CLOSED POLL: The Photomode Competition 51 (W: Nads)

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 30 comments

THEME: My Fairlady

• [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ferrari_458/6354395327/lightbox/][img]http://farm7.static.flickr.c

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlipZtrEm

can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
pmcheaderwk51.jpg

Further explanation of the theme, provided by our winner nissanfanatic:

Nice and simple this week, boys and girls: bring any generation of Nissan's venerable Z car to
any track your heart desires, and snap some pics of Japan's queen of sports cars. Go wild!

CARS: Nissan Z cars only
LOCATIONS: Any
PHOTOTRAVEL: Any
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: See Above

gtppmcrulesc02.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, send me a Private Message.
  • Do not vote for your own entry.
    [*]Do not try to sway the poll.
    [*]In the event of a tie, a 24 hour poll is created.
    [*]In the event of a second tie or a tie in the final H2H poll, Judge's vote is the deciding factor.
    [*]Please, view each image in it's full size, before voting.
    [*]Poll consists of the Judge's favourite 25 images. For H2H weeks, 12 per poll.
gtppmcdeadline02.jpg

Yay! I'm in! :dopey:

Nads: :drool:

Last edited:
kaede - Opening the image inside Lightroom to resize could cause that too. However, that sky does look sort of strange to me; fkxpro, would you be able to post the original, straight-from-the-PS3-image anywhere? Imageshack allows non-users to host full-size images.

My vote would go to Nads, but viewing it in full-size the depth of field is all off, for my tastes. There are a few others I'm liking more; Mitch's and Nanabu's come to mind first. Gotta have a bit of a think about which to vote for... just a bit disappointed nobody attempted what I tried when we had a similar theme back in GT4:

week32slipfinal.jpg

And now, with online racing, I wouldn't have had to spend dozens of races trying to manipulate the AI into forming the right chronological order! :lol:

There are a few others I'm liking more; Mitch's and Nanabu's come to mind first. Gotta have a bit of a think about which to vote for... just a bit disappointed nobody attempted what I tried when we had a similar theme back in GT4:
:) Proud to hear that from you.
Also, your GT4 pic would've suited in here great.
If just multi-car photos would've been easier to take...:boggled:

care to explain ?
I'm kind of surprised yours isn't in here too. Reflections look perfect and DAT ASS! :drool:

Also, I think Slipz confound yours with CCShafts pic :P
Yeah I def feel like a few of these photos have had some help in the editing department.

Hmm, really? I don't think so to be honest. Most of the Entries who look awesome are from guys who compete here week over week. And I don't think they will ever cheat here. Maybe someone forgot that it's a PMC, but then again, the edited shots would be easy to spot.

Two of the shots lack a full size view.

And my vote went to bmxmitch. I was going to vote for Nads, but that shot needs to have the primary focus on the 370Z. I think it looks so strange to have it look like that.

Also, any criticism?

Last edited:
Hmm, really? I don't think so to be honest. Most of the Entries who look awesome are from guys who compete here week over week. And I don't think they will ever cheat here. Maybe someone forgot that it's a PMC, but then again, the edited shots would be easy to spot.

Exactly. if you know how to use every trick in photo mode you can take some stunning photos.

I import all my shots in to lightroom to make my picks, then export from there. In the case of this shot i made sure it had been "zeroed". I have a picasa page, just uploaded it here: url removed

also i think because the camera is looking through the tire smoke it desaturates and affects the contrast in parts.

Last edited:

care to explain ?

Its a cool photo, but the other one, the exact same colour, exact same place, had a little more appeal to me, thats all. I liked the way the photo incorporated the tunnel, it was close tho. Like i said there were 35 photos i really thought should have been in the poll but only 25 were allowed. If anyone missed out it wasn't by much. Theres always next week.

The last image link is broken because the site it was on doesn't seem to play nice with hotlinking. I've asked powerdrome to rehost the full-size and thumb at one of the recommended sites, and I'll fix it once it is :)

For those that don't know, and why I prefer Imageshack; I've never had to sign up there. You can upload images, and when you view them (when it typically gives you the link codes for thumbnails, or the page its on, or blah blah blah), just right click on the image and get the image url itself, since Imageshack stopped providing direct links to images. That bypasses it :)

Man, I'm starting to get a little depressed, :guilty: again I haven't made the poll.

Any comments?

Eiger Nordwand Short Track_16 by ANGELSFAN14, on Flickr

Was it the hood? or the red rims? or the whole thing all together?

my entry
370z4.jpg

not in :grumpy: nice poll anyway congrats everybody got in the poll

Well, personally, I think it was just a bit too blurry, and you can still see the jaggy smoke (though, not much anyone can do about that), but it was a good idea

Congratulations Beccosinho!

Your prize will be announced later this evening!​

Congrats, Beccosinho! Three cheers for you! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

congrats Beccosinho, nice image! 👍

some awesome pic's in this poll all around

guess i used the right car too, thanks nissanfanatic for inclusion in this poll
and thanks to everyone who voted for my shot :)

another rung up the ladder
W

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back