ZedTunes' Autumn/Fall Rally Shootout 2011

• Thread starter C-ZETA
  • 544 comments
England
Bromley
V16T91
E0nLeader
MainBanner.png

Welcome to the Inaugural 2011 ZedTunes Rally Shootout!

ShootoutInfo.png

It's time for a big challenge. Can you convert a plain stock road car into a full on rally homologation, built for all three types of terrain - tarmac, dirt and snow?

This will also be a challenge made harder by the fact that you do not pick your own car - rather, you acquire a Rally Base Car ticket, which will then decide your car. However, since not all of the cars in this case are equal, the winner will not be the fastest, but instead the man who can get their car to work best overall on all the rally stages. Therefore, it isn't just about sheer speed but getting the car into a good, driveable state on all three surfaces of racing.

Good luck, and here are the rules and requirements to enter in this shootout.

HowToEnter.png

1. Announce your intentions to enter in this thread.
2. Send either me or GT-HO-FALCON (Milldrum) an FR on PSN.
3. Wait for a gift in your inbox. It will most likely be the Rally Base Car ticket required to enter the shootout. Please bear in mind that due to the limitations on ticket sending, this can take some time. Of course, you could always get one yourself.
4. Receive Rally Base Car ticket, open up.
5. ???
6. Profit!
7. Once you've got the car, PM me on here (or PSN, either will work) and I will PM you back the required specs you need to follow for your car.
8. Get on tuning!

RulesBanner.png

ENSURE YOU READ THESE THROUGH BEFORE ENTERING

You may only submit one tune for the shootout. Make sure that said tune works on all three surfaces before posting on here!
Ensure you follow the required specs for the tune. Posting a tune that has not followed the specs may result in exclusion from the shootout.
Only use the slightest amount of ballast and power limiter you need. Do not go completely overboard with your parts and then use power limiter and ballast because it will affect the performance of your tune directly and will also make it faster and could result in an unfair competition.
The tyres to be used on tarmac are Sports: Medium tyres. Obviously you will need a set of dirt and snow tyres for the shootout.
Certain parts are required for these cars to get a rally feel. These parts are: Aerodynamics (only if applicable), any 'Exhaust' from the Exhaust menu, (completely optional) Low RPM Range Turbo Kit (ignore if you either need more power from the car or don't need any more), Fully Customisable Transmission, Fully Customisable LSD, Torque Distributing Centre Differential (4WD only obviously) and Fully Customisable Suspension. Other parts are optional to use, but again, do not go completely overboard with performance upgrades, just get the bare minimum if you need to add anything on.
No one entering the competition as a tuner will be able to participate as a tester. However, do post times for comparison if you wish.
It is recommended that you put your tune up on share for testers to use. If your car is unable to be hosted, ask someone to host it for you, preferably a tester.
The deadline for submitting tunes will be 27th September, which should be enough time for all tuners to get their Rally Base Car ticket and spend enough time tuning their car. Testing results deadline will be 3rd October.
The winner will be decided by the testers as to who the overall highest drivers choice vote. 'Points' will be awarded to the top 3 tunes in terms of feel from the testers. 1st = 3 points, 2nd = 2 points, 3rd 1 point.
DO NOT attempt to reset the game and reload your save to get a certain car from the ticket. Even if you do try, it will not make a difference as speed is not the main goal to winning the shootout. Resetting for a certain car will result in exclusion from the shootout.
Prize giving will start in advance on 4th October. Bear in mind that the prize is pretty big, so it will take time for all cars to be delivered.
While discussion of the various cars tunes and the methods drivers use in testing as well as their reviews of said car tunes is encouraged, anything viewed as a personal attack on either the car tuner or the driver/reviewer may constitute grounds for disqualification/removal from the contest. Discussion of anything related to the contest is highly encouraged. Personal attacks and bickering/flaming will not be tolerated as this curtails the enjoyment of the community as a whole and could lead to the moderators steping in and closing the contest down. This can be an enjoyable experience for all of us and a possible learning experience. Let's have fun and be respectful of others.

