CLOSED POLL: 2.0 Advanced Competition 53 (W: SMfan)

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 34 comments

THEME: Road/Race

• [url="http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7147/6447295575_d4140ce799_b.jpg"][img]http://farm8.staticflickr

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SlipZtrEm

can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
apmcheaderwk53.jpg

Further explanation of the theme, provided by Gtuned:

This week Gtuned wants multiple-car images: are you liking your new Challenger TC?
Then show it off with the normal street version! Both cars in the image must be the
same basic car, but one must represent the "Road" side (new rims and body kits are
allowed, just no race wings), while the other, the "Race" category. Other examples
would be the C4 VTS and the C4 WRC, the RS200 road car and rally versions,
and other such pairings. Go forth!

CARS: Two road/race siblings (see examples)
LOCATIONS: Any
PHOTOTRAVEL: No
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: See Above

gtpapmcrulesc02.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, send me a Private Message.
  • Do not vote for your own entry.
    [*]Do not try to sway the poll.
    [*]In the event of a tie, a 24 hour poll is created.
    [*]In the event of a second tie or a tie in the final H2H poll, Judge's vote is the deciding factor.
    [*]Please, view each image in it's full size, before voting.
    [*]Poll consists of the Judge's favourite 15 images. For H2H weeks, 8 per poll.
gtpapmcdeadline02.jpg

Voted for the GT by Citreon shot. That looks amazing!

Can I have feedback on my entry?

To be honest, I'm very disappointed that I didn't made it in here. :(
But it wouldn't have changed anything. SMfans shot will destroy anything anyways! :scared:👍

Feedback Gtuned?

I tried something different this time. But, should I have taken a shot like this or this?
Cheers :)

And good luck to all, even though, SMfan seems to be winning already...

But it wouldn't have changed anything. SMfans shot will destroy anything anyways! :scared:👍

Feedback Gtuned?

I tried something different this time. But, should I have taken a shot like this or this?

I'm stunned to be leading this early.
I'm also stunned to not see your picture in the poll as I was ready to vote for it. Like it more than mine (which doesn't happen too often:D).
Btw, thanks to everyone who voted for me.

Last edited:
Thanks for the Poll Entry - 2 in 1 week! Woohoo! :)

SMFan's shot is superb - got my vote. So deliciously muscley and retro! :dopey:

Too much light?
Well yes, and no. It's underexposed for the cars, and would of done better facing away from the light.
Voted for the GT by Citreon shot. That looks amazing!

Can I have feedback on my entry?
Loved the idea, but the distorted sides bothered me and the wheel of the Rally looked odd sticking out of the side.

Feedback Gtuned?

Mitch, I loved the shot alot and i Mean alot :drool: But one thing bothered me to no end. The bit of blurred fence post on the front of the GTR. Just how it was positioned there and kinda clipped off the front of the car bothered the hell out of me. If it was mid way/rear like the TC, it would of made it.

After further inspection, I went for DarkR's shot.
The colours are spot on. Gives it a dark, eerie feeling to it. Feels like those two cars are alone in a city being ravaged by whatever :lol:

Well yes, and no. It's underexposed for the cars, and would of done better facing away from the light.
Aw man!

Some day, I will be in the 2.0 poll and shine! :lol:

Mitch, I loved the shot alot and i Mean alot :drool: But one thing bothered me to no end. The bit of blurred fence post on the front of the GTR. Just how it was positioned there and kinda clipped off the front of the car bothered the hell out of me. If it was mid way/rear like the TC, it would of made it.

I knew it! :boggled:
Thanks though :)

(gotta love those Christmas smileys :lol:)

Okay, So here's the Prize cars. a Souped up Impreza Time Attack RM and a tuned street cruiser, Made completely opposite of each other.

Oppo by gtuned.10, on Flickr

If you'd of entered that you'd of won!! :lol:

:drool:

Thought I'd go for something a little different on this one. Any critique on my entry G man?

Thought I'd go for something a little different on this one. Any critique on my entry G man?

I did love the use of Panning mode one, but if it was backed away a bit and showed more of both R33's it would of made it. The focus on the number was distracting a bit as well as the blurred front clip of the stock R33

I guess I just picked the wrong week to experiement with so many strong pics in the competition. I had a back up so maybe I should of gone with it. Never mind. Here it is anyway, still think my Nissan shot was better :) Cheers G 👍

mclaren | GT1

--

6462515487_c8e3a03afb.jpg

--

I would also like some feedback as to why I didn't get in if I may :).

Interesting poll. Decisions, decisions...

I would also like some feedback as to why I didn't get in if I may :).
Simply a bit too much grain for my tastes, I did like the idea, but all the noise distracted from it.

Well... This is a surprising final result, almost shocking... ;)
And thanks for all the votes, I wasn't expecting 6th place. But seems like my strange experiment worked our pretty nicely. And congrats Alex, your shot is just fantastic. 👍

Last edited:
6 vote are more than enough.
Thanks guys! *^*

Cngratz SM! Very well deserve win!
When the shoot first post, i thought this is the winner and the nightmare comes true. :P

I can say all the shoot that make the poll are astonishing!

Latest Posts

Back