CLOSED: POLL: The Photomode Tournament - Season 2: First Round - 2.0

Photomode Tournament - 2.0

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Portugal
Lisboa

headerjg.jpg

First round of the Photomode Tournament. Make sure you understand the theme requirements of your match.
You can see each dashboard update by clicking in either PMC or 2.0

[Click to raise dashboard]

20match1.jpg

Show MR car(s) (Mid-engine; Rear-wheel drive)
CARS: Any MR car
LOCATIONS: Any
PHOTOTRAVEL: Yes
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: Car(s) must be mid-engine, rear-wheel drive.

20match2.jpg

Show me some passion, show me red car(s).
CARS: Any
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: Car(s) must be Red

20match3.jpg

Take a picture of a race car, highlighting one or more of the sponsor decals.
CARS: Any car with sponsor decals.
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: See above.

20match4.jpg

Lower your suspension height to a minimum.
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: Car suspension must be low.

20match5.jpg

Bring your favorite car to the mighty track of Top Gear and show your best!!!
LOCATIONS: Top gear track
PHOTOTRAVEL: No
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: See above.

20match6.jpg

A picture from any of the Season Event currently available
CARS: Any from season event
LOCATIONS: Any from season event
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: Both car and track combination must be from a season event.

20match7.jpg

Show of the mighty German engineering in any German Track/Location
CARS: German Car(s)
LOCATIONS: German Location(s)
PHOTOTRAVEL: Ahrweiler Only
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: See Above

20match8.jpg

CCShaft7 - Must take a shot of any Tunning car(s) in a city circuit;
Benmastaw00t - Must take a shot of any Touring car(s) in a world circuit;
CARS: Tunning or Touring cars
LOCATIONS: City or World circuits
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: See Above

rulesq.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification.
If you have any questions, please, send me a Private Message or READ THIS.

• Be reminded that this is a multiple choice poll. You can vote in as many entries you want;
  • Do not vote on your entry;
  • Do not try to sway the poll;
  • In the event of a tie, host vote will decide;
  • Please, view each image in it's full size, before voting;

deadline.jpg

Last edited:
Holy cow :drool:

Awesome entries. That was just about the hardest decisions I've had to make in any tournament.

👍

First of all: Incredible entries everyone 👍

Now little recaps for every match:

(I´ll leave first theme out :sly:)

Theme Red: As the votes have been incredibly difficult for me, this was an easier one. Sure, both suited the theme, but the red Corvette pic seeems to have way more red in it. Probably due to the filter choice. That´s the reason why I voted for it.

Theme Sponsored by: Awfully hard to choose. Both are looking incredibly stunning, perfectly excuted. I was impressed by the partial colour filtering of the Focus pic, but it didn´t really made the difference for me. When I´m thinking of a "sponsored by" TV ad, I could imagine the Michelin ad better than the Abu Dhabi ad. So my vote goes to Michelin.

Theme Low Ride: Very interesting approaches, both pics very different. Rev put way more effort into composition, angle, filter etc. whereas Johan nailed the theme down into a picture. In the end, I decided for Rev, because it´s so beautiful to look at. I miss that passion for the right picture settings in GT_johans picture. I might add, it was again very difficult for me.

Theme Top Gear Track Day: Thank god I didn´t have to do this theme :dopey: Thinking of a track day, mitch´s pic looks more like burning down some rubber, having fun, let the car go flat out. So I thought it fitted a bit more than Fido´s pic, which is also looking phenomenal but it rather gave me the impression, the Stig would test Ferrari´s latest prancing horse than having a track day there.

Theme Seasonal Events: The theme everyone was waiting for :P And holy cow, these pictures look awesome :crazy:👍 Almost identical in terms of editing. So on this side, both were equal to me, what made the difference was the feeling, whether this could have been a seasonal event picture or not. Moglet might have chosen the right one, because the Mini´s Seasonal is still in my mind. Nanabu´s pic could be right out of Arcade mode. I´m missing the reminder, that it was a Seasonal.