TesterRewards.png

The overall winner will receive 10, completely 0/0 rally cars from this list here (obviously not the untradeable ones though) plus a Historic Rally Car ticket.
2nd place overall will receive 5 cars from above list plus 30 random gear items.
3rd place overall will receive 2 cars from above list plus 7 random 'rare' paints.
The fastest overall car (outside the top 3) and the fastest tester will also receive one random car from the above list.
All participating testers will receive a random ticket.

Please remember that the different prizes can only be received by one person. Priority of cars gets chosen in order posted.

TrackBanner.png

As a rally shootout, you will be required to test out on all three different terrain types. The tracks allowed for all the terrain types are:

Tarmac:
Trial Mountain Circuit
Eiger Nordwand Short Track
Tokyo Bay Kart Track courses
Mt Aso Tarmac courses
Toscana Tarmac courses

Gravel:
Toscana
Eiger Nordwand K/G/W Trail
Liege Gravel courses

Snow:
Chamonix and any variants
Alaska Snow courses

The minimum length of a test should be 1.50km or 0.93 miles. The max length of a test should be 48 km or 29.82 miles. (These are the shortest and longest stage lengths respectively from last year's WRC so I've decided to use them)

Deadline.png

The deadline for all tuners to submit their tune is 27th September.
The deadline for all testers to send in their times is 3rd October.

Good luck in the shootout and have fun tuning out there!​

Tuners -
CSLACR - Lancia Stratos '73
XDesperado67 - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI RS T.M. '00
GfxJG - Mini Cooper S '05
Jackthalad - Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi Spec C RA '05
VTiRoj - Alpine A110 1600S '73
krenkme - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution V GSR '98
Rotary Junkie - Alpine A110 1600S '73
CyKosis1973 - Peugeot 206 S16 '99
dr_slump - Mitsubishi CZ3 Tarmac '01
praiano63 - Mini Cooper S '05

Testers -
C-ZETA - Testing results
Onboy123 - Testing results
NascarManiaco99 - Testing results
ryangt - Testing results

Last edited:
Aargh, damn! Should have put in the tuners/testers form up top there. I wanted to be in charge of it :(

I would enter, as always, but I'm very cautious as this is rally, and people who have raced rally with me online know why this is a bad idea...

I don't know what to enter as. :confused:
I'll wait a day or two and see how many tunes need tested, maybe a limit on tune entries to accommodate test drivers?

I'll wait a day or two and see how many tunes need tested, maybe a limit on tune entries to accommodate test drivers?

I'm not really wanting to put a limit down on tune entries. I wanna see if I can get as many potential rally cars done as possible, even if the testers get more of a workload.

Fine. I'll take a stab at being tester. Hopefully I won't suffer from super brain fart like last time (Sooo sorry CSLACR:guilty:)

I'm not really wanting to put a limit down on tune entries. I wanna see if I can get as many potential rally cars done as possible, even if the testers get more of a workload.
I see your point, put me down as a tuner, I need a break from test driving. :lol:

Fine. I'll take a stab at being tester. Hopefully I won't suffer from super brain fart like last time (Sooo sorry CSLACR:guilty:)
Nah, we'll come find ya in your spam threads of text messages. :P

Your Rally Base Car ticket has been sent, good sir. PM when you can to tell me what you have inside it :D
Thanks, will be a few hours until I can get back to you as I'm currently at work. Knowing my luck though it will probably be one of those insane French MR cars in which case I'm 🤬 🤬 before I start.:D

Also make sure you add CSLACR to the OP as a tuner.

Thanks, will be a few hours until I can get back to you as I'm currently at work. Knowing my luck though it will probably be one of those insane French MR cars in which case I'm 🤬 🤬 before I start.:D

It's worse than that, it's a RR. A wallbanger RR is as insane as a 1000+hp AMG Merc on CH tyres :lol:

It's worse than that, it's a RR. A wallbanger RR is as insane as a 1000+hp AMG Merc on CH tyres :lol:

The 5 Turbo is MR, the C4 and 206 are FF and the Alpine is RR :lol: If he could get a 205 Turbo 16 though (even though it's not on the current list for obtainables in the sticky) then that's 4WD and he will be saved.

