Not open for further replies.

Nato_777

Moderately Super
Premium
New Zealand
Kaikoura, NZ
Nato777
SSCW32Ban.jpg

Further explaination of the theme by Beccosinho.

"As we all know Kaz is a massive lover of the Nissan GT-R, so to celebrate the new year get into
any road version of the Nissan Skyline GT-R/GT-R and take it to the Nurburgring.
You may also even do multi car shoots? Happy New Year and have fun!"

Cars: All Nissan Skyline GT-R/GT-R and Prototype's (Normal Versions Only).
Locations: All Nurburgring/Weather Change.
Phototravel: No.
Unique Restrictions: Just make sure that GT-R/Skyline is not a racing version!

SSC_Rules-2.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, send me a Private Message.

This Thread will answer many possible questions you may have.

• Entries for the competition this week must be sent to the Judge Beccosinho Via
    Private Message and not posted in this thread, any pics posted in this thread will not be
    considered for the poll. Use the Submit Entry button to ensure your entry goes to the judge.
  • Your PM must consist of a preview image no bigger than 500px at the largest side with a
    direct link to the full size image.
  • Your first entry will be your last, you will not be allowed to change your entry so be happy
    with it.
  • One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a competition.
  • Do not use a photo from your Gallery or post your photo shoot in your Gallery until after
    the competition (and poll if you made it) has closed.
  • Preview images can not exceed 500 pixels in either direction.
  • A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
  • Winner chooses the following week's theme and becomes Judge for that week.
  • Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
  • The Judge will select the top 10 entries and PM to the Host for the poll.
  • The poll entries will then all be hosted by me so that links cannot be traced to the owner
    of the photo.
  • The Host may ask for the original image and it must be submitted if so.
    It's recommended to save the original image (preferably in-game) until week's ends.
  • It is recommended you host your image on ImageShack, Photobucket, or Flickr.
SSC_Editing-2.jpg

What you may not do to a photo:

• Alter the geometry of the car. No stickers, or body modifications not available in game.
  • Add shapes or objects from outside of GT5.
  • Add a signature or personal watermark.
  • Add lens flares or "artistic" filters to image.
  • Remove items from shot (scenery, other cars).
  • Use more than 1 image (HDR, photo-stitching, multi-exposure).
  • "Creative cropping". The main "image" must be four-sided, with 90-degree, upright corners.
  • Selective car colour changing: masking different parts to create racing stripes or similar.

What you may do to a photo:

• Crop and/or resize an image.
  • Adjust the level or curve values.
  • Alter the colour tone of the image (gradient maps, photo filters, colour balance, etc).
  • Car body colour change (all stickers/design features must remain, see "Remove Items" rule).
  • Adjust brightness, contrast, exposure, shadow/highlights.
  • Enhance shadows or highlights (dodge and burn tools in Photoshop, for example).
  • Add noise and/or diffuse glow.
  • Add a post-game tilt-shift blur, or apply a motion blur to a stationary Photomode shot.
  • Make use of Layer Blend Modes.
  • Use a Sharpening filter and/or tool.
  • Scale or enlarge rims.
  • Remove or modify license plates.
  • Remove the GT watermark.
  • Clean up or fix jaggies, texture pixelation, or colour separation.
  • Add a vignette effect.
Failure to follow these rules will result in ignored entries and/or disqualification!
SSC_Deadline-2.jpg

Sunday 08.01.12

SSC_PrizeCar32.jpg

Last edited:
I am away for a couple of days so as with CCCL I'm starting this weeks competition a little earlier before I leave. This weeks poll may be a day or so late starting, though I may get a chance to borrow a computer and post it around the usual time.

Happy New Year :cheers:

What about a Mine's or Amuse Skyline?

EDIT:
So far there are:
Any Road-R35
Any Road-R34
Any Road-R33
Any Road-R32
KPGC10
KPGC110

So what about Nismo, Amuse, Mine's and all the other tuner cars?

Last edited:
Are we allowed to have the GT-R modified?
Yes you can use a modified Skyline GT-R/GT-R, however I'd prefer it to look as standard as possible.
Unique Restrictions: Just make sure that GT-R/Skyline is not a racing version!
No Amuse, Mine's or any other tuner models.

Last edited:
Would it be alright to enter an edited version of a previously un-edited image in my gallery, or do I need to go and take some fresh photos?

Would it be alright to enter an edited version of a previously un-edited image in my gallery, or do I need to go and take some fresh photos?

I've entered the same image into two competitions, one edited, one not and i wasn't told of a problem so i think you can

Last edited:
Do we have to say "entry sent" to have it officially considered, or just send it?

Either way, entry sent. :)

I'll be trying to enter, but I've got like... one minute. So you could close as soon as you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back