Votes: 1 50.0%
  • SZRT Ice's Sub Zero Racing Team

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
Southeast MI
BubbleBelly542
The idea here is to create a PS3 theme based on GT5. You will use photos taken from GT5 for wallpapers, and you can do GT related XMB icons (like for the Game or Settings columns), and even add sounds.

Software and instruction can be found below to create themes.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/06/06/how-to-make-your-own-ps3-themes/
Also, a bit easier:
www.ps3-themes.com
Just find the Theme Creator Software. Thanks to Nuschel01 for that information.

Rules:
-Editing is allowed
-Photos must be from GT5
-Theme must have a name, preferrably something that fits with the theme itself
-Must be original (no downloading from other sites)

To upload them for judging, add them to a website that allows file sharing or create a free website that allows the uploading of files. (I believe some free site makers like webs.com offer this, but I am not exactly sure). Then post a link to the download here. When I get submissions, I will add a poll.

To download themes to a computer: http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/2317409?start=0&tstart=0

And from the PS3: http://www.ehow.com/how_4460453_install-themes-ps3.html

Any questions on any of this, feel free to PM me or post here.

There is no prize for winning and is strictly for fun.

The deadline for this competition in February 1, 2012.

Also, please suggest things for the competition. I want it to be very user friendly and entertaining for everyone. There will hopefully be more rounds. THIS IS THE FIRST. So please, spread the word and help make this a great competition.

Here are Round 1 Entries:

Cat at Kyoto by Nuschel01 (the first entry of the competition):

Download here

Last edited:
why I have to create a website? I'm using filefront for uploading things, isn't that allowed here?

Nuschel01
why I have to create a website? I'm using filefront for uploading things, isn't that allowed here?

That would work too, the way I described it may not have made sense, so I rewrote it.

I'll be in, actually I've kind of been working on a GTP/GT5 theme that I was just going to share somewhere in the forums for anyone to download so this works fine.

I'll make some photos today ;) Maybe at the end of the week I have something to show ;)

I quite like the idea, Its abit too in depth for me to enter though, Hopefully when you say suggestions your meaning for future ideas like Themes for Google Chrome made with GT5 imagery and such :).

ghostrider135
I quite like the idea, Its abit too in depth for me to enter though, Hopefully when you say suggestions your meaning for future ideas like Themes for Google Chrome made with GT5 imagery and such :).

It's really simple to make your themes, just try the PS3 Theme Editor edited to the OP ;)

ghostrider135

Look for the easier way I posted.

I did not mean things such as Google Chrome themes, rather better ways of doing it or new rules, etc... But you should start that competition.

Would anyone be opposed to me entering this competition?

I'm assuming all entries will go into a poll of sorts (maybe we need to have some screen shots of our themes?) In which case as long as you are not judging/choosing entries I can't see anything wrong with you entering aswell. :)

Nato_777
I'm assuming all entries will go into a poll of sorts (maybe we need to have some screen shots of our themes?) In which case as long as you are not judging/choosing entries I can't see anything wrong with you entering aswell. :)

Yes it will be a poll. Also, I will vote, but not for myself (you would prefer me not voting.) Screen shots are great as well as actual downloads. I think I will put all download links into the OP eventually so everyone can access them easily.

Hopefully this proves popular enough for a second round. I'll try to make one at the end of the month but if not you'll have 1 more person for round 2 :)

One more thing, if one wanted to add sounds, would they have to record them from the game?

gjeff12
One more thing, if one wanted to add sounds, would they have to record them from the game?

Well, you can if you want. Sounds are not necessary. I would be willing to bet sounds are not going to be a community thing here, but I'm probably wrong... I think for sounds you could probably just do a sound like "ding" or something, I wouldn't necessarily say that the sounds have to be car related.

If you want it to become popular, please tell people. I hope it becomes fairly popular. Maybe but the link to the thread in your signature? I'd appreciate it all!

bunchchristian
Hey!! how do I download/install the themes??

Well, it's easiest to do it from your PS3, as the browser will recognize that is a theme file. So here it is:

PS3: 1)Open the browser. 2) to where the file is located, either come here and click the link or another way. Doesn't matter.
3) Go to where you can download it and press Triangle, Save Target (or something like that, but it says Save and Target in it).
4) It should begin downloading, and if not that isn't where the file is at.

Computer: 1) Find the file
2) Click the download link, and download it to a specific place. Create a folder called PS3, then THEME, and yes it needs to be caps... Put it on a memory stick.
3) Plug in your thumb drive to your PS3. Go to Theme Settings, and there will be a way to get it from a USB drive.
This may be wrong and I'll post a link in a bit as to how to do this.
It's been a long time since I've done it this way.

Edit: Link to do it from a computer: http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/2317409?start=0&tstart=0

What????? And the cat theme also has cars. I wondered earlier but it was all cleared up.

I was referring to the link in my signature. As for the theme, I am currently without an hdmi cable so the SD version of the cat should show but it doesn't.

EDIT: Weird, it works now. Looking closer I understand the cat. Still, where are the cars?

Last edited:
gjeff12
I was referring to the link in my signature. As for the theme, I am currently without an hdmi cable so the SD version of the cat should show but it doesn't.

Oh. No signatures on the app. Mind posting it as an actual post? Or PMessaging me the link?

Thanks to my ps3 freezing, I now see the theme and I like it! 👍 Nuschel01

gjeff12
Just making sure you meant to enter a picture of a cat.

P.S. It doesnt even work in standard definition.

It has 4 changing backgrounds. And I have no idea why your PS3 freezes or anything other error.

Last edited:
It has 4 changing backgrounds. And I have no idea why your PS3 freezes or anything other error.

Sorry if I sounded like I was blaming you. I figure I had too many browser windows open. So far I've seen the cat and one Jag.

Is this going to be themed each week/month or will it be free to do whatever?

Latest Posts

Back