can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
pmcheaderwk43.jpg

Further explanation of the theme, provided by Sam48:

"For this weeks theme, I want to see history recreated in GT. And not just automotive history,
but any event in history that happened to have a car in it. Whether it be a memorable race
at Lemans, a cool movie you might have seen, or even the invasion of Poland!
If it had a car involved, you can recreate it. "

CARS: Any
LOCATIONS: Any
PHOTOTRAVEL: Yes
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: See above

gtppmcrulesc02.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, send me a Private Message.
This Thread will answer many possible questions you may have.

• It is recommended you host your image on ImageShack, Photobucket, or Flickr.
  • Not sure how to post a thumbnail or preview image? Read this sticky!
  • Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it;
    it makes poll creation much easier!

• No post-GT5 editing, besides proportionally resize and rotate, is allowed.
    [*]One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a comp.
    [*]Do not ask other users to choose your entry.
    [*]Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text. On H2H weeks, which side, as well.
    [*]You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and
    either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
    [*]When submitting, use either a thumbnail or a preview image, linked to the full-sizer.
    [*]Preview images can not exceed 500 pixels in either direction.
    [*]A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
    [*]Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
    [*]Winner gets to choose the following week's theme, as well as the Top 25. Every fourth
    week, the poll will be H2H style: entries must choose a "team", leading to two 12-picture,
    4-day polls. The winners from each faces off in a final 48 hour poll.
    [*]Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
    [*]The Host may ask for the original image and it must be submitted if so.
    It's recommended to save the original image (preferably in-game) until week's ends.
Failure to follow these rules will result in ignored entries and/or disqualification!

gtppmcdeadline02.jpg

[14.00 GMT]

Final Entry (May be subject to change.)

In honor of the Lancia Stratos. Arguably the greatest Lancia ever made.​

Last edited:
well, I might not have made the 25 of choice for week 42, but I'll try again. I have a question, can i stretch the meaning of "movie" to anything? kinda like an anime? (japanese cartoon for those who don't know), something like Initial D? ;) If so:

Final Entry

Special Stage Route 5_1 by ANGELSFAN14, on Flickr

Well, this is supposed to be like Initial D, between the RX-7 and AE86, probably the favorites of the show. Also, a cool thing about this is that the smoke plus the darkness fade out the background, so it looks like their actually racing at night on a mountain pass, like in the show.

Though, its usually the AE86 in front, so, I couldn't find any pictures of the RX-7 in front (by the way, later on in the anime, the AE86 gets a carbon fiber hood, this picture is some sort of promotional picture for the beginning of the first season).

Last edited:
well, I might not have made the 25 of choice for week 42, but I'll try again. I have a question, can i stretch the meaning of "movie" to anything? kinda like an anime? (japanese cartoon for those who don't know), something like Initial D? ;)

Don't worry about how particular it is. Remember, it can be any event ever (So yes, yours counts). That leaves a lot a head way. If you think it helps, you can state what you're re-creating. Sorry if the theme's a bit difficult to follow.​

Final Entry

Poort van Ahrweiler_5 by ThijsAbc, on Flickr

Eleanor.

The Ford Mustang Mach 1 was the car used in the best car movie of all times; Gone in 60 seconds.
And now I'm not talking about the one with Nicholas Cage in it. I'm talking about the original one from 1974.
The movie ended with a 45 minute long car chase.
Best. Movie. Ever.

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY​

The legend

The Volkswagen Type 1, widely known as the Volkswagen Beetle and Volkswagen Bug, is an economy car produced by the German auto maker Volkswagen (VW) from 1938 until 2003. With over 21 million manufactured[6] in an air-cooled, rear-engined, rear-wheel drive configuration, the Beetle is the longest-running and most-manufactured automobile of a single design platform anywhere in the world. Quoted from Wikipedia.​

Last edited:
I´ve seen recently the movie Swordfish, with John Travolta, and remembered the chase scene with the TVR. Honestly don´t remember any other ideas, except from Fast and Furious movies...:indiff:

final entry​

(click for big)

FINAL ENTRY

Ickx-treme: Chasing the field
24 h of Le Mans, 1969:

The Ford GT40 Gulf Team Design (plate No. 6)
that Jacky Ickx drove with Jackie Oliver was an obsolete car,
outperformed by the new Porsche 917 but also by the older Porsche 908 and
the new generation of 3-litre prototypes from Ferrari, Matra and Alfa Romeo.
As Ickx was opposed to the traditional Le Mans start which he considered to be dangerous,
he slowly walked across the track to his machine, instead of running.
He locked the safety belt carefully and thus was the last to start the race, chasing the field.
Ickx won the race by the smallest of competitive margins ever,
with less than 120 yards (110 m) between the two cars…
Since then, traditional Le Mans Starts can be seen at traditional events only.
For more information see wikipedia and RSC

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

The Tommy Makinen Edition of the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution being developed off the beaten path, moving towards the future of rally.

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

19 April 2005: Fastest road-legal production car, 253 mph @ Ehra-Lessien​

Final Entry
Crossing the line at 17:00 on Sunday, 18 June 2006. The number 8 Audi R10 TDI (Turbocharged Diesel Injection) was the first diesel car to win Le Mans 24 hours, beating the second place Pescarolo C60 Hybrid by four laps (Fun fact: Sebastien Loeb was one of the drivers in this 2nd place car)

Driving this landmark car were two germans Frank Biela and Marco Werner and an Italian Emanuele Pirro
here they are. Audi also managed to gain third place finish in their second number 7 car nine laps behind the Pescarolo sport team.

Audi's main advantage was their vastly increased range, meaning they spent more time out on track between stops for fuel and the diesel engines wider power band, however they were handicapped by a much heavier engine weight and lower rotational speeds than the conventional petrol engines they were racing against.

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

A homage to Henri Toivonen (and his S4), who's death in the twisty roads at Corsica changed Rallying forever.

That's history, right? :confused:

Last edited:
final entry

Where would the 80's have been without this seminal icon?

"The car that made 'history' the future.... I mean the 'future' history...erm I mean made 'history' the future of history????... Ohhhh I gonna leave this one to you Doc' :sly:

Final Entry
Aderrrm beat me to it with the Veyron but I'll post mine anyhow for now

November 2006 Captain Slow (James May) takes the Veyron to it's top speed again at Ehra-Lessien.

LOL, I can see the number of possible ideas dwindling, I've considered most of these as potential options (I still wonder if it's possible to get the CLK to do a backflip).

Good work with the interpretations so far! I'd better get mine in before someone thinks of what I'm going to do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back