0/0/0 cars?

United States
MN, USA
sprchrgdn87
why are these so valuable i mean really i have been fiddling around in the market place and i have seen alot of posts with this mentioned. and i dont see the purpose of it. if you get them from the UCD then the wont have 0 miles so y even say it i mean really i can see you not wanting one with a metric S*it tone of miles but still. can someone who collects these explain this to me :yuck:

why are these so valuable i mean really i have been fiddling around in the market place and i have seen alot of posts with this mentioned. and i dont see the purpose of it. if you get them from the UCD then the wont have 0 miles so y even say it i mean really i can see you not wanting one with a metric S*it tone of miles but still. can someone who collects these enplane this to me :yuck:

In the trader's world, the higher of a condition of something, the more valuable it is. Same goes for rarity. In GT5's terms, 0 miles, 0 wins, & 0 switches equals it is never touched, never driven, never won on any event. A car with those kinds of statistics makes the car significantly more valuable, even though it barely influences the car other than 0 miles.

In the trader's world, the higher of a condition of something, the more valuable it is. Same goes for rarity. In GT5's terms, 0 miles, 0 wins, & 0 switches equals it is never touched, never driven, never won on any event. A car with those kinds of statistics makes the car significantly more valuable, even though it barely influences the car other than 0 miles.

yeah GT5 is a breeding ground for obsessive compulsive people

i mean to have every car in the game, in every color, as 0/0/0, i mean jesus...

it seems completely stupid... this is not pokemon you shouldnt want to get them all.... cause half of them are completely worthless!!!!:crazy:

^^

It isn't really stupid, it's to keep the trading system alive and well. Cars w/ miles, switches, and wins is good but cars w/ none of them is even better to many people 👍

can someone who collects these explain this to me :yuck:

Yes, 0 miles because since there is permanent power loss in this game, having a 0 mile car will ensure you get the longest lifespan out of it.

0 switches ensures there were no tuning upgrades and the car is the original factory color, never painted.

For me personally I only collect 0/0 cars because they are available through trading which is a huge part of the game for me. If I wanted a car with miles I can cycle the UCD and buy it myself.

Yes, there is some truth in that statement. :D But people enjoy it. We are all here because we love the game for different reasons. For me personally I will never understand the fascination with photo mode. I respect it though because in the end we are here playing and supporting the same game.

it seems completely stupid... this is not pokemon you shouldnt want to get them all.... cause half of them are completely worthless!!!!:crazy:

To each his own.

why are these so valuable i mean really i have been fiddling around in the market place and i have seen alot of posts with this mentioned. and i dont see the purpose of it. if you get them from the UCD then the wont have 0 miles so y even say it i mean really i can see you not wanting one with a metric S*it tone of miles but still. can someone who collects these explain this to me :yuck:

Hi, The Veyron from the UCD has zero miles on it.

Well it's kind of like in real life, if you had the choice between two indentical cars, one is untouched in mint condition and the other is used and you can't be certain of its quality, which do you choose? I don't care so much about getting cars 0/0/0, but when given the chance I always go for it. I mainly collect unused cars for trading purposes, ie I'm almost done collecting all colors of the 370z with 0/0/0, and once that's done I'll have full 0/0/0 collections of the Academy cars :)

ok u caught me... i am a photo mode person but i dont take pics of every car i own
Why do you take pictures of your cars? That's just stupid.

Some people want 0/0/0 cars. Some folk take pictures. Some folk love license tests and hate endurance races. Some folk love endurance races and hate licenses. Some do this. Some do that other thing. People are different.

No one is right. No one is wrong. Do with the game what you will.

Now do you see, young master? 💡

The thing I find amusing is that if you collect the 0/0/0 cars, then you will have all these cars but will never be able to bring yourself to driving them, thus ruining the 0/0/0. Isn't that kind of like having a virgin supermodel wife/husband that you can never touch?

It's good to have 0/0/0 cars even if you're not a collector. I know there are collectors of these cars who want to have different models in different colors in that condition. So why not benefit from that? I have traded many cars and still trading and I get a lot of cool stuff that I want to have and use (paints, helmets/suits, remote races).

So even if you're not a collector you can make very good use of these cars, like previous posts I'll tell you again to each his own, it's a big game and you can do so many things with it and that's what makes GT5 unique and refreshing from previous GT games. Some people like drag racing some people like drifting, in the end it's just a matter of personal choice and taste. Even if we don't understand it, the least we can do is respect it. :)

Back