AssassinTuners HKS CT230R Tuner Shootout Release Tune.

Alright so the Shootout is on and Everybody is getting equipped with a HKS CT230R. This Time Attack King has been shredding records around the world IRL, now it's time for the GTPlanet to see what it's Tuners can do with this Time Attack Monster.

This is my first Shootout, but I've been on this GT Tuning thing for years & the HKS Evo is a car I've been playing with regularly. I've put together a Tune that's sure to give you a sore neck from snap direction changes and incredible g-force. That won't keep the grin off your chin while you take another win.

We are running a Tuner Shootout so everybody PLEASE get in on the action. The more Drivers and Tuners getting involved the better it's going to be.

This is the release page for my HKS CT230R Tune. I've built the tune to be well rounded on S & R tires this car was one I found this easy to accomplish as the car is very well suited to SS tires & welcomes the added grip from RS tires with no fuss. It's got a Top Speed around the 200mph mark & accelerates like a Motorcycle.

Enough talk, time for the settings.

HKS CT230R

Turbo: High Speed Tracks go for the High RPM Turbo, for lower speed Tracks use the Mid RPM Turbo.

Drivetrain
Adjustable LSD
Torque Sensing Center Differential

Tires
Racing Soft

Downforce = 18/49

Ride Height = -8/-12
Spring Rate = 12.4/9.5
Dampers
Ext = 7/8
Comp = 5/7
Anti Roll Bars = 6/5

Camber = 3.4/1.9
Toe = 0.05/0.12

TSCD = 35/65

Differential
Int = 7/14
Accel = 19/38
Decel = 11/22

Gears
Input the Top Speed First
217 Top Speed Tuner

1st 2.496
2nd 1.576
3rd 1.152
4th 0.908
5th 0.749
FD 3.787

Brakes = 6/4

Tuner Notes.
As I've been going through some of the pages upon pages of threads at GTP I was directed at a thread talking about backwards settings. From what I've gathered there it may appear to some I've used revesed ride height on my tune. I assure you I have not. The HKS Evo has a very low front end, I needed the ride height values offset like that so I could equalize the actual Ride Height of the car. In the end the front is still lower then the rear.

I've also noticed many tuners going for the high rear brake set up. I do my brakes trying to keep the chassis content. I am not prejudice to anything when It comes to tuning, I've been surprised a few times by how well an odd combo works. I do try to keep 10 clicks of braking power split between the F/R. 7/3, 6/4, or 8/2 for example, but I'll always play with it until it feels right, my DFGT makes for effortless brake adjustments in real time on the Track.

Please take the time to Try out all the HKS Evo's in the Shootout. Participate by testing or Tuning, get in on the Action. Let's keep it friendly :)

Last edited:
I guess I'll be the first one to volunteer to test then, as this car is one that I've driven for 2,500+ miles, safe to say I'd know it rather well…but for it to be a proper shootout, you need more than one car :), just wait, RKM, Noobster and……someone else will be coming.

Onboy123
I guess I'll be the first one to volunteer to test then, as this car is one that I've driven for 2,500+ miles, safe to say I'd know it rather well...but for it to be a proper shootout, you need more than one car :), just wait, RKM, Noobster and......someone else will be coming.

Thanks! Yeah I wasn't sure when they were going to drop their Tunes, so I went ahead and posted my Entry. Hopefully soon the others will post theirs.

If they don't, I'll bully Roj into doing it :) As for Noobster, I really feel bad for being part of the guys who screwed up his garage, so I want to help him out to boost his garage's appeal…so even if he doesn't post it, I'll post it on his behalf giving all credit to him :D

Onboy123
If they don't, I'll bully Roj into doing it :) As for Noobster, I really feel bad for being part of the guys who screwed up his garage, so I want to help him out to boost his garage's appeal...so even if he doesn't post it, I'll post it on his behalf giving all credit to him :D

Yeah, that place is a mess, too much to read all up on, I'd rather stay as far away as possible.

I hope the other Evo's come out to the Shootout soon :) any idea when they were planning to post them? I thought last night they were all getting released and should of been out by now.

Last edited:
Ok, first one, a comparison between your tune (AssassinTuner) and stock…

HKS CT230R-

Stock:
A very good car. I remember the first time I drove this, and I couldn’t believe how much grip it had! You could fling it into corners at seemingly insane speeds and it just grips without trouble. It’s fast too. With a lap of 1:06.084 on the TGTT, it’s just 2 seconds down from my one, with a (as of now) unposted RKM setup. The car is very sure-footed, and has almost idiot-proof handling. Couple that to the 4WD grip and the close ratio gearbox and it’s not hard to see why this car holds the lap record at Tsukuba.

