Does this peeve you off?

• Thread starter shmogt
  • 141 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
shmogt
Look how freaking detailed these sheep are. There faces are like real live sheep. Why put so much effort into making these when they are only visible at a certain camera point on like one track. They look better than some standard cars. Side note: I didn't know sheep's legs bend that way lol.

6303943351_d46b7b84f9_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Because if they didn't we'd have a thread complaining "we need better sheep"? :lol:
I see your point, much like all the "trees" complaints of GT4.

Pretty leaves, water, sheep and fields are great, but at some point you'd think cars would take priority over these side bits. :grumpy:

XXI
What the? I guess you wanted to put a picture with the text?
I'd assume he noticed while taking pictures of a standard car. 💡
Perhaps this one? BTW, I had no idea sheep were in GT5 at all, so it's a pretty good point imo.
6303942821_94f72c8411_b.jpg

yeay you found something new to complain about.👎

really, this is getting annoying.
:yuck:

The scenery is important. Would you like to be driving through a blank nothingness? We need some features, but I admit sheep I'd a bit too far.

That extra amount of detail could have been spent to make the shadows better, reduce tearing.

Patch 2.02 fix the stupid sheep's backward bending legs.

Because if they didn't we'd have a thread complaining "we need better sheep"? :lol:
I see your point, much like all the "trees" complaints of GT4.

Pretty leaves, water, sheep and fields are great, but at some point you'd think cars would take priority over these side bits. :grumpy:

I'd assume he noticed while taking pictures of a standard car. 💡
Perhaps this one? BTW, I had no idea sheep were in GT5 at all, so it's a pretty good point imo.
6303942821_94f72c8411_b.jpg

ahah yes. I went to a random cam and see these dots in the grass way off the track and zoomed in and saw sheep! Usually stuff off the track is awful, but these looked so good and there is actually tons of them.

If people find out you can change the rims they're gonna be mad...

yeay you found something new to complain about.👎

really, this is getting annoying.
:yuck:

Because this is clearly a serious critique of PD's failure as a company. Baaaaahd PD. Baaaaaahd.

Does this piss me off? This thread does; yet another pointless thing to whine about.

That should keep the welsh happy :sly: Sorry someone had to make a welsh joke may as well be me ;)

ewe blighter! <shakes fist>

ontopic, yeah I must admit I find some of Pds decisions a tad weird, but I think they just ran out of time and resources. The talent is there, Sony added superfluous crap to work on and things got sacrificed.

Excellent thread. :dunce:

PD put these little inconsequential things in the game so you will smile when you discover them and all you can do it complain about it?

There are times I wish the internet had never been invented.👎

This is a forum for all ages maybe you can edit the title with a few *** instead of using profanity i would not like my children to read such titles.

robbo6
ewe blighter! <shakes fist>

He he, reminds me.
Welshman taking his driving test.

Examiner " Could you make a U-turn?"

Welshman " Make a ewe turn! I could make its eyes water "

Excellent thread. :dunce:

PD put these little inconsequential things in the game so you will smile when you discover them and all you can do it complain about it?

There are times I wish the internet had never been invented.👎

Ah these things would be awesome if the rest of the game was as highly polished, but it's not, hence the moaning. No-one can deny PD are seemingly not very good at prioritising content. Personally I've enjoyed just walking round the tracks in photomode, the sad thing with that is the bad tracks are just truly awful when examined that closely, things you don't notice at 100mph are glaringly bad at walking pace. But on the other hand the better tracks are stunning when walked around, Monza, Madrid, Tsukuba....the details are excellent.

OMG, are people stupid or what? If I was in charge none of you complainers would be long-lived at this forum. This is too much...

Yes the standard cars are dated (as in pasted from GT4), but who cares? What I do is I simply don't use any of the standard cars. The 200+ premium cars are more than enough to satisfy me.

By the way, as far as I can tell those sheep are NOT that detailed, they just have detailed textures. I actually have some (not much, but some) experience of 3D modeling, and I'd say a modeler at PD could make one of those in less than an hour really.

By the way, as far as I can tell those sheep are NOT that detailed, they just have detailed textures.

It is not just the sheep, PD has added detailed objects to several things off the track.

Shows from the campes/vans in the 24h Nürburgring Nordschleife, the flags on toscana.

The amount of ram that these use could have been used to make the tearing issue non existent or very minor.

The spectators are just sprites(i have no deal with this) but their are high detailed flags and sheep?

I find this thread so funny! :lol:
It's down to poor prioritising by PD. There are a 1001 examples of this. This thread therefore achieves nothing.
PD are just too ambitious with the small number of staff they have in my opinion.

So they modeled a brick and put a sheep head texture on it, why get upset about that? It's done in five minutes.

It is not just the sheep, PD has added detailed objects to several things off the track.

Shows from the campes/vans in the 24h Nürburgring Nordschleife, the flags on toscana.

The amount of ram that these use could have been used to make the tearing issue non existent or very minor.

The spectators are just sprites(i have no deal with this) but their are high detailed flags and sheep?

What? Tearing is caused by missing the pageflip deadline, and it's not just RAM requirements that affect this (actually, it's memory bandwidth more than the actual quantity of memory available). The flags are just a few polys, as are the sheep. They're both small objects, so the perceived texture detail is higher than, say, a wall or a tree. I doubt much time went into either; in fact I bet collating and formatting the flag textures (required anyway) took longer.

The other thing to consider here is motivation. I bet someone had fun (I know! How dare they enjoy work!) putting those in, and, suitably buoyed, subsequently found themselves wanting to polish up some of the details on Monza, for example.

These little extraneous details are exactly what games need, on so many levels. The problem comes when the game is full of irrelevant details and missing an actual game. No, GT5 is not quite like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back