GT Academy 2012 (NA) General Discussion

• Thread starter paskowitz
  • 3,455 comments
So last year when you (or anyone who ran last year) competed in the initial scramble how did things play out? Did they just give you a car and a track and took the top 10 times from that track from your region?

Post Edit:
Found was I was looking for in the 2k11 FAQ

Last edited:
R1600Turbo
I would insist everyone in the "North America" region wait until the contest is officially posted on the North American GT site before assuming you are excluded. ;)

That feels like a tease, don't do that:P

Actually I have no idea. :lol:

But it hasn't been posted on there yet and we don't know the official rules for the competition, so it's probably best if we just chill for a few days and see what pops up. :)

The disk drive in my playstation has been broken since before last years finals, so i am glad it will be downloadable! I am not sure if I am going to have time for it though because im going to be graduating and getting a job ect.

Havent read through this thread but I just wanted to say that I'm excited to take part in another GT Academy competition!

TRC is hoping to make a stronger showing this time around. Look out for TRC Scooty, our resident iRacing pro. Also, Dr_3wide_skills has recently joined the TRC family. =)

I'm looking forward to see what the Dr. prescribes this time around. :)

Havent read through this thread but I just wanted to say that I'm excited to take part in another GT Academy competition!

TRC is hoping to make a stronger showing this time around. Look out for TRC Scooty, our resident iRacing pro. Also, Dr_3wide_skills has recently joined the TRC family. =)

Good to see a few older Forza names over on Gran Turismo making an impact, all we need now is PpR to do it, let the old school battle begin! :crazy:

Welcome back!

I know we can expect you to be a contender this year. :sly:

Thanks, Turbo. I cant say that I've fully recovered from the depression I experienced from narrowly missing out last time, but I'm ready to give it another go! With the competition being available to everyone now, there is no doubt that it will be much tougher this time around.

I'm just wondering if last year's qualifiers will be eligible again. I would have loved to see what Fixbywire would have done in the final race.

I'm just wondering if last year's qualifiers will be eligible again. I would have loved to see what Fixbywire would have done in the final race.

From what I hear we will be. Although the chances of us making it that far again are very slim with the amount of people that will be competing this year. They expect the number of participants to quadruple.

A day later, wishing we had an idea of what tracks we would be running on. Im not familiar with the tracks pictured in the news post (if those were the tracks we would be running on)

A day later, wishing we had an idea of what tracks we would be running on. Im not familiar with the tracks pictured in the news post (if those were the tracks we would be running on)

They're in the game already. Looks like High Speed Ring, SSR5, Tokyo R246 and London.

I have it on high authority

Any chance you could ask this high authority when Canada will get a shot at this?
I've been training a long time for it and am sure I would make it if I was eligible.
I would move to the U.S. to compete but that's not allowed either.

Any chance you could ask this high authority when Canada will get a shot at this?
I've been training a long time for it and am sure I would make it if I was eligible.

You sure your not allowed move to compete?
At the Irish Finals in 2010, there were Hungarian, Polish, and others,
About 12 of the 20 were Irish.

Most info from this high authority is not shareable. At the moment you'll just have to wait and see. Last I heard they wanted to include Canada and Mexico, but they may have run into legal issues yet again.

Hope you get in man, I'm pretty darn sure you would make the final.

Training has gone well seems like I haven't forgot the game as much as I thought I would. Pulling in two a days on fitness and even working with the neuroscience department on campus to work reaction times and memory tests. Sure I may not make it but I have to believe I will and prepare for that.

Would anybody happen to know the answer to my question...
I'm in China (but a U.S. citizen) for now and will be in China for the duration of the first competition, will I still be able to participate?

Last edited:
I participated last year, was a great time. Didn't expect to get far, my goal was to get through the first round but missed it by less than .1. Was really fun though. Will they be using the same cars as last year? Last year I didn't get started till it was well underway. This year I'd like to get a jump on it.

Thanks man! I'm sure I would too. Fingers crossed they stop screwing Canada (and many other countries) over and actually let us compete for something.

Maybe you should bring it up with Canadian laws. It's not Sony leaving you out, it's laws in Canada making it hard for them to include you. ;)

Training has gone well seems like I haven't forgot the game as much as I thought I would. Pulling in two a days on fitness and even working with the neuroscience department on campus to work reaction times and memory tests. Sure I may not make it but I have to believe I will and prepare for that.

:D

Maybe you should bring it up with Canadian laws. It's not Sony leaving you out, it's laws in Canada making it hard for them to include you. ;)

I will have to try. I fear this may be my only hope of making it in the racing world unless I win the lottery or get picked up by a sponsor (hint hint race teams). Thanks for the help, and best of luck to you and everyone else lucky enough to be born in a country that supports it's talent!

I will have to try. I fear this may be my only hope of making it in the racing world unless I win the lottery or get picked up by a sponsor (hint hint race teams). Thanks for the help, and best of luck to you and everyone else lucky enough to be born in a country that supports it's talent!

ill marry you for coaching!

^^lmao.

What would be a good way to practice for the GT Academy?

I was thinking of using a few Nissan's (370z, GTR, Leaf, etc.) and getting familiar with the 4 mentioned track's.

Back