TOCA Series Season 3 & TOCA Megane Challenge - SEASON COMPLETE!!!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 3,944 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

Furinkazen

Sim Racing Organiser
Premium
United Kingdom
Blackburn
Furinkazen_54
intro1a.jpg

This is the best value series on GTPlanet! 3 Races per night, tight and close, exciting with thrills and spills! Spread over 10 of the finest tracks in Motorsports! THIS IS TOCA SEASON 3!

SEASON 1 – https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=177567:
SEASON 2 – https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=203910

gen_img.php

TOCA SERIES 3 OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS:

1 – SPORTING REGULATIONS

A – All cars shall conform to the exact tune shown on the below post. IF A PART IS NOT ON THIS LIST, IT IS NOT ALLOWED. Failure to conform to the stated specifications will result in Points Deductions and possible Disqualifications.

B – Events are held in my Lounge.

C – Events are run of a Saturday.

D – The Lounge opens at 7pm British Time. The TOCA MEGANE TROPHY Race will begin at approximately 7.15-7.25pm BST and last until around 7.25-7.35pm BST. A couple minutes after the TOCA MEGANE TROPHY has ended, Qualification will begin for the main TOCA race 1.

F – Qualification is 10 minutes, set on timer is set for qualification. This starts after the timer has been set for 10 minutes. No cars may hit track until the timer is up. As soon as the timer runs out the race shall begin.

G – Race’s will be run from a standing start.

H – Race 2 and Race 3 is a reverse-grid event.

I – Between races there is a 10 minute-interval, set via the automatic countdown.

J – Set-up changes between races are allowed.

K – Penalties are off

L – Damage is limited

J – This is touring car’s so bumping, rubbing and small taps are par for the course. But excessive and deliberate moves across half the track to take someone out are disallowed. Remember – be hard but fair.

K – Drivers are not allowed to repeatedly block one another.

L – Any incidents will be reviewed by me and others, as I will have all replays saved. Warnings and Points Deductions will be handed out if necessary.

M – Kerb cutting is allowed if you have 2 wheels on track. However I appreciate at a track like the Nurburgring’s final chicane with its movable barriers, or Monza, this may be more difficult to implement.

N – Quitting a race in anger or because you are running near the back of the pack will result in you starting on pole automatically for the next race. This is prohibited as it is a cheap way of gaining pole and in theory an easy to win. If this happens, you may be excluded from the race and / or forced to serve a stop-go penalty in the race itself. However, if the person has dropped out due to server / connection issues, or missed the previous race entirely, a slightly more lenient approach shall be taken at first. If the problems continue to arise frequently then penalties may follow.

O – We will use the the BTCC Points System: 15-12-10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1 Pts will count for all 30 races.

P – Foul language in the lobby and / or other negative conduct will result in points deductions and bans.

Q – You are NOT allowed to swap cars during the course of the season. Prior to the Season Start please make sure you have decided your car / team, and passed the information on to me.

R - Contact will happen in touring cars, but rear-ending someone hard so they run off into a corner is frowned upon. As is deliberating turning into someone in order to run them off the racing line. if someone has the racing line, they reserve the right to hold that line, only surrendering it if they move off it.

2 – TOCA Megane Challenge

A - The TOCA MEGANE CHALLENGE runs before a TOCA Series event. It runs to the same set of regulations as the TOCA Series, and uses the Renault Megane from the recommended car list.

3 – CAR SPECIFICATIONS

A – The Next Generation Touring Car, or NGTC for short is heavily based on a road car. Compared to the last-gen TOCA Car, there instantly two recognisable differences – A TOCA car had 276hp and weighed 1100kg. The new rules change this, raising power to 305hp and the cars base weight to 1250kg MINIMUM. Also parts are more standardised – each car MUST have only the parts specified in this chart, or the car will be deemed illegal. As stated above, all cars shall conform to the exact tune shown on the below post. IF A PART IS NOT ON THIS LIST, IT IS NOT ALLOWED. Failure to conform to the stated specifications will result in Points Deductions and possible Disqualifications.

BMW 135i Coupe
ahrweilerstreet.jpg

The only RWD car in TOCA, the BMW boasts supreme acceleration and pin sharp handling, with none of the understeer problems found in it’s rivals. However under power, the car is prone to snap oversteer and is a beast to control at times.

