POLL: The Photomode Tournament - Season 2: Final Round - Final Match

Final Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Portugal
Lisboa

headercjk.jpg

Final round of the Photomode Tournament. Make sure you understand the theme requirements of your match.
You can see each dashboard update by clicking in either PMC or 2.0

PMC
[Click to raise dashboard]

pmcfmatch.jpg

Give your best to win the PMC side of the Photomode Tournament.
CARS: Any
LOCATIONS: Any
PHOTOTRAVEL: Yes
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: None.

[Click to raise dashboard]

20fmatch.jpg

Give your best to win the 2.0 side of the Photomode Tournament.
CARS: Any
LOCATIONS: Any
PHOTOTRAVEL: Yes
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: None.

rulesq.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification.
If you have any questions, please, send me a Private Message or READ THIS.

Private Message Requirements:

• All entries must be submitted by P.M. to Nicknamealguem .
    Please, fill in the following form:
    • P.M. Title: Photomode Tornament Final Entry;
    • P.M. Subject: Image in either thumbnail or a preview linked to it's full size and which side you will be competing.

Entry Requirements:
  • Only one entry per user allowed. It must be that user own work and never seen/used before;
  • You may not post your image elsewhere, until the poll closes down.
  • Do not ask other members to choose your entry;
  • Entries may not be changed after submitting (only if against the theme rules);
  • Previews should not exceed the limit of 500px in either direction and have any effect not present in the original image;
  • It's recommended the usage of a free image hosting service, such as ImageShack, Photobucket or Flickr;
  • All entries within the rules will go into poll;
  • Keep in mind that the Host of this competition may ask for the original image and it must be submitted if so.
    It's recommended to store the original image (from the USB stick) until competition round ends.

editing.jpg

PMC (blue)

• No other editing, besides proportionally resize and rotate, is allowed outside GT5 Photomode.

2.0 (red)

What you may not do to a photo:
  • Alter the geometry of the car. No stickers, or body modifications not available in game.
  • Add shapes or objects from outside of GT5, signatures excepted.
  • Add lens flares or "artistic" filters to image.
  • Remove items from shot (scenery, other cars).
  • Use more than 1 image (HDR, photo-stitching, multi-exposure).
  • "Creative cropping". The main "image" must be four-sided, with 90-degree, upright corners.
  • Selective car colour changing: masking different parts to create racing stripes or similar.

What you may do to a photo:
  • Crop and/or resize an image.
  • Adjust the level or curve values.
  • Alter the colour tone of the image (gradient maps, photo filters, colour balance, etc).
  • Car body colour change (all stickers/design features must remain, see "Remove Items" rule).
  • Adjust brightness, contrast, exposure, shadow/highlights.
  • Enhance shadows or highlights (dodge and burn tools in Photoshop, for example).
  • Add noise and/or diffuse glow.
  • Add a post-game tilt-shift blur, or apply a motion blur to a stationary Photomode shot.
  • Make use of Layer Blend Modes.
  • Use a Sharpening filter and/or tool.
  • Scale or enlarge rims.
  • Remove or modify license plates.
  • Remove the GT watermark.
  • Add a personal signature.
  • Clean up or fix jaggies, texture pixelation, or colour separation.
  • Add a vignette effect.

deadline.jpg

[20.00GTM]

Last edited:
Oh man this is going to be tough! We've both taken very different shots there 725! Rev and Moglet :drool: amazing work, I can't decide who to vote for, going to have to think about this one a lot

I can't believe how similar mine and Rev's photos are :lol: Good luck everyone!
Also, be sure to view the photos in full size before voting! I ended up changing my mind based on the full size of the PMC entries.

Geez Rev and Moglet, that's some other kind of game or something. GT6? Cheaters...

But seriously, great stuff! Voted for Revolution, your R8 looked just that bit more realistic to me than the LFA but its really close. Amazing job both of you.

Oh man this is going to be tough! We've both taken very different shots there 725! Rev and Moglet :drool: amazing work, I can't decide who to vote for, going to have to think about this one a lot

Nice pic Soloracer! I took lots of pictures I couldn't decide which one to go with, I think you may have this one 👍

Great pics Rev and Moglet both oddly similar!

Geez Rev and Moglet, that's some other kind of game or something. GT6? Cheaters...

But seriously, great stuff! Voted for Revolution, your R8 looked just that bit more realistic to me than the LFA but its really close. Amazing job both of you.

I actually wasn't aiming for realism at all so it's good to hear that! :lol:

I'll post my thoughts once the poll has closed.

Also, be sure to view the photos in full size before voting! I ended up changing my mind based on the full size of the PMC entries.

The 2.0 Bronze match is the same way, just 2 different styles of editing.

Full size is a must for all of these.

They're all awesome pictures but I have to say the Audi is particularly well shot. 👍

EDIT: I have no idea who shot what, so my vote is completely based on photogenics not favouritism.

Yeah....looks like I'm out. :lol:

Last edited:
I actually wasn't aiming for realism at all so it's good to hear that! :lol:

I'll post my thoughts once the poll has closed.

