CLOSED: POLL: 2.0 Advanced Competition: Week 43 (WINNER: jBhIpS)

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 18 comments

THEME: Retro Rally

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlipZtrEm

can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
apmcheaderwk43.jpg

Further explanation of the theme, provided by chromatic9:

"Relive and capture the 'Golden Age' of Rally"

CARS: Rally cars older than 1990 (See list here)
LOCATIONS: Snow & Dirt tab, as well as Toscana, Alaska, and Liege locations
PHOTOTRAVEL: No
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: See above

gtpapmcrulesc02.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, send me a Private Message.
  • Do not vote for your own entry.
    [*]Do not try to sway the poll.
    [*]In the event of a tie, a 24 hour poll is created.
    [*]In the event of a second tie, Judge's vote is the deciding factor.
    [*]Please, view each image in it's full size, before voting.
    [*]Poll consists of the Judge's favourite 15 images. For H2H weeks, 8 per poll.
gtpapmcdeadline02.jpg

Didn't make the cut but this poll is...:drool::drool::drool:

Looks like Slipz can bag it 2 times in a row. :ill:

Here's my entry. Crititism is fairly needed. :D

Nice poll. Many stunning entries.

This is my first thorough crack at editing/jaggie removal. Critiques.

I was looking for more action type shots and capture the golden age of rally. I really like your pic but I find the bales of hay a bit cliche and would suit something else perhaps. The angle of the car and lack of depth seems a bit awkward to me but others will like it, its kind of pretty but not really appealing sorry, editing looks good.

Criticism?

The out focus dark coloured trees and mountain really dominate the image and to me look quite ugly. The whole image has a dingy smudge look, gradient looks odd.

unled1zr.jpg

I like this part of the image with the corners coming up. I think you should've concentrated on that.

I didn't think my shot was better any of these, but perhaps on par with some of them.

Criticism?

Well, mine didn't make the poll, but the photo's this time were Awesome! I knew mine didn't really fit the whole rally theme, maybe next time!

I don't think i've ever seen a photomode comp with so many fantastic shots before. At least 12 of the 15 entries would have been automatic winners in any other comp in my eyes. Really outstanding stuff guys! 👍 :bowdown:

I'm, yet again, in second place!

Not sure if I should be happy or sad. Damn...:banghead::mad::irked::ouch: :grumpy::guilty::indiff::boggled: :nervous::(

jk btw, thanks for all the votes! :)👍

That shot with the flame popping is awesome, but it's really bugging me that the wheels aren't turning when there's a background blur! I just want to get it in Photoshop and blur them myself :lol:

That shot with the flame popping is awesome, but it's really bugging me that the wheels aren't turning when there's a background blur! I just want to get it in Photoshop and blur them myself :lol:

maybe the wheels are blocked from bracking!? :sly: :P

But this shot really deserves a win! 👍

maybe the wheels are blocked from bracking!? :sly: :P

But this shot really deserves a win! 👍

All right - "the wheels are blocked from bracking". It is a moment before harshest turning to the right.

anyway.... Thanks very much everybody. Level of works here very very high :drool:

Last edited:
Thanks for the vote Raph! I really thought I was headed for a downtrou. :D

For the first time for me and at once double win. OMG this is so insanely cool. Thanks to everyone who voted for me. Friends you the best...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back