Stats:
Power- 571hp
Weight- 1068kg
PP- 609
--------------------
Lap time- (Tested on TGTT)
1:06.084 (Racing soft tyres, stock otherwise)
Top speed achieved on back straight-
156mph
--------------------

AssassinTuner-
This tune seems to ‘enhance’ the CT230R’s abilities, but I don’t feel comfortable with it. This is partly due to me, having driven a CT230R for over 1000+ miles with an unchanged setup, it’s hard to adapt to a car with completely different handling characteristics. This is also partly due to the fact that I’m used to a very loose CT230R. This one though, this goes the other route. Grip. Grip that verges on overkill. It will not stop gripping, I swear I’d grow scared of the limits before it’d stop gripping. But it’s because of this…monstrous grip, that it leaves me feeling slightly uncomfortable. I don’t know its limits. What I can say though, is that if you focus, it will eat everything alive. A 1:04.714 was my best time, barely a 0.5 of a second off the RKM CT230R, and that’s an undefeated car running on this track. Gripes? Well, it does understeer slightly with the huge grip and that picnic table of a wing nailed on the boot. When cornering, it’s best to feather the throttle as opposed to mashing it down with an Iron Fist. Do that, it’ll understeer. Control the power, and it’ll stick to the track like gum sticks on the sole of your shoe. I have to say though, this isn’t my best review of a tune, as racing tyres make it very hard to feel out any faults. And downgrading to sport softs would magnify flaws, and possibly even add a few. So I’ll leave Adrenaline to pick up on this. Because I’ve ran out of things to say.

Stats:
Power- 599hp (not run in)
Weight- 1068kg
PP- 622
----------------------------------
Lap time-
1:04.714 (Racing soft tyres, AssassinTuner’s setup)
Top speed achieved on back straight-
157mph
----------------------------------

I guess I'll be the first one to volunteer to test then, as this car is one that I've driven for 2,500+ miles, safe to say I'd know it rather well…but for it to be a proper shootout, you need more than one car :), just wait, RKM, Noobster and……someone else will be coming.

I would come if you guys can wait 2 weeks.

Of course we'll wait, as RJ said, the more the merrier! Just don't flame or attack anyone like you did to Noobster, because as far as I can work out, that was completely uncalled for…

Thanks Man! I go get some lunch, come back and Onboy123 has already given her a spin. :) "Grip" yeah, if I had to use one word to describe this Tune that would be it. You are also right this Tune with this car need a little time to get acquainted with. What I noticed is when I thought it was understeering it would still turn more if I keep turning the wheel. It just keeps rotating. Took a bit of getting used to not to mention finding it's limits is like finding a needle in a hay stack, it's almost like it has none, it does, but boy do you have to push this beast to get to them.

It's usually sitting on SS tires and they certainly dial back the grip some but she still has all of her bite out of the corners.

I hope You don't mind if I run Laps at the Test Tracks for comparisons. I've not spent much time at TGTT it's first corners a Pita and I like tracks with closer to 2 min lap lengths, not to mention on some corners you get red flagged for barely crossing 2 wheels over the white line and others you can get 4 deep on the run off. I was able to manage consistently clean runs inside 1:04.200 to 1:04.700 with a 1:03.997 Hot Lap. There is room to go a little faster.

Time for an Ice Cap and a Chassis/Engine Rebuild.

Of course we'll wait, as RJ said, the more the merrier! Just don't flame or attack anyone like you did to Noobster, because as far as I can work out, that was completely uncalled for…

:lol: I didn't attack him, he attacked me..... and now you think I'm the bad guy? :crazy:
Your comment here about flaming or attacking is "completely uncalled" for (your words), cause you should know that I don't begin with this ***, I just defend me when a guy thinks he can talk *** about/to me.

Basically I've a positive attitude towards others at the beginning. The first time I talked with Noobster, I thought that he's a nice, sympathetic guy. But my mind changed with the time after I and other guys had a couple incidents with him.
If you do well with him, wonderful! I don't.

But this is a matter between us and should not be understand as normal. There is always someone you don't like, but this doesn't show how I deal with other people. OK?

@topic
You wait? Great! :):):)

Okok, let's just keep calm and move on………………Ok there you go, moved on :D

Wow this Noob is a touchy subject. I almost don't want to know what all the fuss is about but my curiosity is killing me... Maybe it better I just leave it alone and not get old beefs rekindled in this thread.

On to the Shootout. Onboy123 you've got the RKM HKS Evo already, when they going to release it to the public? It's pretty quick, I'd like to see how she feels. I'm sure others want to try it too.

Wow this Noob is a touchy subject. I almost don't want to know what all the fuss is about but my curiosity is killing me... Maybe it better I just leave it alone and not get old beefs rekindled in this thread.

On to the Shootout. Onboy123 you've got the RKM HKS Evo already, when they going to release it to the public? It's pretty quick, I'd like to see how she feels. I'm sure others want to try it too.

As soon as Roj makes a bloody banner for it I'll be pushing it out of the garage and into the showroom. Can't drive it in because that'd make the neighbors mad. :sly:

It'll be interesting to see how my car does in the hands of not-Onboy. Reason I say this is I built it knowing well ahead of time that he likes a very loose car... It wound up with 20/20 downforce and more lift-off oversteer than is ever strictly needed. Result is a car that's absolutely insane in every possible way but also impossible to spin (well, you can, but it takes work).

