Clubsport Pedals: How many load cells have you used?

• Thread starter swiftwilly
  • 33 comments

swiftwilly

Premium
swiftwilly
Guys, I am doing some research before deciding to buy one. I am a gamer with very little time on my hands to change load cells every so often so I want to ask the Clubsport Pedal users out there - how many load cells have you gone through?

To quote Clarkson: "Some say, they have changed 7 - 8 times. Some say, one change and it fixed it all."

What do you say?

I have been using my csp heavily for about ten months. Have not had one single issue with them.
As far as you not being good with fixing or wanting to take the time, it is very easy to swap out. Inside five minutes.
I have had my csp apart on several occasions for various "i like to mess with things" reasons. They are very easy to adjust and tune to your liking. I thought i loves them one first touch but after some tweaking of pedal angles, spring rates etc THey feel like a whole new pedal set.
Dont let that scare you away ^^^^^ they are fantastic out of the box! As youve read in LF review thread.
I would definetly reccommend watching the various videos that Thomas from FANATEC has posted up on you tube and his blog at 911.wheel. they really are as easy to work on as he makes it seem.

Only just got them, so my vote really doesn't say much yet about durability.

Like Caz says, the pedals are easy to take apart. Thomas shows (like I pm'ed to you already) here how you can take them apart. Apart from a few extra steps to take off the load-cell (disconnecting cables and removing it from the bar).

Had mine for over a year and i have never done anything to them in order to elongate their life in any way. Feels like they are brand new minus the dust.

Just keep them under a T-shirt when not in use so i don´t get unnecessary amounts of dust on them.

You can remove the load cell without disassembling the entire pedal set. Springs as well, just takes a little muscle to hold the spring down to unscrew the rod from the swivel in the pedals.

Have had mine for almost 2 years......lots of miles on them so to speak. They've been flawless.

If we would have to replace the load cells 7 times on all CSPs we have sold we would have a serious problem and it would be stupid to create another set of pedals with the same technology (CSR Elite pedals), right?

We had some issue with the load cells as the first series was easy to damage when you took apart the pedals to adjust them. You should always make sure that you don't pull hard on any cable. Although this is clearly a users fault and not included in the warranty we have always sent free replacement units.

It happened that the load cell breakes because of stress but we are talking about an extreme rare event.

Fanatec...
If we would have to replace the load cells 7 times on all CSPs we have sold we would have a serious problem and it would be stupid to create another set of pedals with the same technology (CSR Elite pedals), right?

We had some issue with the load cells as the first series was easy to damage when you took apart the pedals to adjust them. You should always make sure that you don't pull hard on any cable. Although this is clearly a users fault and not included in the warranty we have always sent free replacement units.

It happened that the load cell breakes because of stress but we are talking about an extreme rare event.

That sounds correct and what I expected, but it was hard to tell if it was just user error or something else. Besides that, it's always the ones with issues you hear the most about on fora. The ones that have working equipment most often simply enjoy using it and hardly ever post their happiness.

At least for me I can say I am very happy with the pedals and can see a lot of small improvements on them that are made over the course of time.
Thank you, Thomas and everyone else at Fanatec including the people in China putting these wonderful products together on such a tedious long belt.

How I only just wish I could preview that CSW... but as an individual it wouldn't be profitable for you guys when I write something for the people here I think. ;)
Anyhow, good luck in these busy times.

- one change fixed it all

I must add a comment: that Fanatec responded immediately to my apply for load cell replacement (free of charge).

In generally I'm very pleased with the Clubsport Pedals (and the Fanatec servicing).👍

In order to break the load cell you gotta apply retarded ammount of braking force.
It's like asking (regarding real life cars) - "will the pedals break if I brake too hard?"
Everything is breakable, it's just a matter of force.

So, to answer your question - no, load cell won't break unless you're 150kg and you're jumping on the pedal.

guys cheers, remember not here to bash, i just wanted to what the average is.

i mean so far case closed, CSP's are great.

In order to break the load cell you gotta apply retarded ammount of braking force.
It's like asking (regarding real life cars) - "will the pedals break if I brake too hard?"
Everything is breakable, it's just a matter of force.

So, to answer your question - no, load cell won't break unless you're 150kg and you're jumping on the pedal.

WTF do you mean by "retarded"? I broke it and I'm not "retarded". Please be careful about the way you express your self.
The load cell can be broken!!!
You don't have to weight 150kg or to be "retarded" to broke them.
Its a well done toy but nevertheless you can't compare it with a real brake pedal and please don't exaggerate in a such bad way.

WTF do you mean by "retarded"? I broke it and I'm not "retarded". Please be careful about the way you express your self.
The load cell can be broken!!!
You don't have to weight 150kg or to be "retarded" to broke them.
Its a well done toy but nevertheless you can't compare it with a real brake pedal and please don't exaggerate in a such bad way.

No mate, you got it all wrong.
I wasn't calling anyone retarded for that matter, I was just using the word retarded in a context of a stupid ammount of force needed to break them. I wasn't calling any individuals retarded.
Sorry if you got insulted by that.
Cheers.

No mate, you got it all wrong.
I wasn't calling anyone retarded for that matter, I was just using the word retarded in a context of a stupid ammount of force needed to break them. I wasn't calling any individuals retarded.
Sorry if you got insulted by that.
Cheers.

That's my point: what I receive from your talking is that a "logical" man can not brake the pedal... but a "stupid" one... can!

Anyway I see that your intention was not mean, so Cheers.

Mars Attacks
That's my point: what I receive from your talking is that a "logical" man can not brake the pedal... but a "stupid" one... can!

Anyway I see that your intention was not mean, so Cheers.

How do you take the words,

"stupid amount of force" to a person being stupid?

Having just ordered a set of CSPs it is very reassuring to see the poll is swaying in the positive direction atm with 15 votes and only 2 had minor issues

Keep voting folks. This is a brilliant poll thank you very much OP! 👍

A lot of people will probably get tipped over into ordering CSPs since it includes the tuning kit, etc

No issues here. My set has this hardened gel/glue covering/protecting the wire @ the base of the load cell. I even have my CSP's sitting on the carpet, and have NO issues.

Again, I'll say this over & over, for $200, you CAN'T go wrong with the CSP's. They, IMHO, are worth easy 3-400. On top of it right now, FREE tuning kit. Jeez, no offense, if you get the CSR EP, then you are wasting your time. Sorry Thomas, but when you truly compare, there is no comparison over $50...........

I needed to change the pcb but no problem, free, and quick delivery.
And that was on the first batches of CSP. I don't think those now have problems.

Well what I meant was people will be tipped over to buy a set of CSPs *now* while the free tuning kits are being included. Otherwise personally I might have waited til the CSR Elites come out, etc (saves on shipping cost lol)

My CSP's have been a dream sofar :) /me knocks on wood. I've had them over a year.

As soon as i have the money, i am buying the clubsport wheel!

Had to replace it once, and that was because of User Error, not an error on Fanatec's part.

These pedals are extremely reliable, and even if they do brake down, like everything does eventually, then it's backed up by an extremely good team that will send you a replacement part.

it might is a strange question, but when do you know you have to replace your loadcell? does it than not work anymore or so, or also because of something else?:)

Back