CLOSED: GT5 Photomode/Photoshop Competition - 3.0 TRIAL - Week 44

Status
Not open for further replies.
Australia
Adelaide
Revolution52
44header.jpg

Welcome to the Photomode 3.0 Trial Week! Things are a little different this week, so pay attention! Rather than Manipulation or Graphics, this week is an Enhancement Week.

Chromatic9 was selected as the Judge's Choice and also went on to win the poll, and the theme he has selected is Head Turners!

Further explanation of theme, which is chosen by Week 42 Winner, Chromatic9:

"Take to the streets in your best looking car and stop people in their tracks."

CARS: Any
LOCATIONS: City/Town
PHOTOTRAVEL: Yes, if in a city or town. No Red Bull Hanger, for example.
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: "I'm not necessarily looking for people in the background, it could be parked up or whatever. Must be a tasty car but I'll leave that to your discretion."

This is still the Photoshop Competition, so remember... be creative and have fun!

44rules.jpg

• Photoshop or another image editing program MUST be used.
  • Your may only use images from Gran Turismo 5.
  • One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a comp.
  • It is recommended you host your image on ImageShack, Photobucket, or Flickr.
  • Not sure how to post a thumbnail or preview image? Read this sticky!
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
  • When submitting, use either a thumbnail or a preview image, linked to the full-sizer.
  • No full-size images posted in thread; your entry will be ignored.
  • A preview image is not only allowed, but encouraged! However, preview images can
    not exceed 500 pixels in either direction. This includes borders or drop shadow effects.
  • Winner of the public vote gets to choose the theme for the following week.
  • For the purposes of this trial week, a top 15 will be chosen by the judge for the poll.
  • Winners cannot enter in their own theme!

44editing.jpg

This week is a trial of a proposed '3.0 Competition', a step up above and beyond the existing 2.0 Comp, free of the restrictions that competition places upon Photoshop usage. In terms of tools, filters and techniques, you are effectively unlimited - feel free to utilise HDR imaging, photo-stitching or add lens flares or filters. You are also welcome to remove elements from your image, e.g. distracting signs or distant cars. In essence, you are free to do anything a professional photographer would do to enhance his 'real' photographs.

There are two things you are asked not to do. Do not alter the geometry of your car (no stickers or body modifications not available in game), and do not add objects from outside of GT5, signatures and other graphical elements (within reason) excepted. Apart from that, have fun!

44deadline.jpg

Welcome to the trial of Photomode 3.0! This is designed to be a no-holds-barred photographic competition for anyone with the skills to participate. Conceptually it is similar to the existing 2.0 Advanced competition, in that it is a photography competition in which you are encouraged to post-process your images. However it differs with the 2.0 in that you are effectively unlimited in what you can do in Photoshop or your editing software of choice! There are a couple of small caveats however, please scroll up and read through the rules and editing sections, important things are highlighted in red.

If anybody has any questions please either contact me by PM or post right in this thread, and I or somebody else will get back to you shortly!

Anyhow! Read the new rules, check out the theme, get shooting and 'shopping and have fun! :D

Note: Shout out to sixtoes, s12ken and GPR whose images adorn the banners above. The SLR is mine. :P

Photoshop or another image editing program MUST be used.

Naa you need to edit them, May give this a go wanted to try some more adventurous editing for a while!

I am interested to try this but...anyone know of a "quick and dirty" guide to HDR and how to use/fake it? :embarrassed:

Stupid me, it's the first rule...lol! :ouch:

Think I already got an idea! :D

I figured that this trial is still running under the "Photoshop Comp" banner so I'd make PS (or equivalent software) a requirement :P

Just one question.

Are we allowed to change entries as in other competitions?
Yep, feel free :)

One more question - will there still be a Judge's Choice, and will they still choose the competition type, or will this comp now go into a rotation? OK so that's 3 questions really. ;)

I haven't really worked out the final details of whether this comp will stick around after this trial - I'm looking forwards to seeing what sort of response it gets before deciding to make it a permanent thing! After the completion of this week we can get to figuring out what the future of the '3.0' will be.

For the purposes of this week we will have a Judge's Choice who will choose between Manipulation and Graphics for next week when we get back to the regular swing of things :)

Whoever came up with this idea and theme deserves not just a cookie but a whole jar full of cookie loveliness, I wont stand a chance but this is going to be AWESOME :D 👍

somehow i dont understand the theme :/

can some one explain it for a 10 year old boy please ?

cheers

somehow i dont understand the theme :/

can some one explain it for a 10 year old boy please ?

cheers

Basically it sounds like you take a supercar or something flash to a town location, For example a Ferrari in london and the picture editing is pretty much no holds barred as in almost everything goes except for.....There are two things you are asked not to do. Do not alter the geometry of your car (no stickers or body modifications not available in game), and do not add objects from outside of GT5, signatures and other graphical elements (within reason) excepted. Apart from that, have fun!

Hope that helps :).

Basically it sounds like you take a supercar or something flash to a town location, For example a Ferrari in london and the picture editing is pretty much no holds barred as in almost everything goes except for.....There are two things you are asked not to do. Do not alter the geometry of your car (no stickers or body modifications not available in game), and do not add objects from outside of GT5, signatures and other graphical elements (within reason) excepted. Apart from that, have fun!

Hope that helps :).

yes it helped much but what about panorama pics or HDR ? or gif. pics ? or all in one ? :D

Is the Z4 a supercar? Is Ahrweiler a town?

Is the Z4 a supercar? Is Ahrweiler a town?

Z4 is not a supercar but you can still use it as this is not limited to a supercar but can be anything flashy.

Ahrweiler is a region in north Germany, it's capital is Bad Neuenahr-Ahrweiler.

Well the part of Ahrweiler in the game is "Bad Neuenahr-Ahrweiler" as I have seen the location of google maps, I found the square where the hotel and tree is and where the gate is as well.

So I can't see why not.

But as you can see by mitch's entry motion makes the shot look good but it all depends on the shot, even a standing still one can be great.

Final Entry.......maybe :)

Parked up to get a coffee, come back and all these guys are checking out my ride! :sly:

Final Entry

If you're wondering what's so 3.0 about it, it's the slight HDR effect.
Haven't had a proper entry in a while, but I think this one has at least some chance.

How do I do a High Dynamic Range shot?

Say it in stupid as I am stupid when it comes to photoediting.

Forget about my "Ahrweiler" comment. I'm not gonna use that place. Anyways, here is my...

FINAL ENTRY

Just added HDR and lens flare. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back