CLOSED: POLL: CCCL Competition: Week 28 - WINNER: jBhIpS

• Thread starter Nato_777
  • 26 comments

McLovely in Monaco

• [URL="http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/8564/mclarenentry.jpg"][IMG] http://img202.imageshack.us/img

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [URL="http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/2060/cotedazur.jpg"][IMG] http://img29.imageshack.us/img29

• [URL="http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6156/6172322665_081bafb08b_b.jpg"][IMG] http://farm7.static.fl

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nato_777

Moderately Super
Premium
New Zealand
Kaikoura, NZ
Nato777
CCCLW28Ban.jpg

Further explanation of the theme, as described by bmxmitch:

"One of my favorite cars to shoot in GT5! Looks pretty from every angle, really, every angle!
Take it on a spin in one of the most expensive cities and feel like a millionaire for a few
minutes....or hours! :P
I'm not looking for something particular. You can either pose with it, or race it around the
track. But don't make scratches in that beauty...:sly:
CAR: McLaren MP4-12C

gtp_cccl_rules_02.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have any questions, please, send me a Private Message.
This Thread has everything you need to know.

• Be reminded that only the best 20 entries will get through each poll.
  • Do not vote on your entry.
  • Do not try to sway the poll.
  • In the event of a tie, a 24 hour poll is created.
  • In the event of a second tie, Judge's vote is the deciding factor.
  • Please, view each image in it's full size, before voting.

Last edited:
Chromey's shot reeks of wealth, to me, but in this case that's a good thing, so it got my vote 👍

Same as MBS, absolutely love the poll, all entries are amazing:drool:, but im also a bit disappointed as I thought I had a chance....:embarrassed: I guess I need to work on those reflections! All the pics on the poll are very SHINY!:drool:

Bit disappointed that I didn't make it, but I can't be mad with the pics in the poll looking this good!

I really went back and forth with 2 other Entries and yours. In the end the angle of the shot made you fall through. I thought the car was a bit to unplaced, maybe a bit to centered. The "bokeh" and lightning worked very well though.
im also a bit disappointed as I thought I had a chance....:embarrassed: I guess I need to work on those reflections! All the pics on the poll are very SHINY!:drool:
I kind of like the look of the picture, it just is a bit to overexposed and maybe a bit to blurred (didn't worked as good as it is in MBS's shot). Although, the background was my major issue here, if that would've looked a bit different, you may would've made it.

But it was so hard to pick a Top 20 this week, noone should be too disappointed...

glad I made the poll! Not sure I'll get any votes, looks 10 times better when it's viewed full size but not sure it looks good enough as a preview for anyone to click it!

Criticism.

hmm, there is somehow no area that catches my eye. There is to less to look at in your shot. The idea is nice, and the colours work good in it, but I miss some details or a main area that leads my eye (if that makes sense)

It may would've worked better if there where a few more details on the back of the car or the brakelights where on. And maybe a bit sharper - Mode3 maybe would've been better for this shot.

But thats just what I thought of your shot. Unfortunately for you, I was the judge this week!:P
But a good shot, no than less 👍

Wow so surprised that I made the poll this week, I should have used the stock McLaren orange though not the Colour shift chip off the TVR's :ouch: I don't expect many votes seeing the rest of this weeks awesome poll 👍 Great work everyone

Any ideas where I went wrong, guys?
mp42prev.jpg

I got in, but 0 votes? Considering some of the composition foul ups that are getting votes, I thought I'd have at least got one for taking the time to think out my ratios and balancing! The shot of the rear of the green car is awesome too and also has 0 votes....

mp42prev.jpg

I got in, but 0 votes? Considering some of the composition foul ups that are getting votes, I thought I'd have at least got one for taking the time to think out my ratios and balancing! The shot of the rear of the green car is awesome too and also has 0 votes....

I like your shot Mog, however I felt the reflections on the bonnet while good are a little distracting also the cutting out of the rear portion of the car may not have been a good choice, if it had the whole car in you would have gotten my vote 👍

sorry if you don't agree with my comment, I'm not a professional/very high quality real life photographer like yourself so I most likely don't see your shot in all the technicalities of the composition of your shot

Hmm...must be a vertical thing ;) Thank you for the kind words though 👍

I think the shot of the car itself is beautiful, the composition is pretty spot on as well, but for me it's only fallen down because you haven't portrayed the nature of the famous Monaco street circuit. For me, the CCCL competitions need to portray both what the car and track that have been chosen are about, still a great looking picture!
Just my opinion :D

I think the shot of the car itself is beautiful, the composition is pretty spot on as well, but for me it's only fallen down because you haven't portrayed the nature of the famous Monaco street circuit. For me, the CCCL competitions need to portray both what the car and track that have been chosen are about, still a great looking picture!
Just my opinion :D

I didn't even think of that! I think you might be right...

Thanks for the feedback guys 👍

I'm a bit surprised where all the votes went!? Some pictures truly deserve more votes! Moglet, yours too.👍

Seems like people like colourful pics more (mine from last week included ;))
But I admit, it was damn hard to decide again...:scared:

Next week, I come up with
ALL THE COLOURS:lol:
1121885.jpg

I'm a bit surprised where all the votes went!? Some pictures truly deserve more votes! Moglet, yours too.👍

Seems like people like colourful pics more (mine from last week included ;))
But I admit, it was damn hard to decide again...:scared:

Next week, I come up with
ALL THE COLOURS:lol:
1121885.jpg

I'm kinda curious as to how that only became a meme recently. It's from the hilarious blog Hyperbole and a Half, and was posted about a year ago. (the "all the things" meme)

I'm kinda curious as to how that only became a meme recently. It's from the hilarious blog Hyperbole and a Half, and was posted about a year ago. (the "all the things" meme)

no idea!:lol:
But everytime I write something with " all the....", this picture pops in my head! :sly:

btw, it's still close on the Top!!!:dunce: But with over 100 votes, I don't think that there will be big surprises now.....not anymore.

Poll Closed and the winner of a very tight battle at the top is jBhIpS, congratulations!

Last edited:
So close D: Ooh I'm so happy. Thanks to everyone who voted for me ^___^ my first WIN on GTPlanet.

Congrats Ilya. Looking forward to whatever theme you could come up with. :P:tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back