much much better than the PWTS. If they are the same base is the difference in the software? or the build? iirc, Shaun Cole does mention in the CSR review that the wheel has seam due to being built from 2 parts and does not feel as good as it could be. Is this the same approach Fanatec uses on the GT2 and PWTS?

Anybody from Europe received a tracking number today, or do we go by what it says on Thomas's blog which he updated a day or so ago?

Surely they don't send emails out saying "you're order will ship now" if they are going to be stuck in the warehouse all weekend.

Noticed at the bottom of the email it says you will receive a tracking number once the order leaves the warehouse.

I take it we have to all wait until monday before they even get shipped, which makes this email a bit miss-leading :ouch:

The unboxing is currently loading to youtube.... god knows how long I will be waiting but hope you enjoy my first unboxing... camera in one hand and box in the other LOL

The unboxing is currently loading to youtube.... god knows how long I will be waiting but hope you enjoy my first unboxing... camera in one hand and box in the other LOL

You should have made one of those DIY camera-helmet. And congratulations on receiving your racing gear (was about to say "toy" then it hit me that I might get flamed...).

Naive??? I think most have done their research. It supports 90-900 degs - whether or not Forza supports 900 is a moot point. The cost is justified by being a cross-platform wheel in addition to the it's other virtues.
I also don't think "...few who buy..." will be very accurate. The price point is very competitive for "comparable" cross-platform wheels and not just a Forza exclusive wheel.
My DFGT is was jointly designed by Logitech and PD (with a GT logo) but it is a very good value wheel regardless if it is used with GT or not.

Back