Really? What were you aiming for then? Because it looks kinda like a pic like this and tell me that's not realistic. :)

Really? What were you aiming for then? Because it looks kinda like a pic like this and tell me that's not realistic. :)

I just took the car for a drive round High Speed Ring and randomly took photos! That's all I ever do except if the theme specifies something else. GT5 must just have some amazing graphics :P

I just took the car for a drive round High Speed Ring and randomly took photos! That's all I ever do except if the theme specifies something else. GT5 must just have some amazing graphics :P

Haha ok! Yes it does. ;)

@Moglet, even though you aren't winning, your entry is fantastic IMO. It looks so... clean and shiny. :lol:
Great pics in the 2.0, I'm not that sold on the PMC ones as I am with the 2.0s. But fantastic pics all around.

And Moglet, third time lucky? :P

And Moglet, one could guess that third time may be the one. :P

I'll likely not be entering the next one, what with Forza 4 arriving soon and my lack of time. I also need to take a step back and consider my shots a bit more as they've just been getting slaughtered in the polls lately. I think a rethink is needed!

On a side note; that car is awesome. The sound, the looks, the speed, the handling, everything! It drifts well too :P

I've never used the LFA might be worth a go seeing all the great pics everyone takes with it!

Same! The 458 caught my eye, but the full size revealed a lack of focus.

Wow, Mog, eerily similar shot to mine! I'll have to wait until I get home tonight before I can have a good look at the shots on my computer, but the quick look I've had on my iPad looks great - very clean!

Wow, what the...I don't even....? :eek:
Those shots are really worth a FINAL ROUND!

Already excited for the next tournament round, with new GT5 features and cars! :embarrassed:

rant edit: after seeing what the DLC will bring us, I'm not really looking forward to it anymore. That's maybe the worst update they could give us. I mean, 4 new GT-R's? What the **** PD? And only Spa (Kart track doesn't count for me) for around...how much? 5 Dollars? This is:banghead:

Last edited:
Impressive Mog! It's one of the best LFA photos I've ever seen. And I love the way the cars shape matches the lines of the background. The Audi is also amazing in all its glory! A true battle of titans :drool:

Wowza! Impressive images Rev and Mog, and the similarity is crazy too. That beautiful LFA and 458 got my votes. Superb job guys. 👍

Impressive Mog! It's one of the best LFA photos I've ever seen. And I love the way the cars shape matches the lines of the background. The Audi is also amazing in all its glory! A true battle of titans :drool:

Thanks zambuca! I honestly thought I would at least be able to make the poll interesting and close with this one. I made sure that the composition and lighting were spot on, the reflections were cleaned to a higher standard than usual, and the image showed movement from the tunnel outwards into the light. The yellow car felt right as I felt it broke the image up without being distracting.

But it's not my opinion that counts it's the voters and they preferred the Audi. I'll just have to step up my game for the next few weeks in the contests :P I can't help but wonder though....what would the outcome have been if I had used an F40 in the exact same spot?

Last edited:
All of the final shots look great. The 2.0 final in particular - both are incredible shots. What made me choose Revs shot over yours Moglet was the way the wing mirror seems to float and that the back of the car looks a little flat to me. On the intangible side of things I just enjoyed the overall tone of Rev's shot a little more. I am talking about spitting hairs here. It's like a 9.3 vs a 9.2, About the only thing I can say is what was said to me and Jason B in the PMC final in season one - that neither of us really stepped up and did something incredible. Both pictures look fantastic but are relatively safe in terms of subject and composition. I also think that was the problem with mine in the 60's round that I was eliminated on - just too safe compared to Jason's which stepped out and did something different. Now, this is just my opinion, but the polls have almost always rewarded innovation, somethimes even over quality. I know what I am working on for season 3.

You got my vote Mog. Your image looks more alive and interesting. Rev did his usual high standard of editing, but the composition and flat angle made his shot not as appealing to me. They're both good, but to me, yours is better. :D

What you say about car choice, sure some might be swayed with their votes sometimes by the car, me included, but no matter what car you choose. Its how you present it that counts. 👍

Both pictures look fantastic but are relatively safe in terms of subject and composition.

I do really like Solo going for the night shot though. That did catch me off guard.

I'm already locked and loaded for PMC 3.

Car choice is an interesting one Mog - results in the 2.0 comp in the past certainly have a disproportionately high number of F40s as the winning image, I've been very wary of never using one in the past (in fact I don't even own one! :lol:) I was half tempted to use one myself for this final.

I spent my time perfecting the colour tone of the image - I must have spent a good hour or so playing with sliders trying to get the colour tones and 'look' of the image just right - trying to nab that perfect balance where an image is eye catching because it looks so real. I tried something a little more experimental in the previous round and I think perhaps I went too far and turned a few voters off - I only *just* won that match in the end!

Still, your Lexus is super clean and the little reflections on the front bumper and on the windscreen are my favourite bits, you've done an impressive job on it.

Jason_B
I do really like Solo going for the night shot though. That did catch me off guard.

Thanks Jason 👍 I was trying to go for something that was a little different to we normally see here.

Just hope everyone views the images in full size as people have mentioned before 👍

:D Thanks for all the votes guys! I really appreciate them :) You produced an awesome shot 725 and it was a good match 👍 Thank you everyone :) :cheers:

Congrats on the win Solo 👍 Thanks for the votes guys and throughout the competition. I am really pleased with second place

Thanks to the kind folk who voted for my R8! Wahoo! :D Thanks also to my competitor Moglet - your Lexus shot is super clean and a lovely shot - looking forwards to facing off again next time!

Congrats to Soloracer3 and Revolution for winning season 2 of the photomode tournament.
Commiserations to 725 and Moglet, although they didn't won final round, they get 2nd placed.

Latest Posts

Back