CLOSED: POLL: The Photomode Competition: Week 43 (WINNER: Primus Ortus)

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 29 comments

THEME: History Lessons

• [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/rpanico14/6167457260/in/photostream/lightbox][img]http://farm7.sta

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [url=http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/8860/pmcwk43slipztrem01.jpg][img]http://img839.imageshack.us

• [url=http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/6938/29655309.jpg][IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/wldj5e.jpg[/IM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlipZtrEm

can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
pmcheaderwk43.jpg

Further explanation of the theme, provided by Sam48:

"For this weeks theme, I want to see history recreated in GT. And not just automotive history,
but any event in history that happened to have a car in it. Whether it be a memorable race at
Lemans, a cool movie you might have seen, or even the invasion of Poland!
If it had a car involved, you can recreate it. "

CARS: Any
LOCATIONS: Any
PHOTOTRAVEL: Yes
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: See above

gtppmcrulesc02.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, send me a Private Message.
  • Do not vote for your own entry.
    [*]Do not try to sway the poll.
    [*]In the event of a tie, a 24 hour poll is created.
    [*]In the event of a second tie, Judge's vote is the deciding factor.
    [*]Please, view each image in it's full size, before voting.
    [*]Poll consists of the Judge's favourite 25 images. For H2H weeks, 12 per poll.
gtppmcdeadline02.jpg

The reason some entry's that had better composition did not make it was because they did not follow the theme. For example, many pictures had a well composed picture of a car with a brief history regarding that car below it. That's fine, but the event you captured in your picture was not a "real event".

The reason some entry's that had better composition did not make it was because they did not follow the theme. For example, many pictures had a well composed picture of a car with a brief history regarding that car below it. That's fine, but the event you captured in your picture was not a "real event".

As expected, huge thanks for the quick answer. 👍

Great stuff! I would like to vote for at least 5 of the entries above...This poll consists of a lot of nice captures! 👍

LOL but a TVR labelled as Batmobile is :confused:

And the first picture doesn't even say an event!

Many entries here do not use the exact same car. Although the TVR was a stretch, he captured the essence of what he was pursuing and projected it well, in my opinion.

Well, presumably, it's the 1966 24 hours of lemans. :rolleyes:

Many entries here do not use the exact same car. Although the TVR was a stretch, he captured the essence of what he was pursuing and projected it well, in my opinion.

Well, presumably, it's the 1966 24 hours of lemans. :rolleyes:

The Jaguar XJ13 never competed in Le Mans. It never even raced at all.

And did mine fit your description?
6161381098_76f88f7a1b.jpg

I had no description, but the Lancia DID race. I'll try for PMC week 44 then :grumpy:

My apologies. I, and presumably whoever entered that, were completely oblivious to that minor detail. Ultimately, however, that was my fault.

I had no description, but the Lancia DID race.

Yes, your's did fit the theme. But if it makes you feel any better, it probably wasn't going to be my second choice had the Jag not been chosen for the poll.

It was tested extensively though. As the only car in the shot that probably means it works. Although the more accurate moment of time probably would have been to get it on the High Speed Ring sliding sideways, moments before it was crashed quite comprehensively before later being restored.

Yes, your's did fit the theme. But if it makes you feel any better, it probably wasn't going to be my second choice had the Jag not been chosen for the poll.

I wasn't really expecting a poll this week, I had my shot taken in 15 minutes. There were many great shots that were ABSOLUTELY better than mine, as they had either more care or more thought into them. Hence why I put (May be subject to change) near Final Entry. I was going to change it, but I was too busy.

BTW, I voted for four-wheel drift karting Senna, just because of my up most respect for the man and his skill. Plus, at least it wasn't taken from a movie (Documentary is fine, it WAS recorded on TV). *wink* *wink*

I made the poll! Thanks!
My vote goes to the Jag E-Type, as it's one of the few pictures that fits the theme IMO.
Oh, and I absolutely love the E-Type.

BTW, I voted for four-wheel drift karting Senna, just because of my up most respect for the man and his skill. Plus, at least it wasn't taken from a movie (Documentary is fine, it WAS recorded on TV). *wink* *wink*

That's the very reason I took the pic, I've always kind of wanted to try taking that pic but I had to earn a yellow helmet from a seasonal, which I finally did! I thank you for your vote.

6161381098_76f88f7a1b.jpg

I had no description, but the Lancia DID race. I'll try for PMC week 44 then :grumpy:

I just think it's better if you concentrate on your own photomode l33t sk1llz rather than publicly call out a photo.

A Batmobile and a Time Machine can be used in the poll as historic movie events, because they're just essentially what-if situations put forward by movies.

What if the XJR13 got to race at Le Mans? Could it have won? Who knows?

I made the poll! Thanks!
My vote goes to the Jag E-Type, as it's one of the few pictures that fits the theme IMO.
Oh, and I absolutely love the E-Type.

Cheers for your vote, I so nearly went for an F40, but like you absolutely love the E-Type! :)

I just think it's better if you concentrate on your own photomode l33t sk1llz rather than publicly call out a photo.

A Batmobile and a Time Machine can be used in the poll as historic movie events, because they're just essentially what-if situations put forward by movies.

What if the XJR13 got to race at Le Mans? Could it have won? Who knows?

Who is publicly calling out a photo?? The photo is great as are all of the poll pics this week, it was the incosistency in the theme I was highlighting

I think a Kubelwagen or something along the lines of one representing a World War was always going to win this history lesson of a theme.

Suprised mine only has 1 vote so far but anywho.

WWII car = history win 👍 Great work

I really like he last shot great jaggie free shot for a PMC shot but the VW took it due to the history theme

:dopey: Thanks all. Wonderful photos from everyone, including those who didn't make the poll. Pretty close at the end there. :nervous:

tie for 3rd, not bad for my 3rd try, and congrats Primus Ortus, also i voted for yours MenT123, i love the mustang :D

6164401399_a9ff83c6d0.jpg

Congratulations " Primus Ortus "! 👍👍👍

That's really nice picture / simplistic ,sensational , detail , time freezing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back