CLOSED POLL: The Photomode Competition 58 (W: Raphaele)

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 84 comments

THEME: The Best GT5 Has To Offer

• [URL="http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/6050/toscana10.jpg"][IMG]http://img833.imageshack.us/img833

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [URL="http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6161/6185717336_fbc23e469f_b.jpg"][IMG]http://farm7.static.flic

• [URL="http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/4679/toskanaasphalt41.jpg"][IMG]http://img6.imagebanana.com/img

• [URL="http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j470/Nato_77/GT5%20Gallery/ToscanaTarmac_17.jpg"][IMG]http

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlipZtrEm

can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
pmcheaderwk58.jpg

Further explanation of the theme, provided by FishyJuice:

Let's start 2012 off by showing off one of the best combinations in GT5: take any
premium car of your choosing to Toscana!

CARS: Any Premium models
LOCATIONS: Toscana courses
PHOTOTRAVEL: No
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: See above

gtppmcrulesc02.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, send me a Private Message.
  • Do not vote for your own entry.
    [*]Do not try to sway the poll.
    [*]In the event of a tie, a 24 hour poll is created.
    [*]In the event of a second tie or a tie in the final H2H poll, Judge's vote is the deciding factor.
    [*]Please, view each image in it's full size, before voting.
    [*]Poll consists of the Judge's favourite 25 images. For H2H weeks, 12 per poll.
gtppmcdeadline02.jpg

Awh, no poll for Zach this week. :indiff:
Feedback please? But I would assume there isn't enough car in the picture.

Honestly, this is a great picture, the clouds look stunning. The problem for me, is that the car is too dark (although it makes the headlights show in a very nice way). I think I'd put it in the poll...

here's mine...any feedback? (aside from being a bit too dark...)

20 by RodsGT5, on Flickr

I can't believe neither of my entries made poll this week, especially this one seeing as theres 2 pictures that feature pretty much the same car at the same angle. But anyway... feedback?
picture.php

:( mine didn't make it to the poll!
any feedback?

Very realistic looking picture. I really enjoyed this one and it is one of the top 5 of the week for me. Maybe the blurriness of the background made the judge go another way.

For some reason, I do not like that gas station very much, but you made it work.

Very nice first picture, I'll keep an eye on what you post in the upcoming weeks.

Very very tough for me to choose between the Gallardo and the LFA.. but I feel the LFA has a better picture overall with the motion blur..

To dark to even see what GT5 is offering

Honestly, this is a great picture, the clouds look stunning. The problem for me, is that the car is too dark (although it makes the headlights show in a very nice way). I think I'd put it in the poll...

here's mine...any feedback? (aside from being a bit too dark...)

20 by RodsGT5, on Flickr
Too dark as well. You can see the car but it's just too dark to really know what it's offering

I can't believe neither of my entries made poll this week, especially this one seeing as theres 2 pictures that feature pretty much the same car at the same angle. But anyway... feedback?
picture.php

I know cars pretty well so I'm pretty sure it's an Evo, but this was not the best execution of what GT5 has to offer. Not to mention it's a bit out of focus? Maybe it's not focused on the moving car? I'm not sure

Very realistic looking picture. I really enjoyed this one and it is one of the top 5 of the week for me. Maybe the blurriness of the background made the judge go another way.

For some reason, I do not like that gas station very much, but you made it work.

Very nice first picture, I'll keep an eye on what you post in the upcoming weeks.

Yeah, I think the gas station had serious effect on the picture since nobody seems to like it, I was the only one who showed it!! :embarrassed:
Well I'll try to make it to the poll next time

Yeah its an Evo, i thought id try this angle as i dont think ive ever seen this done before, out of curiosity what are you viewing the picture on as that may be the cause of it being out of focus.

picture.php

I don't understand much of picture world :lol: , but I think that picture is cool , you only need to give her a bit of shine , if you see the diferences between my editied pics and original gt5 pics you will see that gt5 look grey even with sun and that's what's happening to your , cool but grey :S

I can't 'give her a bit of shine' shes matte orange! Lol, also read my post on the other thread anf you'll see why i cant edit them :/.

:( mine didn't make it to the poll!
any feedback?

I think it's pretty cool. Just the right amount of blur on the gas station.

Looking at my entry now, I think I picked the wrong car.

At least I got a fun track out of it.

Umm... I'm pretty new to this. Is this where I post my Final Entry? :dopey:

Thanks for your patience! :)

Umm... I'm pretty new to this. Is this where I post my Final Entry? :dopey:

Thanks for your patience! :)

I'm new also, but i got it fast lol!
no, this is where they vote for the best photo, you can post your entry on the next contest. :)

I'm new also, but i got it fast lol!
no, this is where they vote for the best photo, you can post your entry on the next contest. :)

Whoops, looks like I'm a bit late!

Thanks! :)

Edit: Those who posted pics here only ask for feedback, right?

Yes, that's right although i guess you could post your picture and see what people thinks about it, although i'm not sure if you can do that lol

Didn't make the poll either.. But I ain't even mad because awesome LFA :lol:

I would like feedback though.. Im guessing not enough road. AND the stupid bush thing on the left :C

That was my favorite picture. Too bad it didn't make it

I'm stoked I've been in the poll 2 weeks in a row having started just 2 weeks ago! :D

In saying that, I don't mean to rock the boat, but the few times I've looked to vote, I scroll through the pictures, and scroll some more, and some more. I just find there's too many photos and I can't pick my favorite or one to vote on.

Has there ever been the thought of having top 15 instead? or splitting the vote week, giving poll 1 multiple choice, 2 or 3 votes for each user, then having a 2nd poll with the top 10 from poll 1? Just a thought. I find too much choice can be a bad thing, and when I scroll through 25 odd entries, I just don't know what to pick, so I don't pick any.

I'm stoked I've been in the poll 2 weeks in a row having started just 2 weeks ago! :D

In saying that, I don't mean to rock the boat, but the few times I've looked to vote, I scroll through the pictures, and scroll some more, and some more. I just find there's too many photos and I can't pick my favorite or one to vote on.

Has there ever been the thought of having top 15 instead? or splitting the vote week, giving poll 1 multiple choice, 2 or 3 votes for each user, then having a 2nd poll with the top 10 from poll 1? Just a thought. I find too much choice can be a bad thing, and when I scroll through 25 odd entries, I just don't know what to pick, so I don't pick any.

Funnily enough, the poll size was originally 30 for PMC, and 20 for 2.0. However, many people voiced similar comments about the size, and we dropped down to the current 25/15 (or two sets of 12 or 8, when each respective competition has an H2H theme). The two-tiered poll idea is an interesting one, though that'd create a bit more workload each week, especially with H2H. Plus, half the challenge in voting is only having one vote to give away! :P

I think its sick, when i was thinking about finding a contest to focus on this week, i saw that shot and gave up lol.

Thanks! Nothing's more annoying in these competitions than giving it your all, and having people drooling over the pic above yours. :guilty:

Yeah, although i guess you could post your pic asking for feedback.
But i'm not really sure about that since you didn't post it before lol

SVX
C & C please?

First off, I really like your angle. I think there are only 2 reasons you may not have made the poll. 1. The viewpoint is unique so you either like it alot, or don't like it at all. 2. There were so many great entries this week that most of us didn't make it even with a quality that would win other weeks. (This is the way I like to think of it) In any case we still get to see lots of creativity and work on our skills for next time.

I just noticed that most of the cars in the poll are in at least 2 pictures. Someone likes Ferraris :odd:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back