Funny Pic Thread VII - No swearing. No sex. No complaining. (READ FIRST POST)

• Thread starter Max Powers
  • 49,306 comments
Who says they don't exist? Do you have proof? :sly:

Logic. A half-rotten body can't pretty much move, eat people and exist in untold numbers. Personally I just keep thinking this whole "Zombies" trend in the last 5 years or so is absolutely silly, I mean: Training for the Zombie apocalypse? The 🤬?

Racedude
Logic. A half-rotten body can't pretty much move, eat people and exist in untold numbers. Personally I just keep thinking this whole "Zombies" trend in the last 5 years or so is absolutely silly, I mean: Training for the Zombie apocalypse? The 🤬?

There is a parasite that does take mind control over it's host. Google it. Imagine if it mutated into harboring humans as their host.

So Zombies, indeed could exist at some point. For all we know there could be a mind control parasite that does harbor humans. Just hasn't been found yet. Primates would be the reasoning for such parasites to come about if they did. Or so I think anyway.

tDXAs.jpg

I'm doing that all the time...meh.

I'm guessing this is related to the US rule of turning right at red lights? We don't have the equivalent here. If he did that he'd just look like a tit in the wrong lane :sly:

I'm guessing this is related to the US rule of turning right at red lights? We don't have the equivalent here. If he did that he'd just look like a tit in the wrong lane :sly:

Yeah it doesnt work for your backwards imperial roads

Brits can't turn left on red, and they have to climb a flight of stairs to reach the first floor.

It's good that we already had our revolution!

Next thing ya know they'll be all metric and stuff. Eww!

The rule is: sometimes you can and sometimes you can't.

Definition of "story"

"Tale". Levels of a building are "storeys" and "storey" means:

1. a floor or level of a building
2. a set of rooms on one level

The problem with defining the floor at ground level as the "first" is that it implies further floors besides that one. For buildings with more than one storey, that's probably fine - after all you built the ground floor first... But one storey buildings don't have a first floor. They have an only floor and it's built on the ground. Since all other buildings also have a floor built on the ground it makes sense to extend the convention of the ground floor - and the "first" floor is also the top side of the first ceiling (British builders would get a bit confused building the second floor on top of the first ceiling).

It also has the advantage that we can build things thirteen storeys high and not miss a level out...

Anyway, speaking of things that are apparently very high:

46308d1307130449-how-big-curbs-georgia-suspect-falls_1.jpg

Totally off-topic warning!

Re: Ground Floor / 1st Floor

I believe it stems from a time when large houses began being built in towns/cities, which tended to be built on rivers. Drainage was poor and ground levels were often deemed inhabitable for those rich folk who lived in them. All the rooms they inhabited were one floor up (on the 1st floor) and the ground floor, which was just 'ground', was inhabited by their servants or used for utilities.

The big question is...

Why is a building called a building
[Philosiraptor]
When you've finished building it?

This......coming from a kid who likes ponies.........What has the world come to?

Back