DTM vs GT500 Sunday Weekly Event

• Thread starter easy9
  • 83 comments
United Kingdom
London
m1racing
VABlf.jpg

WJ283.jpg

This event is DTM vs GT500 series. DTM (German touring cars) and GT500 (Japanese Touring cars) are allowed. No LM or RM cars are allowed.

This is a well established weekly event for friendly and clean drivers. The rules and formats already been used for a few months. If you are looking to overtake 4 or 5 cars on the first corner and won the race on the first lap, this is the wrong event for you.

However, if you like a bit of tactical racing with long intensive battle lap after lap without the worry of getting bump off the track every corner, you have come to the right place. There are some pictures and videos onhttp://www.gt5racecentral.com/seriesdtmvsjtc.htm

You don’t have to be a very quick diver (as long as you don’t fall off the track to often) to join and enjoy race in this event, we have some sample rules and handicap systems to close up the racings.

This is a casual event at the moment, points are not kept. There is no commitment to come every week, you are free to sign up each week. However, we will start a team championship from 6th May.

Details of the event:

1) Race will be host at CLART_Lobby_3, lobby open at 6:45pm UK time (GMT+1)for warm up, Club and KGC (handicaps see section 5) start on 7:30pm and race will starts 5 min after everyone are on track, normally finish at around 10:45pm, please try to be early, we like to start on time and may not be able to wait.

2) Cars:

You can use any DTM or GT500 (see car list below) on any of the race as you like, there is no restrictions on which and how many times you change your car.
A car list on the next post.
Max Power = 562BHP
Min Weight = 1120KG (new weight limit)

3) Format of the event:

Two tracks per night. Two races per track, One short race (appox 15min to 20min) and one long race (appox 30min to 40min) per track.

4) Lobby setup (may change from time to time, but not often)

-ABS and Traction Control allowed, all other aids are off
-Damage: weak
-Penalties: weak (may be off on some tracks)
-Boost: off
-Grip reduction on track edge: low
-Tire wear/fuel consumption: on
-Slipstreaming: strong
-Mic off
-Tyres: not restricted
-Grid start with false start check
- For race 2,3 and 4, reverse grid base on previous result

5) Handicap system:

- ‘The Club’ the top 2 finishes of each race will lose 20bhp until end of the night. It is possible to lose 60bhp after 3 races!
Club 20 : with 542bhp
Club 40 : with 522bhp
Club 60 : with 502bhp

Anyone finished the night in Club 40 or 60 will start next Sunday in Club 20.

- ‘KGC’ the last 4 finishes (or last 3 finish if there are only 11 cars or less racing on the next race) of each race will start next race on 1030kg.

6) Rules:

I am sure we are all here for a good time racing, the only way I can make this DTM vs GT500 event work is if everyone behaves like sporting gentlemen at all times. You are expected to compete in a fair and honest manner, to drive responsibly in a way that’s not likely to ruin the racing enjoyment of your fellow drivers/friends, no aggressive driving please. Show some patience, no bumping other cars off the track or pushing pass, these are long races, think F1 and not touring cars, you don’t have to overtake at this corner, better to wait until the next long straight for a safe overtake.
No bad general behaviour under all circumstances, no abusive or offensive language (including but not limited to swearing) in any of the chat.

Please strictly follow the 3 rules below:

A) In the event of an accidental corner cut, or accidental collision, please make it as right as you can on the track, apology after the race is good but not good enough. If you've overtaken someone because of "questionable tactics" please allow them to get ahead of you. If you are faster, you can always overtake again on the next straight. Only safe passing please.

B) When defending on the straight, the leading car has the right to choose his own line down a straight. He can change his racing line once while driving down a straight (move from the outside line to the inside, or vice versa).
As the leading car approaches the next corner, he can return to the racing line of their choice. However, he is not allowed move into the path of the car behind and causes an accident, if you're responsible for this accident, you must stop and allow the car behind to pass you first before continue the race.

C)If you can’t see the car close from behind or side by side (may be at your blind spot) always give extra room when you turn into or out of the next corner, better then have an accident.

7) Warning system:

To give some protection to all the drivers, there is a complaint and warning system for the most serious ‘accidents’.

If someone push you off the track without stopping and let you re-pass him or someone push pass, you can send me a complaint by PM within 24 hours, let me know the time count on the replay and I will investigate and send warning if appropriate. Anyone received 3 warnings will not be welcome to this event anymore, and I will report the case to Club Clart admin.

###NEW###
8) Restarts:

If someone had a connection problem / game error at the start (disconnection or black screen etc), he must try to make his way back to the lobby and send a 'restart' massage on chat within 5 min of the start, all cars already started will race as normal. If I see the restart massage within 5 min, I will call for a restart and we will take a random grid. Only 1 restart per race.

