CLOSED: POLL: The Photomode Tournament - Season 2: Second Round - 2.0

Second Round - 2.0

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Portugal
Lisboa

headerpnw.jpg

Second round of the Photomode Tournament. Make sure you understand the theme requirements of your match.
You can see each dashboard update by clicking in either PMC or 2.0

[Click to raise dashboard]

20match1.jpg

Take your race car to a real world race track at night.
CARS: Any race car
LOCATIONS: Any real world track
PHOTOTRAVEL: No
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: See above.

20match2.jpg

Show the interaction between car, driver and team
CARS: Any
LOCATIONS: Any
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: See above

20match3.jpg

Take a shot of GT5's wonderfully modeled scenery, whether that be the architecture, landscapes or other landmarks.
CARS: None.
LOCATIONS: Any
PHOTOTRAVEL: Yes
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: See above.

20match4.jpg

Show some rainy environment or race.
CARS: Any
LOCATIONS: Any with rain
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: It must be raining.

rulesq.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification.
If you have any questions, please, send me a Private Message or READ THIS.

• Be reminded that this is a multiple choice poll. You have to vote in one entry of each match;
  • Do not vote on your entry;
  • Do not try to sway the poll;
  • Do not post your photo elsewhere until poll closes;
  • In the event of a tie, host vote will decide;
  • Please, view each image in it's full size, before voting;

deadline.jpg

Last edited:
This is sooooo hard to decide. The level of awesomeness is through the roof. :drool:

Awesome!

I was hoping that you will enter a landscape picture moglet. Now we got 2 totally different Entries:D:tup:
Hopefully this will be a close match!

Also, 1, 2 and 3 are superb matches!:drool:;)

never mind, fixed :lol:

Man this is crazy! I'm so glad I didn't enter on this side :drool:

I'm really impressed with you guys! You absolutely rule :bowdown:

That's why I like the tournament so much. It's pure awesomeness!

Underneath the 2.0 dashboard headline there is a visible colour tag. :P

I find myself coming back to this poll, just to check out SlipZ entry again...and again...

HOLY 🤬

Klaus_PSU's entry is on of the best entries I've ever seen! And CCS7's is the 2nd best! Seriously, the rain theme has the 2 best shots of the entire tournament. Was tough to decide between them, but the cleanup job on the JTC race is perfect.

Jesus christ Slipz! That is absolutely insane!

I find myself coming back to this poll, just to check out SlipZ entry again...and again...
I don't see what's so special about it?

I don't see what's so special about it?

It's just really moody. Paired with a great composition and exquisite lighting it makes for a phenomenal photo. It's very realistic too IMO.

There deserves to be no losers here - all the shots are outstanding.

Thanks for the kind words MBS, although I think CCShaft7 has me on this one 👍

Fantastic shot CC! I wish I'd remembered that it rains on that track :lol:

Last edited:
It's just really moody. Paired with a great composition and exquisite lighting it makes for a phenomenal photo. It's very realistic too IMO.

Well I'll give you most of those, but I'm not really a fan of the lighting too much. It does look awesome for a standard car though (which is why it got my vote), but I can't help but think it looks like it's parked. Lacks any sense of motion

Stunning pic CCshaft7.

Awesome entry by SlipZ but the artistic adrenaline 24H feel of Raphaele's pic really does it for me.

Thanks Mog and Zambuca - I had the Photomode Tournament equivalent of buyer's remorse this morning when waking up, looking at my rejects, but that image took quite a while to cultivate the mood, and I'm glad it's enjoyed :)

It was so hard to nail down a proper night shot; I tried something similar to Raphaele's (since the grandstands are a rare source of light), but I just couldn't get anything I was satisfied with. I really like his use of Panning Mode 1 - adds a dose of realism, of being a spectator, just nabbing a quick snap of the car as it starts another lap.

Obviously he'll have my vote when I do get to voting - but I'm so impressed with the other 3 matches, I'm going to need a day to really decide which images get my votes there, as none are clear-cut for me. Fantastic work guys, especially the rain shots!

:lol:

Thanks MBS - in it's defence, more so than any other shot I've submitted in the comps, this one needs to be full-sized, on a decent display.

Cheers, Chromey - agreed 100% on Raphaele's pic, you summed it up in fewer words than I could manage!

