Not open for further replies.

Nato_777

Moderately Super
Premium
New Zealand
Kaikoura, NZ
Nato777
SSCW19Ban.jpg

Further explaination of the theme as given by MetalBeerSolid.

"Inspired by the Judas Priest song... some of you may remember it from GT3. The song was
written about the twin turbo Porsches, so why don't we give some standard RUFs some love?

Cars: RUF CTR "Yellow Bird" '87 or RUF CTR2 '96
Locations: Any.
Phototravel: No.
Unique Restrictions: Car must be moving... fast!

SSC_Rules.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, send me a Private Message.

This Thread will answer many possible questions you may have.

• Be reminded that only the best 10 entries will get through to each poll.
  • Do not vote on your entry.
  • Do not try to sway the poll.
  • Do not reveal or hint at the identity of any entries
  • In the event of a tie, a 24 hour poll is created.
  • In the event of a second tie, Judge's vote is the deciding factor.
  • Please, view each image in it's full size, before voting.
  • If you didn't make the poll you are encouraged to post your entry in this thread so
    everyone gets to see all the entries.

Last edited:
Doesn't give the best feeling of speed, jaggies because of the dust, and the hills and trees clash with the sky.

Composition was alright, though.

Raphaele you dun goofed! :P I see your logo!

:scared: What's gonna happen to his entry?
Oh dear, I totally missed that - and I was checking too. :dunce:
Unfortunately, as much as I hate to say it that does disqualify the entry. I'm going to have to ask SlipZtrEm to remove it and reset the votes for those that have voted for it.
Sorry Raph. :(

EDIT: The deed is done (Thanks SlipZ) - GT-BigFan4, MetalBeerSolid, Shwaag you may re-cast your votes.

Last edited:
Oh dear, I totally missed that - and I was checking too. :dunce:
Unfortunately, as much as I hate to say it that does disqualify the entry. I'm going to have to ask SlipZtrEm to remove it and reset the votes for those that have voted for it.
Sorry Raph. :(

EDIT: The deed is done (Thanks SlipZ) - GT-BigFan4, MetalBeerSolid, Shwaag you may re-cast your votes.
Damn, it was my favorite too! Oh and it says I've already voted... I can't vote again?

I'm guessing speed is an issue in my shot. Anything else?
Yeah, the car seemed a bit too far to the right of the shot, and it was a bit too dark. And the speed issue.

Really quite surprised my shot didn't get in, Any feedback please.
CTRResized.jpg
A bit more of a focus on the car would help (no, the car's in focus, but the picture doesn't seem to have the car as the main aspect of the shot. The pixelated tree shadows were a bit distracting as well, and the only real sign of editing was the haloing around the trees/sky.

My Disqualifier

Well guys, I goofed indeed.:banghead: :banghead::banghead: :banghead::banghead: :banghead:
But thus I've learned my lesson.
@ Nato and SlpZ:
Sorry for messing up the poll.

Yeah, the car seemed a bit too far to the right of the shot, and it was a bit too dark. And the speed issue.

I was trying to create a panorama style of shot without actually making one (Because I don't know how :dunce:) so I had the car to the right. And I suppose the shot is a bit dark because the lights were a bit bright.

Thanks for the comment though. I will try and improve next time. 👍

My Disqualifier

Well guys, I goofed indeed.:banghead: :banghead::banghead: :banghead::banghead: :banghead:
But thus I've learned my lesson.
@ Nato and SlpZ:
Sorry for messing up the poll.

that sucks mate. would have got my vote for sure. no disrespect but a judge should have picked up on it before it hit the poll & maybe sent a quick pm asking you to fix it or it could have been someone elses pic up.

that sucks mate. would have got my vote for sure. no disrespect but a judge should have picked up on it before it hit the poll & maybe sent a quick pm asking you to fix it or it could have been someone elses pic up.
If I had of seen it before I posted the poll I would have PMed Raph for another copy sans-signature. Unfortunately I received the poll entries while I was at work and checked them on the work computer at lunchtime and the monitor at work isn't too good (quite dark) so the signature wasn't really visable to me. It wasn't until it was pointed out that I saw it (by looking at the screen from a different angle). If I had been on my home computer I'ld have picked it up straight away.

fair play mate. on the odd occasion this sort of thing happens is it not possible to ask the judge to choose a replacement picture?

If I had of seen it before I posted the poll I would have PMed Raph for another copy sans-signature. Unfortunately I received the poll entries while I was at work and checked them on the work computer at lunchtime and the monitor at work isn't too good (quite dark) so the signature wasn't really visable to me. It wasn't until it was pointed out that I saw it (by looking at the screen from a different angle). If I had been on my home computer I'ld have picked it up straight away.

It's okay for me.
This reminds me – and all of you – that we have to read the rules.
Let's concentrate on the next comp!
:gtpflag:

Sorry about that, completely forgot about the no signature rule.

that black RUF (under the leading red one) is bloody fantastic. By far the most realistic shot in this poll and for me a clear winner! Sadly it'S down by under 10 votes....:guilty:

Also, why am I not leading????:grumpy: Me is grumpy

Voted for the yellow CTR. The usage of the background took me away from the others. But I also have to say that the first and second also deserves votes. Especially the first one, very minimalistic and it's as if the CTR2 is on a highway of some sort.

I love some Ruf's. 3rd one down got my vote. The reflections off the car, the background blur. It looks like it's hauling.

Poll Closed and the winner is....chromatic9! Congratulations! 👍

The poll entrants were;

• zambuca
  • ceiling_fan
  • Fido_le_muet
  • bmxmitch
  • chromatic9
  • ZEROX
  • Boabdulrahman
  • Nato_777
  • headhorse

I knew that red one was Chromey's, the only one I could figure out together with Zambuca's and ZEROX's.

Congrats on the win. :)

Congrats Chromatics! 👍
Scary how constantly you'll win competitions. Seems like you can win every single one if you just want to....:drool:

@Zerox: Absolutely love your shot. Was my favorite in this poll! Well done:tup:

I knew that red one was Chromey's, the only one I could figure out together with Zambuca's and ZEROX's.
With this statement, i think i need to change the way i took the shoot and edit. :P

@Zerox: Absolutely love your shot. Was my favorite in this poll! Well done:tup:

Wow! My shoots to be love by some pro! I'm really glad! :D
Thanks Mitch! and congratz to chrom! 👍

Well,like i said, even if i don't win this comp. After this getting official, couldn't get any happier than this. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back