Car list:

Group A

Manufacturer Honda

P Honda ARTA NSX (SUPER GT) '06
P Honda EPSON NSX (SUPER GT) '08
P Honda RAYBRIG NSX (SUPER GT) '06
P Honda TAKATA DOME NSX (SUPER GT) '06

S Honda LOCTITE MUGEN NSX (JGTC) '01
S Honda ARTA NSX (JGTC) '00*
S Honda Castrol MUGEN NSX (JGTC) '00*
S Honda RAYBRIG NSX (JGTC) '00*
S Honda TAKATA DOME NSX (JGTC) '03
S Honda Mobil 1 NSX (JGTC) '01

All NSX 2000 count as the same model

Manufacturer DTM

S Alfa Romeo 155 DTM
S Audi A4 Touring Car '04
S Audi Abt Audi TT-R Touring Car '02
S BMW M3 GTR
S Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5 - 16 Evolution II '92
S Mercedes-Benz CLK Touring Car '00
S Opel Astra Touring Car (Team Phoenix) '00
S Vauxhall Astra Super Touring Car '00
S Vauxhall Calibra Super Touring Car '94
S Opel Calibra Touring Car '94
S Lambo Nomad Diablo ‘00

Both Astra are count as the same model
Both Calibra are count as the same model

Group B

Manufacturer Nissan

P Nissan YellowHat YMS TOMICA GT-R (SUPER GT) '08
P Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R (SUPER GT) '08
P Nissan WOODONE ADVAN Clarion GT-R (SUP GT) '08
P Nissan MOTUL AUTECH GT-R (SUPER GT) '08
P Nissan Calsonic IMPUL GT-R (SUPER GT) '08
P Nissan XANAVI NISMO Z (SUPER GT) '06
S Nissan CALSONIC SKYLINE (JGTC) '00
S Nissan Loctite Zexel GT-R (JGTC) ’00
S Nissan MOTUL PITWORK Z (JGTC) '04
S Nissan PENNZOIL Nismo GT-R (JGTC) '99
S Nissan PENNZOIL ZEXEL GT-R (JGTC) '01
S Nissan XANAVI HIROTO GT-R (JGTC) '01
S Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R (JGTC) '03

All 2008 GTR are count as the same model
All 2000 GTR are count as the same model
All 2001 GTR are count as the same model

Manufacturer Toyota

S Toyota Castrol TOM'S SUPRA (JGTC) '01
S Toyota au CERUMO Supra (JGTC) '01
S Toyota Castrol TOM'S SUPRA (JGTC) '00
S Toyota DENSO SARD SUPRA GT (JGTC) '00
S Toyota WEDSSPORT CELICA (JGTC) '03
S Toyota WOODONE TOM'S SUPRA (JGTC) '03
P Toyota Yellowhat YMS Supra (JGTC) ’05
S Toyota Castrol TOM'S SUPRA (JGTC) '97

All 2001 Supra are count as the same model
All 2000 Supra are count as the same model
All 2003 Supra are count as the same model

Group C

Any Lexus GT500
Any DLC Japanese TC
Mitsubishi FTO Super Touring Car
Subaru IMPREZA Super Touring Car

Last edited:

img.php

This event is open to CLUB CLART members, you can sign up - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=230587 or send FR to CLART_Lobby_3

Race 1 Indy Road 11 laps Penalties set to 'off' Slipstreaming set to weak
Race 2 Indy Road 26 laps Penalties set to 'off', Slipstreaming set to weak
Race 3 Trial Mountain 15 laps Penalties set to 'off'
Race 4 Trial Mountain 25 laps Penalties set to 'off'

1)Doctor
2)richy
3)perth
4)M1racing
5)Yo
6)Dave
7)Zov
8)Hortus
9)Josh
10)jokair
11)zalus
12)Aug

limited to 12 cars only due to the online bug

standby 1)atlon (not 100% at the moment)
standby 2)aqua
standby for race 3 and 4 only)

Most likely there will be 1 or 2 drop outs by half way point (after race 2) due to connection/hardware/wife/kid/bed time....issue, so we can take one more standby for race 3 and 4 (from 8:45pm on)

Last edited:
Cars list

Super GT500-

Honda ARTA NSX (SUPER GT) '06
Honda EPSON NSX (SUPER GT) '08
Honda RAYBRIG NSX (SUPER GT) '06
Honda TAKATA DOME NSX (SUPER GT) '06
Lexus BANDAI DIREZZA SC430 (SUPER GT) '06
Lexus DENSO DUNLOP SARD SC430 (SUPER GT) '08
Lexus ENEOS SC430 (SUPER GT) '08
Lexus PETRONAS TOM'S SC430 (SUPER GT) '08
Nissan YellowHat YMS TOMICA GT-R (SUPER GT) '08
Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R (SUPER GT) '08
Nissan WOODONE ADVAN Clarion GT-R (SUP GT) '08
Nissan MOTUL AUTECH GT-R (SUPER GT) '08
Nissan Calsonic IMPUL GT-R (SUPER GT) '08
Nissan XANAVI NISMO Z (SUPER GT) '06
Honda NSX GT500 Stealth
Nissan GT-R GT500 Stealth

SUPER GT300-

Autobacs ARTA Garaiya (SUPER GT) '08
Lexus Weds Sport IS350 (SUPER GT) '08
RE Amemiya AsparaDrink RX7 (SUPER GT) '06
Subaru CUSCO DUNLOP IMPREZA (SUPER GT) '08

JGTC- Japanese Touring car racing, before being split into GT500 and GT300 classes (pre- 2005).