Theme Deutsch Engineering: This was a bit more easier to choose. When thinking of a German Car Manufacturer, two will come immediately to your mind: Mercedes and BMW. Looking back at the history, that Mercedes has had, Klaus_PSU made not only the better choice of car for me, but also he had a bit more action in it. Both cars were drifting, but the lack of track detail in Ciniculusxoneo´s pic (whoa, what a difficult name to write :dunce: Can we get you a shorter nickname? :P) made the difference for me.

Theme Tuning vs Touring: Typical Ben shot I´d say, but it pays off, it looks dramatic, the driver seems to give everything he´s got in his machine, pushing to the very limit, that´s what touring car championships are standing for. CCShaft´s pic was also brilliantly excuted, tunnel shot with a Tuner and the cool filter enforced the "Underground" feeling. But in the end, I liked Ben´s shot more, just a matter of my own taste. Sorry CCShaft :indiff:

By the way, am I the only one who votes for the themes he likes? :P

EDIT: This is just my own point of view.

Last edited:
More great entries, I really had to debate where to vote for some matches

my entry is aimed tot he supercar seasonal event ,.. for me the citroen-gt is the very only supercar in the game , but it is just my POV :)

my entry is aimed tot he supercar seasonal event ,.. for me the citroen-gt is the very only supercar in the game , but it is just my POV :)

I didn´t intend to critizise, I just wanted to point out why I gave my vote ;) Also, it´s only my own point of of view. People might have other reasons for voting than I have, that´s fine :)

Heaps of stunning entries here. Next round will be very hard for those that make it through.

I didn´t intend to critizise, I just wanted to point out why I gave my vote ;) Also, it´s only my own point of of view. People might have other reasons for voting than I have, that´s fine :)

critizizim is good mate, but i have just explained why this car xD no offense to you :)

dankeschöön

Theme Sponsored by: Awfully hard to choose. Both are looking incredibly stunning, perfectly excuted. I was impressed by the partial colour filtering of the Focus pic, but it didn´t really made the difference for me. When I´m thinking of a "sponsored by" TV ad, I could imagine the Michelin ad better than the Abu Dhabi ad. So my vote goes to Michelin.

I actually hadn't thought of that! :P But cheers regardless that I did not get your vote. :cheers:

I appreciate Wallbreaker's reviews.
It's just his own POV and no one should feel himself attacked.
I wish there were more critics like him.
Aren't we all to learn about the impact of our entries?

Last edited:
Spot on, Wallbreaker! I guess we voted for the exact same pics because of the same reasons :)👍 EDIT: except the banners lol...

Last edited:
Where is bmxmitch?
Maybe a champ sleeps a night on voting before he paces to the election :)

@Klaus: LOL 👍 Standard cars FTW! Good job on your composition, I'm not at all disappointed about succumbing to such a worthy entry. And having said that, I think of all the obvious possibilities we came up with two very similar approaches. I'm curious about your editing - did you modify the car or is the standardness just more apparent with a dark paint job? It kind of looks like a median almost.

When thinking of a German Car Manufacturer, two will come immediately to your mind: Mercedes and BMW.

My first thought upon seeing the theme: "There is no way I'm entering a Bimmer." In fact I had something already that was pretty much perfect for the theme, but decided against it because I didn't want the obvious shot-of-an-M3-on-the-Nordschleife.

Overall I am reasonably happy with my entry, and although I didn't have much time to spend composing something beautiful I think the way I edited it gives it a certain appeal.

And congratulations to everyone, I think there are a lot of very good looking shots here - although I have to admit that while voting I found myself torn between them and the ones that suited the theme just a little bit better.

Can we get you a shorter nickname?

It's pronounced Supercaligragilisticexpialidociousciniculusxoneo :lol:

@Klaus: LOL 👍 Standard cars FTW! Good job on your composition, I'm not at all disappointed about succumbing to such a worthy entry. And having said that, I think of all the obvious possibilities we came up with two very similar approaches. I'm curious about your editing - did you modify the car or is the standardness just more apparent with a dark paint job? It kind of looks like a median almost.

Thanks Ciniculusxoneo :D

Prior to seeing the poll results, I was really concerned. I thought you might have picked up more votes already.

