The North America DLC thread

I'm getting this error message when I try to confirm purchase. "An error has occurred. (80023102)"

Anybody know what that's about?

edit: have tried restarting my ps3, adding funds to wallet manually, and changing to a different credit card. Still get the same error message.

Last edited:
What's this GTR LM ticket I have obtained? It can't be gifted, so I assume it's US bonus DLC?

NEVER MIND! It was the prize for Suzuka 1000k.

The DLC is 100% worth it! I love trouncing Integra RMs and Civic RMs with the Prius TC at the 'Ring. Also, I discovered that turning on TCS on 1 and SRF on increases handling abilities of the Prius. I don't know if that works for all FF cars.

ZDUPH
The DLC is 100% worth it! I love trouncing Integra RMs and Civic RMs with the Prius TC at the 'Ring. Also, I discovered that turning on TCS on 1 and SRF on increases handling abilities of the Prius. I don't know if that works for all FF cars.

Srf improves all cars mate, its a driving aid for novice drivers.

Scrolled through this thread real quick, and I must say the 15+ pages of the out pour of rage are hysterical. I was tired of waiting too, but some people need to unwind a little bit. I saw that SCEA was having problems again and just laughed so hard.

On a separate note, enjoying the dlc 👍
I'd say its worth it. I bought the complete pack, and while I didn't really need the paint or suit pack, it was basically free, so pretty cool little bonus. I feel the cars were good, maybe a tad overpriced, but Spa made it all worth it. My new favorite track!

Scrolled through this thread real quick, and I must say the 15+ pages of the out pour of rage are hysterical. I was tired of waiting too, but some people need to unwind a little bit.

No kidding. :rolleyes: What's even funnier is that during that extra waiting period there were so many people constantly going off in the thread, and once the DLC finally hit it immediately became a ghost town for the rest of the day. :lol:

Kamuifanboy, yeah most likely. Try it again after an hour or so.

I got the DLC last night, but didn't even have time to put all 15 cars in my garage before the wife turned off the TV on me :(
its okay though, she made it worth my while :)
but I'm still itching to drive these new cars and see what SPA is like!!!!

Kamuifanboy, yeah most likely. Try it again after an hour or so.

I got the DLC last night, but didn't even have time to put all 15 cars in my garage before the wife turned off the TV on me :(
its okay though, she made it worth my while :)
but I'm still itching to drive these new cars and see what SPA is like!!!!

She gave you a FM4 and a Xbox??? just kidding

Check your credit card info - the CC date has probably expired.

Nope, if you look at one of my earlier posts. I stated that I tried re entering my credit card info, and then I tried a different card all to together

edit: still get the same error :( come on SONY! This further makes me very happy about my Xbox purchase earlier this month. Have yet to have a problem (fingers crossed).

edit #2: And the worst part is, it's not like I can call and complain. I live in Japan. So that call would cost a fortune..

Last edited:
To be honest, I would have waited another week. Even for the Prius, talk about unassuming looks lol.

So does this explain why I get an error code when I try to purchase it from the Playstation Store?

If you're still having problems, I don't know. I was only familiar with the US-wide epic-fail-apalooza that prevented anyone from getting the download code after purchase.

No kidding. What's even funnier is that during that extra waiting period there were so many people constantly going off in the thread, and once the DLC finally hit it immediately became a ghost town for the rest of the day.

Yeah, I went out to dinner early and got away from it all, figuring that it would be fixed when I got back. Good thing too. Glad to see that everyone's temperaments are about back to normal.

If you're still having problems, I don't know. I was only familiar with the US-wide epic-fail-apalooza that prevented anyone from getting the download code after purchase.

Well I used to live in America. So I have a US account. I don't know if purchasing the dlc in Japan would really make any difference though. I assume not.

Yep, just Japanese Internet, power, and tv really
That's as far as I can go. Sorry, man.

By the way, I envy you. You're living in Japan. I can only dream of that becoming reality for me. Bad thing is that I don't speak Japanese. Yet, another thing I hope will change in the future.

Does the PS3 also needs to be the same region as the game and the PSN? Because I have a US game and US account but my PS3 is from hong kong IIRC. Also will the dec update let any user on my PS3 have the DLC no matter the PSN nationality?

First part - it SHOULD work.
Kaz
I’m sorry, but we have to ask you to match the region of your disc and your PSN account setting.

Second part - it will become possible.
Kaz
Regarding the DLC usage for multiple accounts, we’re planning an another update for GT5 in December. In that update users who purchased cars and tracks from the DLC already, can receive a free “family upgrade” in the PS Store, which will let all users in the same PS console use the DLC.

Ok, thanks. I just want to make sure that the PS3 origin has nothing to do with getting the DLC. If someone is in a similar situation as me please tell if it works. i don't want to buy it if it is not going to work.

That's as far as I can go. Sorry, man.

By the way, I envy you. You're living in Japan. I can only dream of that becoming reality for me. Bad thing is that I don't speak Japanese. Yet, another thing I hope will change in the future.

I find the interest in Japan in this community really interesting. I'm half Japanese half American blood. So I felt it would be really interesting to live part of my life in the other half of my blood lol.

Just wondering... can you trade the DLC cars??? mygranturismo.com says it's possible, but I'd like to hear a confirmation of it :)

Latest Posts

Back