CCShaft's pic is unbelievable.
I'm also surprised Mitchy's not in the lead. His entry suits the theme better than Mog's IMO. :)

I'm also surprised Mitchy's not in the lead. His entry suits the theme better than Mog's IMO. :)

The theme was about scenery shots, you can't really get it wrong as long as the camera is pointed off the track! :lol:

The theme was about scenery shots, you can't really get it wrong as long as the camera is pointed off the track! :lol:

Yours is on the track! :P:lol:

And why is every match pretty equal? Its around 65-35 on all matches! :ill::boggled:

edit: only 37 voters in total??? Really?:confused: We had around 100 in the PMC polls, week for week! 37, Thats even less than the Secret Santa Competition has...

Last edited:
Ah yes but it's aimed off the track :P

And it's also on the almighty Toscana track! Thats not fair :P

jokes by side, you made the best out of 3 pictures (thats the amount you took, right?) and I don't even want to know what you would've come up with if you had more time.
I'm still hoping to catch up on you, but I think you got me here. Seems like round 2 is my kryptonite!:ill:

HOLY 🤬

Klaus_PSU's entry is on of the best entries I've ever seen! And CCS7's is the 2nd best! Seriously, the rain theme has the 2 best shots of the entire tournament. Was tough to decide between them, but the cleanup job on the JTC race is perfect.

Stunning pic CCshaft7.

I

Woah thanks a lot guys :) ... I'll never figure out these comps, I wasn't confident with this one as some of my previous entries. Thanks to everyone for the votes thus far. 👍

There deserves to be no losers here - all the shots are outstanding.

Thanks for the kind words MBS, although I think CCShaft7 has me on this one 👍

Fantastic shot CC! I wish I'd remembered that it rains on that track :lol:

I'm not doing any chicken counting yet Klaus but I'm crossing all my digits to be on the safe side, and I do agree with MBS... you've done an outstanding job with those conditions and multiple cars too 👍 I thought we got dealt a tough deal but I enjoyed the challenge more than I expected.

Amazing entries from everyone and I don't think the voting reflects how close this competition really is :drool:

And it's also on the almighty Toscana track! Thats not fair :P

jokes by side, you made the best out of 3 pictures (thats the amount you took, right?) and I don't even want to know what you would've come up with if you had more time.
I'm still hoping to catch up on you, but I think you got me here. Seems like round 2 is my kryptonite!:ill:

I took more than 3 overall, but only saved 3 of them as the rest weren't quite right! I got lucky with the track editor on Toscana too, you don't see too many flat, sweeping bends with open spaces like that behind them!

Is it worth putting the word "POLL" at the start of these threads? First round had Poll in the title.

I was surprised when I clicked on this thread that they were polls already. I thought these were places to discuss the themes and anything else related to the comp.

Is it worth putting the word "POLL" at the start of these threads? First round had Poll in the title.

I was surprised when I clicked on this thread that they were polls already. I thought these were places to discuss the themes and anything else related to the comp.

Maybe that's why we've got that few voters…

Without being asked I'll add my two cents.
Just my humble opinion...

match 01
The way SlipZtrem has managed a Standard to look like a Premium has my full respect. A stumming realistic result for just an in-game photo mode!
I had a shot in a similar light (dusk or dawn), but I cowardly refused it interpreting perhaps the rules too strictly ("Take your race car to a real world race track at night." )
So I chose another entry out of 97 pictures taken during 24 hours :)
I tried to capture the atmosphere next to grandstand and pit lane. Thank you chromatic9, you know where I'm coming from. 👍

match 02
Why did PD do this to us? These camera restrictions during pit stop are a shame! All the more respect to the results of this match. Revo shows the hasty but precise interaction of the team watched by an enthusiastic audience. I really love this picture, but I prefer TheDrummingKing's entry. Simply because of that bold and inconvenient view angle I've never seen before. I do neglect the fact that it looks to me like an in-game shot. And this might be Revo's advantage …

match 03
Piccadilly vs. Tuscany. Metropolis vs. scenery. Next time Berlin vs. Birmingham? :) When giants meet…
This polarising selection might make it easier to vote because everybody has his very own taste and preference. Both shots are excellent as we are used to by these two talented photographic artists. To me, Moglet's "painting" causes more atmosphere while bmxmitch's is more realistic. Though, he was very brave to chose London – I had expected the alpine scerery of Eiger Nordwand :)

match 04
Hard rain – hard match.
Both come up with risky perspectives neglecting claim for realism.
I love Klaus' wonderfully arranged rope of pearls which is typical for a wet race when overtaking is too hazardous. But something in this photo makes me feel it is just a screenshot. CCShaft7 captured dramatic speed and wonderful reflections on the wet tarmac of Stage Route. Beautiful colours – reduced to a well-assorted selection which exposes him as a brilliant observer and editor, too.

Just my choice, just my opinion.
Feel free to disagree – just vote!!!

Back