I wish you could get an Alpine A310 though. I've always wanted a rally car that I could christen 'Misato' :lol:

Also make sure you add CSLACR to the OP as a tuner.

Done. Somehow I missed that :boggled: Sorry CSL, you will get a Rally Base tomorrow.

Hey the German gecko is a nice smooth drive, just not what one would call fast.:lol:
The 5 Turbo is MR, the C4 and 206 are FF and the Alpine is RR :lol: If he could get a 205 Turbo 16 though (even though it's not on the current list for obtainables in the sticky) then that's 4WD and he will be saved.
I wish you could get an Alpine A310 though. I've always wanted a rally car that I could christen 'Misato' :lol:
FF would be fantastic especially the C4 as I have some experience there already.:sly:
Actually hoping for an early 80s 4wd or FR like the '84 Mitsubishi which most likely means I have no chance.:lol:

When I determine the car can I use one I already have with miles on it and save the 0/0 car or do I have to use the car from the ticket?

FF would be fantastic especially the C4 as I have some experience there already.:sly:
Actually hoping for an early 80s 4wd or FR like the '84 Mitsubishi which most likely means I have no chance.:lol:

I already have a C4 of my own to use but it is actually a full mod in disguise.

And according to the list of cars you can get, the 80s 4WD or FR's you could get are limited to the Mitsubishi Lancer EX 1800GSR IC Turbo '83 or Toyota CELICA 2000GT-FOUR (ST165) '86. There might be more out there but I don't really know.

Give me a day or two to have a quick thrash with some cars. If you though I was bad at the Indy Speedway, you ain't seen me round a rally track yet..!!

Don't know why I'm so bad at GT rally, I've played many rally games and done alright. This could be a chance to learn, either by building a car or driving others...

{Cy}

I already have a C4 of my own to use but it is actually a full mod in disguise.

And according to the list of cars you can get, the 80s 4WD or FR's you could get are limited to the Mitsubishi Lancer EX 1800GSR IC Turbo '83 or Toyota CELICA 2000GT-FOUR (ST165) '86. There might be more out there but I don't really know.
The Ford RS200 isn't one of the available cars?

@Onboy you have any feedback for me yet on either the car I sent you or the PM about possibilities for it?

@Onboy you have any feedback for me yet on either the car I sent you or the PM about possibilities for it?

It could be but it isn't on the list for available cars, so I'm not entirely sure...don't put it off your list though.

It could be but it isn't on the list for available cars, so I'm not entirely sure...don't put it off your list though.
Oh well if by some stroke of luck I get the '83 Mitsubishi I'll be in heaven. One of the very few Mitsubishis I actually like!

Not that I do much rally stuff but the 1800GS, RS200 and Lancia Delta are my three favorites.

I'm going to drive it soon, I have to just settle something with my review team first. That said, I did give it a run and had the scare of a lifetime! I turned into the first corners of the TGTT, expecting a MX-5, but instead it was a Ruf BTR! :eek: Safe to say, I very promptly crashed the first time round.

I'm going to drive it soon, I have to just settle something with my review team first. That said, I did give it a run and had the scare of a lifetime! I turned into the first corners of the TGTT, expecting a MX-5, but instead it was a Ruf BTR! :eek: Safe to say, I very promptly crashed the first time round.
Hmm was that online or off? It probably Oversteers online currently as I haven't sorted it there yet.

Alright, I made up my mind. I'm going to enter this challenge. This is one I in no way expect to win though.

EDIT: As a tuner BTW.

:lol: that's the really funny/scary bit, it was offline!
Odd as I did a lot of its current tuning using the Compact car seasonal where I was smoking the field even with SS tires.:confused: Had good turn in and cornering for me just very quick and responsive to steering inputs.

Back