About the editing, I think the reason the car looks so "standard" is the fact that the front is actually a tad out of focus and I tried to fix that up with a bit of sharpening 👍 Also, dark coloured paints aren't the best at showing off standard cars, because dark colours are so damn reflective!

I find it interesting that both of us had such a similar idea about German cars.... clearly they're good to drift :lol:

Holy cow :drool:

Awesome entries. That was just about the hardest decisions I've had to make in any tournament.

👍
absolutely!!!👍 Took me now 20mins at work to go through all them and watch every single one in full-view over and over (glad my boss isn't at work right now:P)
Damn Mitchy, you're good...
haha, thanks Fido.:cheers:
But damn I was surprised after voting that I lead that far already.:eek: I don't think mine is much better than yours! Good work from you! Really like the sense of speed. Thats what I couldn't really achieve on the boring test track....YOU nailed it!👍
Theme Top Gear Track Day: Thank god I didn´t have to do this theme :dopey: Thinking of a track day, mitch´s pic looks more like burning down some rubber, having fun, let the car go flat out. So I thought it fitted a bit more than Fido´s pic, which is also looking phenomenal but it rather gave me the impression, the Stig would test Ferrari´s latest prancing horse than having a track day there.

thanks alot mate! Really a nice read and a great review. If I find the time, I will try to do it too....;)
Wallbreaker
By the way, am I the only one who votes for the themes he likes? :P
nope, did that too:P

Where is bmxmitch?
Maybe a champ sleeps a night on voting before he paces to the election :)

A Champ?:scared: It's still a long way to get there:sly:
But yeah, I wasn't at home till 11pm. Went to the Theater with my girl and went to bed right after it. But I thought a few times in the Theater..."will the poll be up already?" "What will Fido's pic look like" etc.
:lol:

and btw, EPIC POLL and awesome work everyone!:bowdown::eek:👍

I actually hadn't thought of that! :P But cheers regardless that I did not get your vote. :cheers:

Until I thought of it, I couldn´t decide for one of them, they are both looking :drool: But in the end, I had to decide for one, but there had to be some argument, and there it was ;)

I appreciate Wallbreaker's reviews.
It's just his own POV and no one should feel himself attacked.
I wish there were more critics like him.
Aren't we all to learn about the impact of our entries?

If someone feels offended, PM me.

Spot on, Wallbreaker! I guess we voted for the exact same pics because of the same reasons :)👍 EDIT: except the banners lol...

HA! :P

My first thought upon seeing the theme: "There is no way I'm entering a Bimmer." In fact I had something already that was pretty much perfect for the theme, but decided against it because I didn't want the obvious shot-of-an-M3-on-the-Nordschleife.

Overall I am reasonably happy with my entry, and although I didn't have much time to spend composing something beautiful I think the way I edited it gives it a certain appeal.

And congratulations to everyone, I think there are a lot of very good looking shots here - although I have to admit that while voting I found myself torn between them and the ones that suited the theme just a little bit better.

You know, that´s the good thing about POV. Everyone else might think different. For me it just didn´t work, for others it did. ;)

It's pronounced Supercaligragilisticexpialidociousciniculusxoneo :lol:

:dunce:

Thanks for the feedback, Wallbreaker! 👍 I'm surprised that my shot is leading by so much, nanabu's photo is totally unique compared to my '45 degree angle in portrait' shot that is a clone of 99% of my previous photos! :lol:

I wanted to do something totally different for my entry but I didn't have the time in the end. The photo you see up there was shot and edited within an hour, so I had to give up on the original ideas and play it safe. But I'm glad people like it. :)

Thanks for the feedback, Wallbreaker! 👍 I'm surprised that my shot is leading by so much, nanabu's photo is totally unique compared to my '45 degree angle in portrait' shot that is a clone of 99% of my previous photos! :lol:

I wanted to do something totally different for my entry but I didn't have the time in the end. The photo you see up there was shot and edited within an hour, so I had to give up on the original ideas and play it safe. But I'm glad people like it. :)

If we meet in the next round, you can try something different then! Maybe something not as good as usual!:P

Latest Posts

Back