can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
pmcheaderwk44.jpg

Further explanation of the theme, provided by first-time winner Nads:

"I want to see some photos which capture the definition of what a 'Tuner' or 'Muscle'
car really is. Highlighting the fact that both are often heavily modified. Will it be the
Japanese tuners or the American Muscle to take the prize?"

CARS: Any Japanese OR American car
LOCATIONS: Any
PHOTOTRAVEL: No
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: See above

gtppmcrulesh02.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, send me a Private Message.
This Thread will answer many possible questions you may have.

• It is recommended you host your image on ImageShack, Photobucket, or Flickr.
  • Not sure how to post a thumbnail or preview image? Read this sticky!
  • Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it;
    it makes poll creation much easier!

• No post-GT5 editing, besides proportionally resize and rotate, is allowed.
    [*]One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a comp.
    [*]Do not ask other users to choose your entry.
    [*]Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text. On H2H weeks, which side, as well.
    [*]You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and
    either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
    [*]When submitting, use either a thumbnail or a preview image, linked to the full-sizer.
    [*]Preview images can not exceed 500 pixels in either direction.
    [*]A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
    [*]Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
    [*]Winner gets to choose the following week's theme, as well as the Top 25. Every fourth
    week, the poll will be H2H style: entries must choose a "team", leading to two 12-picture,
    4-day polls. The winners from each faces off in a final 48 hour poll.
    [*]Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
    [*]The Host may ask for the original image and it must be submitted if so.
    It's recommended to save the original image (preferably in-game) until week's ends.
Failure to follow these rules will result in ignored entries and/or disqualification!

gtppmcdeadline02.jpg

[14.00 GMT]

I'd argue that that's a sports car, but the rules are any american car so you could technically enter a Delorean if you wanted to.

And you're saying that because this isn't a car made in the sixties or seventies?
This is just a new version of a musclecar.

If the judge thinks it's not one, I'd happily change my enty 👍

And you're saying that because this isn't a car made in the sixties or seventies?
This is just a new version of a musclecar.

If the judge thinks it's not one, I'd happily change my enty 👍

No, to be a muscle car it needs to be big, cheap and powerful. The ZR1 is plenty powerful, but it's not very cheap and is fairly compact.

The Dodge Challenger SRT8, Chevy Camaro SS, and the Ford Mustang GT500 are all modern muscle cars.

No, to be a muscle car it needs to be big, cheap and powerful. The ZR1 is plenty powerful, but it's not very cheap and is fairly compact.

The Dodge Challenger SRT8, Chevy Camaro SS, and the Ford Mustang GT500 are all modern muscle cars.

Its an interesting point that I have thought about numerous times. What is a modern muscle car? Sure the ones you listed, but they're all re-imaginings of old muscle cars.

Will definitely get an entry for this, love old muscle cars. A hint as to which side I'll be entering. :D

I'll just wait for the judge to decide if the ZR1 is a muscle car or not.

As much as a great photo yours is, i would have to say it leans towards the sports car family. That said, i reckon it would be best to change so it fits definitely in the muscle category. 👍

Sorry i didn't include a list, i just haven't got the time to put down all potential vehicles; i think that even though i put down many car options, the description should steer most people into a smaller selection of cars. :)

FINAL ENTRY​

6184623446_1175e760a0.jpg
[/url]
55333509 por Richar Afume, en Flickr[/CENTER][/IMG]

That goes with yours aswell Ric. It may be a valid picture but because its classed as a race car it may not get into the poll.

So for those who may not know; tuners are production cars, not race cars.:sly:

Some great pics up, look forward to many more 👍

As much as a great photo yours is, i would have to say it leans towards the sports car family. That said, i reckon it would be best to change so it fits definitely in the muscle category. 👍

Sorry i didn't include a list, i just haven't got the time to put down all potential vehicles; i think that even though i put down many car options, the description should steer most people into a smaller selection of cars. :)

Ah, thanks!
I'll get back to making a new picture then :sly:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back