Weight Reduction S1
Weight Reduction S2
Weight Reduction S3
Single Plate Clutch
Sports Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension
Fully Customisable Transmission
Racing Hard Tyres
Sports Exhaust
Aero Part Front Type A
Aero Part Wing Type A
Wheels (Any)

Honda Civic Type R 08
kyotoshoreninq.jpg

The Honda lacks the torque of its rivals, so on first glance appears to be a slug. However it is easy to drive and surprisingly nimble, and potentially a match for the very best. Also it boasts arguably the most impressive looking aero kit in NGTC and perhaps ever in TOCA history.

Weight Reduction S1
Weight Reduction S2
Weight Reduction S3
Engine Stage 1
Engine Stage 2
Engine Stage 3
Single Plate Clutch
Sports Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Racing Hard Tyres
Sports Exhaust
High RPM Turbo Kit
Aero Part Front Type A
Aero Part Rear Type A
Aero Part Extension Type A
Aero Part Wing Type A
Wheels (Any)

Ford Focus ST
ahrweilertownsquarey.jpg

Ford may be new in TOCA, but the success of their BTCC Focus proves that this car is a very fast platform. It’s got decent start speed, and handles very sharply. In fact some drivers may find it too over-sensitive for their liking.

Weight Reduction S1
Weight Reduction S2
Engine Stage 1
Engine Stage 2
Engine Stage 3
Single Plate Clutch
Sports Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Racing Hard Tyres
Sports Exhaust
High RPM Turbo Kit
Aero Part Front Type A
Aero Part Wing Type A
Wheels (Any)

Mazda Atenza Sport
redbullhangar71z.jpg

Mazda have perhaps the richest pedigree in TOCA with the previous Atenza. This looks even more dramatic and maintains a good balance of speed and handling, standing a chance of continuing Mazda’s winning TOCA form.

Weight Reduction S1
Weight Reduction S2
Engine Stage 1
Engine Stage 2
Engine Stage 3
Single Plate Clutch
Sports Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Racing Hard Tyres
Sports Exhaust
High RPM Turbo Kit
Aero Part Front Type B
Aero Part Wing Type A
Wheels (Any)

Volvo C30 R-Design
bernmarktgasse.jpg

Volvo’s C30 is a powerful hatchback with great manoeuvrability and an eye catching aero kit. It’ also very fast off the grid, and this pocket rocket just may be the star of Season 3.

Weight Reduction S1
Weight Reduction S2
Engine Stage 1
Engine Stage 2
Engine Stage 3
Single Plate Clutch
Sports Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Racing Hard Tyres
Sports Exhaust
High RPM Turbo Kit
Aero Part Front Type A
Aero Part Rear Type A
Aero Part Wing Type A
Wheels (Any)

Infiniti G35 Coupe 06
kyotogionf.jpg

New to the TOCA fold are Infiniti, with the stunning G35. A cheaper RWD than the BMW, it is easier to drive and also is one hell of a looker! Also it is the only car without a turbo, so there is no turbo lag found in other cars.

Weight Reduction S1
Weight Reduction S2
Engine Stage 1
Single Plate Clutch
Sports Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Racing Hard Tyres
Sports Exhaust
Aero Part Front Type A
Aero Part Wing Type B
Wheels (Any)

B – All cars once modifications have been made have to have their power moved back to 305hp using the power restrictor.

.​

Last edited:

STANDINGS

finaldrivers.png

finalteams.png

finalindy.png

finalmegane.png

5 – OFFICIAL SEASON 3 SCHEDULE

01 - Cape Ring Inside 3 SEPTEMBER
TOCA 13 Laps - Megane 6 Laps

02 – Autumn Ring 10 SEPTEMBER
TOCA 11 Laps - Megane 5 Laps

03 - Monza (Change Weather) 17 SEPTEMBER
TOCA 6 Laps - Megane 3 Laps

04 - Grand Valley East Reverse 24 SEPTEMBER
TOCA 11 Laps - Megane 5 Laps

05 – Cote D’Azur Monaco 1 OCTOBER
TOCA 10 Laps - Megane 5 Laps

06 – Tsukuba 8 OCTOBER
TOCA 16 Laps - Megane 8 Laps

07 – High Speed Ring (Change Weather) 15 OCTOBER
TOCA 8 Laps - Megane 4 Laps

08 – Laguna Seca 22 OCTOBER
TOCA 9 Laps - Megane 5 Laps

09 - Indianapolis Road Course 29 OCTOBER
TOCA 8 Laps - Megane 4 Laps [/s]

10 - Nurburgring GP/D 5 NOVEMBER
TOCA 9 Laps - Megane 5 Laps

TOCATUBE - RACE HIGHLIGHTS BY TEAM LOTUS GT5

Last edited:
This will start around end of July... Season 2 is still running at the moment and drawing to its climax...

