CLOSED: GT5 Photomode/Photoshop Competition - Week 40

Australia
Adelaide
Revolution52
40header.jpg

Nato_777 was selected as the Judge's Choice winner last week, and he decided that this week ought to be a Manipulation Week.

Nato_777 also took out the public vote, and the theme he has selected is Smokey and the Bandit!

Further explanation of theme, which is chosen by Week 38 Winner, Nato_777:

Wailing sirens and flashing lights - this week I want to see some classic police chase action going on. Picture must include at least one police car (the more the merrier) and one bandit. My preference is decidedly for the smokey to be a GT5 car with police livery added - think NFS Hot pursuit for inspiration - but this is the PS comp so pretty much anything goes as long as there is GT5 content in there somewhere. Go wild and have fun.

And remember... be creative and have fun!

pscomprulesn2manip.jpg

• Photoshop or another image editing program MUST be used.
  • Each entry must have some part from a Photomode picture from Gran Turismo 5.
  • One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a comp.
  • It is recommended you host your image on ImageShack, Photobucket, or Flickr.
  • Not sure how to post a thumbnail or preview image? Read this sticky!
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
  • When submitting, use either a thumbnail or a preview image, linked to the full-sizer.
  • No full-size images posted in thread; your entry will be ignored.
  • A preview image is not only allowed, but encouraged! However, preview images can
    not exceed 500 pixels in either direction. This includes borders or drop shadow effects.
  • Winner of the public vote gets to choose the theme for the following week.
  • Public vote winners also get to select the top 12 entries for the poll the following week.
  • When selecting the top 12 entries the following week, the theme chooser will also select a
    "Judge's Choice" winner, the entry which they feel has best captured the theme.
  • The Judge's Choice winner gets to choose whether the following week will be either a
    Graphics Week or a Manipulation Week.
  • A graphics week will be primarily graphic design and layout based, for example magazine
    covers, or movie posters.
  • A manipulation week will be primarily based on photo manipulation, for example creating
    race cars in game, or making multi-car composites.
  • Winners cannot enter in their own theme!

pscompeditingn2.jpg

Being a Photoshop competition, there are no limits on editing. Use every tool at your disposal to
create the desired effect. Feel free to utilise HDR techniques, photo stitching, whatever you like!
Your only real restriction is that you must use some part of a GT5 Photomode image!
The main thing to remember is to be creative and have fun!

pscompdeadlinen2.jpg

"What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law…"
Buford T. Justice

You should have taken the Pacecar instead of faking in this police car =S

Good to see a couple more entries have come in - would love some more though. :)

I can extend the deadline, but I'd prefer not to - history has unfortunately shown that often it only yields an extra entry or two! How far away are you from completing it? I can leave it an extra day or so if you like?

FINAL ENTRY

click for big

( Its not as neat as I would like it to be but I had limited time as Iv only seen this thread 20 minutes ago^^)

Last edited:
oh 🤬 I forgot about that, I was in a hurry :banghead:

EDIT: I fixed my entry now :)

Last edited:
Wish I had seen this before, would have entered :(. Good luck to everyone. Nice photos but iNs3CuRe will be getting my vote :). I like that he used helicopters and not just cars.

Last edited:
Wish I had seen this before, would have entered :(. Good luck to everyone. Nice photos but iNs3CuRe will be getting my vote :). I like that he used helicopters and not just cars.

Thanks man 👍:)

Yeah, I thought it was a good theme and was quite surprised noone had done it yet.

Great to see a couple more entries in too btw. 👍

FINAL ENTRY
"31 County."
"I copy 31."
"Turning on a speeder that just blew by me."​

But you need a GT5

You asked for this, you are not the only one that was thinking NFSHP2, but I couldn't be bothered with this one this week.

Good to see another HP2 fan!
Was one of my favorite games growing up. I LOVED the Z8 to death.

I have a GT5.
Lambo and Ferrari.

I was going to do a mountain like scene with those exploding barrels from the helicopter 3 police units and a spike strip just being passed.

Or do a scene from NFS4 High Stakes.

FINAL ENTRY

I know I am late, just realized the deadline was yesterday. My goal was to use minimal photochopping/painting/etc and keep it as true to GT5 as possible with this one. Also to do a modern take on the theme but sticking to some of it's roots. I work like 60-80 hours a week, sometimes more so it is hard to find time to do these types of things but I've always wanted to give it a whirl. The only tweaks to original GT5 images was the front of the Camaro RM to become a T/A and the painted in police lights. Oh yeah...and of course the layering styles above the comp'd original GT5 images. Hope you all enjoy!

Click Here For Full Size
smokeycompv01x500.png

Last edited:
Revo hasn't called it closed as yet, so I suspect it's still open for late entries. Add a Final Entry text to your post and post a preview (500px max length) instead of the fullsize image you've posted and then link that to your fullsize image and you're good to go.

Revo hasn't called it closed as yet, so I suspect it's still open for late entries. Add a Final Entry text to your post and post a preview (500px max length) instead of the fullsize image you've posted and then link that to your fullsize image and you're good to go.

Thanks!

Back