POLL: 2.0 Advanced Competition: Week 42 - COUNTRY POLL (WINNER: Leicht)

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 24 comments

THEME: City vs Country

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlipZtrEm

can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
apmcheaderwk42.jpg

Further explanation of the theme, provided by chromatic9:

Will it be the speed-rush of an inner-city blast, or the flowing roads of the country
for you this week? Chromatic judges another H2H theme, and for this, he wants you to
pick one of the above. He also adds:

"Please try not to include track elements as much as you can. Nurburgring and some others
can be shot to look like a country road. Trial Mountain has been left out because I don't
want any pics under those trees. I looked at others but didn't like Autumn Ring etc. I
wanted to leave it up to you to manipulate any track but SlipZ wanted a list so please
don't ask why or can I use a track not on the list, thanks."

CARS: Any
LOCATIONS: City: City tracks tab. Country: See list here
PHOTOTRAVEL: No
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: See above

gtpapmcrulesh02.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, send me a Private Message.
  • Do not vote for your own entry.
    [*]Do not try to sway the poll.
    [*]In the event of a tie, a 24 hour poll is created.
    [*]In the event of a second tie, Judge's vote is the deciding factor.
    [*]Please, view each image in it's full size, before voting.
    [*]Poll consists of the Judge's favourite 15 images. For H2H weeks, 8 per poll.
gtpapmcdeadline02.jpg

Competition News:

I should point this out now, in this poll, that a lot of images were cut from the Country side. My guess puts the ratio of Country to City at about 3:1, meaning you stood a much better chance of making it to poll if you chose City. Please do keep this in mind, as Chromey had his hands tied in regards to poll size - a lot of fantastic shots just didn't have the space.

If attendance continues to be so high after the next week or so, we may see a return to the larger poll sizes.

...why do you think I entered on the other side? ;)

I can't decide which of these gets my vote though, as they're all absolutely great. I can't even say which I'm leaning towards, since I could come back in an hour and have a different answer. Seriously fantastic work to everyone, not just those who made poll :)

Poop. :( I thought I had a chance (even though this side had much more entries) :P

I'm surprised you didn't make it. Things along this thought appear every week, but I liked you entry more than some who made it. But that's just my 2¢. Still, nothing short of fantastic entries everyone.

Poop. :( I thought I had a chance (even though this side had much more entries) :P

It was in short list and just missed out. I really wanted to pick it but I couldn't leave any of the above even though you may feel yours is better.

It was in short list and just missed out. I really wanted to pick it but I couldn't leave any of the above even though you may feel yours is better.

Fair enough. :)

I'm just bummed out I can't use it for any other competitions now. :(

Not dissapointed at all this week. My focus was on the Tournament Entry anyways :P
Great Pics up there:tup: and there were many more in the open thread! :crazy:

The two LFA shots are out of this "GT5" world! wow:drool:
Also, the mood and feeling the SLS and F40 shots create are perfect for this theme!!!👍

btw, that was my try:

I should stop playing around with those white blurs though:lol:

Last edited:
A great poll for the country side.
It was hard to choose between Gtuned and ceiling_fan but in the end, the beautiful mountains of Japan got my vote 👍

Oh damn! :drool:👍

I can't believe this didn't get in the poll. It's simply gorgeous. Be proud of this one fella 👍

Cheers guys! :D

rpanico14, again I like it, probably less so than others and around 12-14th place. I liked your California picture better, to me it was more interesting. Your new one seemed a little bland ultimately. In the poll, the 4th pic I really like the composition and colous, very artistic vibe. 5th one I love the authenticity and feeling of motion captured through the angle, really driving feel. the 3rd pic is simple but works well with the cars colour and offers a superb desert feel and doesn't shout its GT5. The black LFA, love the dark musky country road, bags of atmosphere. I just couldn't leave these out and there's not enough places.

I think calling it bland it is a little harsh, but I agree the poll is very strong and I know I can it make it every week. Glad you like the Cali pick, but personally it didn't really shout 'country' to me, and I think in that respect my changed entry did :)

Another thing I don't like is its the exact same camera location and zoom that I've seen literally 10,000 times since 2007 in GT5P. I know others will think immediately its clever and deserves to be in.

eiger.png

Sorry, its decent, well executed but just doesn't do it for me.

Last edited:
Woah, I didn't expect Leicht to run away from 90relax like that, but great shots never the less. 👍

Gtuned got my vote - at first I wasn't sure of it, because of the angle of the F40, but the more I looked, the more I liked it. The beautiful tones of the sky helped too.

There were literally 5 different shots I almost voted for. This is a fantastic poll, and if I do hang onto my lead in the other one, I'd be fine with losing to any of them :)

Thank you for those who voted me...I never dreamed being in the final pole with SlipZtrEm, the veteren :dopey:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back