Unexpectedly Fast Cars & Sleepers

• Thread starter dabest2500
  • 567 comments
dabest2500
Well, I search but couldn't find anything.
Firstly, a sleeper is a car that isn't expected to do much, but is actually pretty fast once tuned or not. Here's a definition from Wikipedia:

"A sleeper (US English) or Q-car (British English) is a car that has high performance and an unassuming exterior. Sleeper cars are termed such because their exterior looks little or no different from a standard or economy-class car. In some cases the car appears worse due to seeming neglect on the owner's part, typically referred to as "all go and no show". While appearing to be a standard or neglected car, internally they are modified to perform at higher performance levels. The American nomenclature comes from the term sleeper agent, while the British term derives from the Q-ships used by the Royal Navy."

An example would be a fully tuned Honda Odyssey.
I would like people to contribute here with a list of sleepers that can be purchased for 500,000 Cr or less.
I plan on constantly updating this post when contributions are made.
I'll list them in order of price using mygranturismo.net to refer to.

RACE MODIFIED CARS ARE NOT SLEEPERS

Sleepers:

Midget II D type '98 = 5,458 Cr.
LEGNUM VR-4 Type V '98 = 20,911 Cr.
ODYSSEY '03 = 27,991 Cr.
Tiburon GT '01 = 29,329 Cr.
SKYLINE Sedan 350GT Type SP '06 = 38,000 Cr.
C30 R-Design '09 = 42,000 Cr.
AVANTIME '02 = 45,107 Cr.
KUSABI Concept '03 = 49,991 Cr.
typ2(T1) SambaBus '62 = 72,250 Cr.
Silverado SST Concept '02 = 94,935 Cr.

Last edited:
The Supra, you can buy it, and tune it fully for under 500,000cr

And it can outrun a fully tuned R34 GT-R.

The Supra, you can buy it, and tune it fully for under 500,000cr

And it can outrun a fully tuned R34 GT-R.

Could you please be specific for which Supra :)
Also, it doesn't have to be fully tuned for less than 500,000 Cr.
It's the price at which you purchase it which is important.

RUF CTR "Yellow Bird" '87 - best 180,000 Cr I ever spent. No tuning necessary. Tough to drive but once you get the hang of it... unbelievable.

nrburgringnordschleife6.jpg

Does the Nurby Nordy in 8.15, with 207hp and 931kg:lol:

Neon SRt-4. Can be tuned to about 613hp. Fastest FWD in the game ( In a straight line). Very cheap too if you can find one. Less than 20k if I remember right:tup:

Aren't RUFs expected to be fast anyways?

IMHO the price/performance ratio makes it a positive surprise (sleeper?), as you don't have to tune it at all and that way stay well below the 500,000 Cr limit you proposed. Sorry if I missed the point, though.

IMHO the price/performance ratio makes it a positive surprise (sleeper?), as you don't have to tune it at all and that way stay well below the 500,000 Cr limit you proposed. Sorry if I missed the point, though.

No worries, it's because it's supposed to be a modified Porsche.

The Suzuki Cappucino is a really good handling car even when stock. It may not be powerful or very fast but it's really easy to drive.

The Susuki Cappucino is a really good handling car even when stock. It may not be powerful or very fast but it's really easy to drive.

Completely forgot about that, the RM version can lap the Nurby Nordy in 7.55 using 133hp:nervous:

Lotus Elise 111R RM is also under 500k, and absolutely dominates it's power range.

Mazda Kusabi Concept, If I remeber right you can win it somwhere in the career (it's not so easy to find in the UCD) but once you get it it's like a little rocket, probably the fastest car in the game in the 200 / 250hp range, superb handling. It would be interesting see what happen if it find an Elise RM.. tough race but I would put my 2 cent on the Kusabi..

The '05 Impreza RM with 505hp can dominate the opposition in the Nurb' 4H race. Good acceleration, great handling and actually fast on the straights. This must be a sub-500K Sleeper.

The Toyota tundra fully tuned is good and can outrun people on the nurburgring. I can't believe how fast it goes. Also my diahatsu midget fully tuned did an 8:29 sec lap on the ring and that was without practice so I could shave lots of time off that.

How can anything with race mods be considered a sleeper?

A sleeper is a car you pull up to on the road that looks like a regular old car but actually has something like an LSx swap or a ton of work done to it. If I see a car with stripped interior, number plates, sponsor stickers and straight pipes, it's not really "under the radar".

The RS6 Avant is a pure animal when well tuned. 950+ hp in a wagon. Will run in the low 7.XX.xx on the Nurb when I drive it, and I've seen others get it into the 6 minute range. It also dominates drag races against a lot of cars, and I've seen people drift it :scared: The only problem with it's "sleeper" status is that most people know what it can do :/

Well... My Odyssey isn't too much of a sleeper being that its matte Pink with a wing, but its 407 hp, and definitely boogies!

The '05 Impreza RM with 505hp can dominate the opposition in the Nurb' 4H race. Good acceleration, great handling and actually fast on the straights. This must be a sub-500K Sleeper.

using this car with cockpit view feels like a rocket, 1 of the best cars for sense of speed, this goes for the mitsy lancer rm too

+1 to what freedomweasel posted. "Sleeper" (or "q-car" for the Europeans) is a term that is pretty much based on appearance alone, so I'm sorry, you can't be telling me that an RM Impreza or a Lotus of any kind qualifies as a sleeper. RS6 Avant or the older B5 RS4 Avant I can kind of understand calling a sleeper, but look at the stock widened flares on the arches of those cars and you know they're not messing around. Something like the Camry XLE v6 is closer to a sleeper than an RUF.

the Volvo C30....great handling, keep the bodykit stock and its a sleeper, mines not with full bodykit matte blue paint with yellow rims, its a swedish mauler

Back