Autobacs ARTA Garaiya (JGTC) '03
Honda LOCTITE MUGEN NSX (JGTC) '01
Honda ARTA NSX (JGTC) '00
Honda Castrol MUGEN NSX (JGTC) '00
Honda Mobil 1 NSX (JGTC) '01
Honda RAYBRIG NSX (JGTC) '00
Honda TAKATA DOME NSX (JGTC) '03
Lamborghini NOMAD Diablo GT-1 (JGTC) '00
Nissan CALSONIC SKYLINE (JGTC) '00
Nissan C-WEST RAZO SILVIA (JGTC) '01
Nissan Loctite Zexel GT-R (JGTC) ’00
Nissan MOTUL PITWORK Z (JGTC) '04
Nissan PENNZOIL Nismo GT-R (JGTC) '99
Nissan PENNZOIL ZEXEL GT-R (JGTC) '01
Nissan XANAVI HIROTO GT-R (JGTC) '01
Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R (JGTC) '03
RE AMEMIYA ASPARADRINK RX7 (JGTC) '04
Subaru CUSCO ADVAN IMPREZA (JGTC) '03
Toyota au CERUMO Supra (JGTC) '01
Toyota Castrol TOM'S SUPRA (JGTC) '97
Toyota Castrol TOM'S SUPRA (JGTC) '00
Toyota Castrol TOM'S SUPRA (JGTC) '01
Toyota DENSO SARD SUPRA GT (JGTC) '00
Toyota SUPERAUTOBACS APEX MR-S (JGTC) '00
Toyota WEDSSPORT CELICA (JGTC) '03
Toyota WOODONE TOM'S SUPRA (JGTC) '03
Toyota Yellowhat YMS Supra (JGTC) ’05

DTM cars German Touring Cars-

Alfa Romeo 155 DTM
Audi A4 Touring Car '04
Audi Abt Audi TT-R Touring Car '02
Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5 - 16 Evolution II '92
Mercedes-Benz CLK Touring Car '00
Opel Astra Touring Car (Team Phoenix) '00
Opel Calibra Touring Car '94
Vauxhall Astra Super Touring Car '00
Vauxhall Calibra Super Touring Car '94

Other Touring Cars-

BMW 320i Touring Car '03
Honda Integra Type R Touring Car
Mazda Atenza Touring Car
Mazda Mazda6 Touring Car
Mitsubishi FTO Super Touring Car
Subaru IMPREZA Super Touring Car
Toyota Altezza Touring Car
BMW M3 GTR
All the new JTC from the new DLC pack

Good racing, glad i won first race from last :P Thrid race was a bit "do or die" moves but it was ok. Sorry had to go but thanks for the races :) First win too :D

New sign up for event on 8 Jan 2012. Happy New Year!!

There is a new supporting race start on 7pm, using street cars only. If it work well, we will have more street cars racing in the coming months:idea:

I'm Signing Up for the DTM Vs JTC race on the 8th of January .. I'm a new member to clart but ive raced with M1, perth, Doc and the gang before..

Sign me up but confused- 520pp street is what i'm signing up for -right?

The 520pp street car is a warm up race, you can sign up for just this one race and the other 4 DTM/GT500 races too, let me know.

All guys are sign up for the DTM/GT500, and will try to make the warm up race too, it is the first time we have an early warm up race, and is dinner time for some of us, so not sure if everyone can make it.

Last edited:
I'd like to sign up for this event. I've just signed up with CLART and sent FR to all accounts.

I'm in for race 1 & 2. If my daughter keeps herself busy, I might be able to make race 3 & 4.

Sign me too, thanks. When is the new LM/RM series starting?

I would love to start soon, but I have little extra time on weekdays at the moment. So best to use the DTM/JTC to test/get use to the new tyre wear systems on the next 2 or 3 Sundays and change the Sunday event to LM/GT cars.

Event is full at the moment, but there may be some no shows. Stand by guys can join in if the room is not full by 7:35pm.

Have a good race:)

I am going to drop out this week and let one of the standby's take my place, i've got to work early on Monday morning now, enjoy:)

I am good for the first two races. I don't know the Madrid track but if I can get some practice time, and stay on the track I will race 3 and 4...Bob

I am good for the first two races. I don't know the Madrid track but if I can get some practice time, and stay on the track I will race 3 and 4...Bob

Ho Bob, did you saved some replay from last Sunday. Race 2 is a good one to watch with so many different tyre strategy.

Madrid is not a easy track, most of the guys don't like it :lol:. It is very important not to over drive on this track, you will go slower and use up a lot of tyres. Just take it easy and get some practice 👍 We will be practicing on Fri night.

Back