Im a little confused. What's the banner for? Why you waiting on a banner to release a Tune?

They seem to keep pace with each other quite well, I'd like to hear how somebody else thinks who's had a chance to run them both with no previous seat time in either. Onboy123 definitely has some TGTT skills.

Your is loose, mine is tight a little bit of variety is always nice.

Last edited:
I find it interesting at how much onboy supports Noob, after the way Noob implied how terrible and slow his driving skills are, and basically called him an RKM fanboy.

Anyways, on topic, I'm curious as to what tracks both of you (RKM/Assassin) used to tune the car. I have 2 tracks in mind that will really push this car to it's limits. My only seat time was about 10 minutes on Tsukuba in the stock form, from a previous thread. I actually wasn't really a fan of this car's feel.

I don't get why everybody is talking about this Noob guy all the time. Is he really that good of a Tuner & such a A-hole for his name to come up everywhere in the tuning board?

Adrenaline
Anyways, on topic, I'm curious as to what tracks both of you (RKM/Assassin) used to tune the car. I have 2 tracks in mind that will really push this car to it's limits. My only seat time was about 10 minutes on Tsukuba in the stock form, from a previous thread. I actually wasn't really a fan of this car's feel.

For me Ive been hitting Suzuka & The Nurbergring F1 Track, I first started tuning the car at Tsukuba for obvious reasons.

Edit
I also have run some laps at TGTT, but I'm not comfortable at that Track yet.

What Tracks do you have in mind?

Last edited:
Just gave it a go on the Nurb. It fits my style of racing perfectly (using DS3), but its a tad bit grippy. With a little practice I could get used to it; either way, pretty stellar tune IMO.

Thanks a bunch!

paraclete
Just gave it a go on the Nurb. It fits my style of racing perfectly (using DS3), but its a tad bit grippy. With a little practice I could get used to it; either way, pretty stellar tune IMO.

Thanks a bunch!

Thanks!

I haven't driven the car at the Old Nurbergring Track but the new F1 Track a good amount. Its nice to see it does well at that iconic Track.

I usually run the car on SS tires, maybe the RS tires are too much Grip, as Onboy123 said "grip overkill". Give it a shot on SS tires. It's also tuned to stay drivable when the chassis gets tweaked. I used it for some endurance races and had to make sure it still was fast even after grinding out hours after hours worth of laps.

I don't get why everybody is talking about this Noob guy all the time. Is he really that good of a Tuner & such a A-hole for his name to come up everywhere in the tuning board?

For me Ive been hitting Suzuka & The Nurbergring F1 Track, I first started tuning the car at Tsukuba for obvious reasons.

Edit
I also have run some laps at TGTT, but I'm not comfortable at that Track yet.

What Tracks do you have in mind?

Deep Forest, Trail Mountain, Laguna Seca... Something that will really push the limits of the car.

As for noob, he's like the mentally disabled kid, whose mother refused to put him in a special needs class. Everyone knows who he is, because he has displayed a complete lack of interpersonal skills, adaptive behavior, and most importantly, intellectual functioning. We made fun of him at first, until we realized he actually had a disability. Now people just try to avoid him, to prevent further altercations with someone who, unfortunately, lacks the social skills needed to successfully function in today's society.

Adrenaline
Deep Forest, Trail Mountain, Laguna Seca... Something that will really push the limits of the car.

As for noob, he's like the mentally disabled kid, whose mother refused to put him in a special needs class. Everyone knows who he is, because he has displayed a complete lack of interpersonal skills, adaptive behavior, and most importantly, intellectual functioning. We made fun of him at first, until we realized he actually had a disability. Now people just try to avoid him, to prevent further altercations with someone who, unfortunately, lacks the social skills needed to successfully function in today's society.

That's pretty harsh. Hate is a horrible thing. No more negative vibes in this thread please. I'm sorry I asked.

Last edited:
Nice! Another 2 Evos one of them a surprise pop in. Yeah it's okay to post it here I guess, a link to your garage would of done it but that's okay.

We just need to give the testers some time to beat the crap out of them. :D

I find it interesting at how much onboy supports Noob, after the way Noob implied how terrible and slow his driving skills are, and basically called him an RKM fanboy.

I'm only supporting him because I feel bad for being part of the group that screwed up his garage, and I don't really give a **** what he says because what that just means is that Noob is a faster driver and that I like to stick around RKM……hardly insulting……

And what does everyone think of RKM's CT230R? Scary loose? Or just about manageable?

Edit: Since I'm working on another review for someone else and will be busy until 6PM (12-6PM of ruthless piano practice…god help me) I think I'll give it a run either tomorrow or really really really later tonight…

Last edited:
So what's the rules for the challenge?
I might try fixing up a tune for it depending on the rules/goals.:sly:

Latest Posts

Back