Not open for further replies.

Nato_777

Moderately Super
Premium
New Zealand
Kaikoura, NZ
Nato777
SSCW23Ban.jpg

Further explaination of the theme as given by ijkhk4.

"I want to see some beautiful or exciting shots for F1 or Kart. "

Cars: All 3 Karts, Ferrari F2007, Ferrari F10, Formula Gran Turismo.
Locations: Any.
Phototravel: Yes.
Unique Restrictions: Can be single car, multiple car, or pit action. Driver is
allowed in photo travel.

SSC_RulesPMC.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, send me a Private Message.

This Thread will answer many possible questions you may have.

• Be reminded that only the Judges favorite 10 entries will get through to each poll.
  • Do not vote on your entry.
  • Do not try to sway the poll.
  • Do not reveal or hint at the identity of any entries
  • In the event of a tie, a 24 hour poll is created.
  • In the event of a second tie, Judge's vote is the deciding factor.
  • Please, view each image in it's full size, before voting.
  • If you didn't make the poll you are encouraged to post your entry in this thread so
    everyone gets to see all the entries.

Last edited:

I can see where the judge was coming from not picking yours since it's a bit underexposed on screens that aren't very bright. And that it may be a bit centered (I don't care about the "rule of thirds" when it's in a shot with a filter), but I do not know the judge's opinion on that.

I do say (which can be said oh so many times) that I think it's better than some in the poll. I'm a bit sad to see that there aren't very many F1/FGTs in the poll, but I guess there weren't too many sent it compared to the karts. And it's a bit funny seeing how the two F1s have more votes combined than all the kart ones. That will probably change soon though.

My 1st secret try, in retrospect probably too static and too centred. Comments welcome, please.

Guess it's old school, but imho karts & cars require thier own tracks. Caused me to not vote my initial favorite poll image, sorry, just saying.
No prejudice intended or attempt to sway this poll, if judges or any member feels otherwise, comments removed immediately.

Good luck to all finalists.

W

Good luck peoples mine was this. Thought i may have had a chance

nismo33 your picture is not bad at all, but if there is a bit more sunlight at the top. The shadow and the sunlight contrast will look more amazing. Keep it up there is always another week :cheers:

This was my last minute entry which I took months ago on La Sarthe

I acutally like this shot a lot because of composition and the sense of speed, but too bad it is a bit over expose and make the red color a bit weird.

My 1st secret try, in retrospect probably too static and too centred. Comments welcome, please.

Guess it's old school, but imho karts & cars require thier own tracks. Caused me to not vote my initial favorite poll image, sorry, just saying.
No prejudice intended or attempt to sway this poll, if judges or any member feels otherwise, comments removed immediately.

Good luck to all finalists.

W

I agree the shot is a bit too static and it is a bit too "tight". It will be better if this shot is taken a bit further away.

What about mine? Too simple?
scaled.php

It is a bit empty in the left hand side of the shot and if the FGT is shot a bit upper right it will be better. Actually, you are the only one that is sending in FGT and I like that. Keep it up 👍

It is a bit empty in the left hand side of the shot and if the FGT is shot a bit upper right it will be better. Actually, you are the only one that is sending in FGT and I like that. Keep it up 👍
Argh! Should have made a one-make race and took a different picture. And wow! I never knew I stood out and entered in an FGT. Thanks!

To Nato_777,
This may be a noob question, but is it possible to change your entry in Secret Santa?

To Nato_777,
This may be a noob question, but is it possible to change your entry in Secret Santa?

No. You can find it in the first post of the thread where you send in your entries.

To Nato_777,
As FJ said no you can't - the main reason for this being that entries are PMed to the judge and it could make it very difficult for the judges to manage their PM limit with people changing their entries during the week. However, I do allow the judges to let people change/fix their entries if they fail to meet the theme requirements in some way or accidently include a signature in a 2.0 Edit week. :)

I acutally like this shot a lot because of composition and the sense of speed, but too bad it is a bit over expose and make the red color a bit weird.

I agree the shot is a bit too static and it is a bit too "tight". It will be better if this shot is taken a bit further away.

Any critisism on mine.. Always trying to learn :sly:

This was my entry

criticism would be helpful

BTW that last f1 shot looks incredible

The picture is a bit too dark and there are too many same F1 in the picture make it not too realistic. It is a good try to make a racing feel 👍

I think you should use a red helmet and try to shift the picture a bit upper left so that it will exclude the front tire and include the intake air duct. Anyway, I like this angle and the way you zoom in.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Poll closed and we have a winner. The winner is...ZEROX! - Congratulations!

And the poll entrants were;

• Meandog
  • Jason_B
  • zambuca
  • tonilleshusband
  • StoneyNUFC
  • CCShaft7
  • Soloracer3
  • Nato_777
  • ZEROX
  • Fido_le_muet

Damnit ZEROX.

Y U KEEP WINNING?

I kid, I kid. :lol:

U JELLY BRO? :lol:

All i can say is, thanks for the vote guys. :(👍
I'm a little surprise that fido's came close in the closing days.

I'll be sending the next theme a little late, sorry guys. :indiff:

Thanks Jasan. :D
Thought i won't make it with my realistic angle and panning shoot. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back