Looks ace Furi im in if ok with you will do every saturday i can will miss the odd one as i have in season 2 due to my fishing commitments. But if thats cool with you sign me up will test the Focus and the BMW to see whats what but the Volvo is in my garage too so could be an outside choice.👍

I just thought I'd sneak in, a 6th car is being worked on, not the S15 though. Post will be updated as the car is very near to completion...

CALM_DAN BMW. I will test out all the cars but this will more than likely be mine. I may miss the first 2 races because i'm on holiday but can I set up a team?

Last edited:
Teams? I really don't mind to be honest. If enough people want teams we can have a teams championship and independents.

BTW 6th car is RWD...

I'm happy to run as a team or an independent. I'll be DB Motorsports in a BMW at the moment unless the new RWD is better.

Last edited:
I'm happy to run as a team or an independent. I'll be DB Motorsports in a BMW at the moment unless the new RWD is better.

Ok then

I HAVE TO be in the Civic, no questions asked!

But if the 6th car is the Integra then I will drive that.

6th car is not Integra, a completely different manufacturer in fact...

Sounds cool. Put me down for this please. Car TBC.

Good to have you on board!

I would love to take part in this :) sign me up for BMW :)

Welcome 👍

I'm in car TBC that's if everyone don't mind me racing!!!

Haha we'll see.

And apologies for confusion, but custom transmission is allowed. And all cars are pegged back to 305hp.

Last edited:
You can sign me up!:)

Probably Volvo but I will have to test all the cars first. Also, 1 lap at the Ring? You would spend more time qualifying then racing if it ends up like that. Any chance of putting on the extra lap like season 2?

You can sign me up!:)

Probably Volvo but I will have to test all the cars first. Also, 1 lap at the Ring? You would spend more time qualifying then racing if it ends up like that. Any chance of putting on the extra lap like season 2?

Considering that. We have 8 weeks until Season 3 starts anyhow.

akmuq
Also, 1 lap at the Ring? You would spend more time qualifying then racing if it ends up like that. Any chance of putting on the extra lap like season 2?

I hate the ring so much i gave it a miss at the start of season 2 but i'm determined to try it in season 3. Gonna practice my balls off!

Haha we'll see.

Take that as a no then!!

Don't take that seriously. Unless you really cause a major fuss in the last part of Season 2, your in.

Oh, and the 6th car is being revealed shortly as well...

kyotogionf.jpg

kyotogion1d.jpg

kyotogion2k.jpg

The Infiniti G35! RWD, cheap, and my car for Season 3! Ain't she a beauty?

Also if you are entering in a team, can you please specify your team colours (body and rims)

kyotogionf.jpg

kyotogion1d.jpg

kyotogion2k.jpg

The Infiniti G35! RWD, cheap, and my car for Season 3! Ain't she a beauty?

Also if you are entering in a team, can you please specify your team colours (body and rims)

Oooo sexy kept that one quiet hidden gem???:sly:

Don't take that seriously. Unless you really cause a major fuss in the last part of Season 2, your in.

Very shortly.:lol:
20 minutes in fact. Now I'm not sure. I'd prefer that or the Volvo in terms of looks but it all counts on what suits my driving.

Also, I'm presuming that you need to be in the same car as someone else to be teammates with them, or is it just colour of car?

Edit: Matte black and Orange rims taken? I love that colour ever since I laid eyes on the Citroen DS3 sports model.:drool:

Edit 2: Car I used for my Suzuki Swift series
granturismo5001-2.jpg

Last edited:
Very shortly.:lol:
20 minutes in fact. Now I'm not sure. I'd prefer that or the Volvo in terms of looks but it all counts on what suits my driving.

Also, I'm presuming that you need to be in the same car as someone else to be teammates with them, or is it just colour of car?

Edit: Matte black and Orange rims taken? I love that colour ever since I laid eyes on the Citroen DS3 sports model.:drool:

:lol:

Yes you need to be same car and colours as your team mate.

And Matt Black and Orange? Yeah you can have that. All you need now is a team-name.

MrMulsanne

Cause a major fuss!!! All I have done wrong is have a turbo and as for my driving it's not that bad as people have said apart from 2 ppl who moan about everything because they want perfect race! Now come on no race is perfect.
Look at F1... The best drivers in the world! And they never have the perfect race .
Enough said!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back