Gt5 bathurst leaked?

• Thread starter dodge2217
  • 1,021 comments
Throw some rain in and its definatly more exciting:

Oh, and I do stand corrected about the rumble strip on the exit of 2...

I was at Bathurst yesterday watching the 12 Hour race, so this thread certainly sucked me in - I'd certainly love the track to be in GT5 more than any other in the world.

Now as Nissan has decided to rejoin the V8 Supercars Championship, I think that Bathurst has moved a lot closer to becoming part of GT5.
Because it will help raise the interest in V8 Supercars out side Australia, especially in Japan and with Bathurst being the most famous track, it would be the obvious choice

Now as Nissan has decided to rejoin the V8 Supercars Championship, I think that Bathurst has moved a lot closer to becoming part of GT5.
Because it will help raise the interest in V8 Supercars out side Australia, especially in Japan and with Bathurst being the most famous track, it would be the obvious choice

Yes, that's right - or at least a good chance to get some Nissan V8 Supercars in game.

Maybe Kaz will come and enter the Bathurst 12 Hours one year and get a better appreciation of the track, it's even more remarkable in real life.

What makes it so fun is the V8 supercars are pretty much like NASCARs

Heavy: They are 3,000lbs where nascar is 3,500lbs.
Engines: Are 5L(305ci) Fuel injected V8s with 2 valves per cylinder(kind of old tech) and are limited to 7,500RPM, max horse power is 650HP.
Gearboxes: All the same.

So in a way these are like NASCARs which are big heavy power beasts which are bloody hard to control, now on a bumpy mountain track you need to pay attention to what you are doing all the time because one mistake and you will be in the wall.

If Nissan and Chrysler join I may start watching V8's again as I lost interest because it has been the same thing Holden vs Ford, Ford vs Holden.

That can only be done so much before it gets boring.

With 4 makes it will be more interesting to watch.

Lucky you! Bathurst rocks!!!

I was watching the support races and alike the Saturday I posted due to talking to brother in law about what was told to him. I didnt watch the race on the Sunday but I did stream it when I returned home. I have actually back when I was young and silly drive my fathers falcon over the top at an average speed of 110kms XD. Wouldn't do it now. It he brother law did a few Bathurst car club sprints around the track as various times in 2010. I have personal experience with the track but 60 to (80 to 100km spurts) on it I would love to have a lash at it using my Xanani gtr with my g27 cockpit setup on it given it wouldn't be the same as a real life lap but awesome none the less.

Snaeper
I like Bathurst and I want to be able to race on it... that being said though I just can't see it working out very well as an online racing track. Narrow sections on the mountain, high speeds with lots of terrible passing, high speed corners that'll encourage leaning and all that jazz.

I want the track, but I'm just not looking forward to racing on it very much. We'll see, though.

Note: If it was DLC, I'd buy it, but I'd much rather wait for it to be a part of GT6.

The rfactor mod version is one of the most popular.

I like Bathurst and I want to be able to race on it... that being said though I just can't see it working out very well as an online racing track. Narrow sections on the mountain, high speeds with lots of terrible passing, high speed corners that'll encourage leaning and all that jazz.

I want the track, but I'm just not looking forward to racing on it very much. We'll see, though.

Note: If it was DLC, I'd buy it, but I'd much rather wait for it to be a part of GT6.

The biggest problem would be wall riding all the way down the mountain and cutting across the top IMO.

The biggest problem would be wall riding all the way down the mountain and cutting across the top IMO.

Nothing that heavy damage, tyre wear on and real grip can't solve with 100% efficiency.

Amaroo Park and Lakeside Park are my favoured Aussie tracks.

Can you imagine the Dipper online... straight to the scene of the accident

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0RLwKFrtCM&feature=related

Then again this Lotus Pilot must be teflon coated... Last time I saw that many clean passes, Brazil were playing football.

Wall riding

They could put slight snags on the walls, so a short hit you bounce away but if you are leaning on it then the front quarter will catch it and flip the car out.
In a Virtual Crystal Palace they put fake adamanium advertisments on the surrounding wall to prevent such gutter drivering.

Last edited:
Scaff
The AUP doesn't say that you can't use acronym's at all, what its says regarding grammar and spelling is:

I don't see anything saying acronym's can't be used. Text speak is banned, but not acronym's, quite different things.

Please see above, we expect the use of capital letters.

Its already been pointed out in this thread that the AUP is not optional, please stop treating it as such.

Scaff

Did you mean "it's"?

I think he means "it".

movie-it-clown-colour-red-size-19369-38189_medium.jpg

Scaff

The AUP doesn't say that you can't use acronym's at all, what its says regarding grammar and spelling is:

I don't see anything saying acronym's can't be used. Text speak is banned, but not acronym's, quite different things.

Please see above, we expect the use of capital letters.

Its already been pointed out in this thread that the AUP is not optional, please stop treating it as such.

Scaff

IMO, MP SB in GT5 ASAP... just kidding

iracing has laser scanned tracks so those are 100% accurate. On the other hand, all tracks in GT5 have at least one major flaw and corners are not perfectly done, suzuka being the best example.

Also there's the fact elevation changes and bumps are very badly done or not present in every single track, even in the nordschleife.

Laser scans are absolutely not 100% accurate. That is one marketing term I am so very sick of. A laser gives you one quite accurate point to point measurement. If you are measuring the distance of a drag strip then yeah, laser scanning is 100% accurate, pity tracks have ups and down and sometimes even left or right. And oh a tree, great now I have a data void. The accuracy of the final result depends really on how much money they threw at it. From the case studies I have read it usually takes a team a week or two to get a scan of a building. To scan a large race track would take ages and it would not come cheap. Somehow I can not see a dev that won't even pay for graphic artists to make more than a handful of cars paying a small fortune to properly map a track. They will get the cheapest guys to map it with the fewest data points possible and call it laser scanned so fanyboys can **** over it.

I could well be wrong (not knowledgeable on aerial scanning... maybe that is cheap and accurate?..) but don't just assume something is everything the marketing tells you it is.

Topography is always as accurate as the man working on them. they raise 3 or 4 points in a square meter (if lucky) and connect them... those 3 or 4 points are correct but the rest is just a guess. Lazer scan or any other technic doesnt only give the X or Y (latitude and longitude) but also the Z (height)

Lazer Scanning its pretty accurate (as accurate as the amount of points they measure) and its the most accurate way of measuring topography.

Last edited:
Topography is always as accurate as the man working on them. they raise 3 or 4 points in a square meter (if lucky) and connect them... those 3 or 4 points are correct but the rest is just a guess. Lazer scan or any other technic doesnt only give the X or Y (latitude and longitude) but also the Z (height)

Lazer Scanning its pretty accurate (as accurate as the amount of points they measure) and its the most accurate way of measuring topography.

I've been a Surveyor for more than 10 years and now I work at a dealership of surveying instruments (GPS and optical), we also sell 3D laser scan equipment.

Laser scanning is NOT the most accurate way to measure topography.
You DO get the highest density of points.

But optical total stations are still the most accurate.
The problem is that the points that are measured are interpretation of the surveyor. (Let three surveyors measure a hill and you'll get three different maps)

Still I think scanning is the way to go in this case, the problem is stitching the scans together, So the most accurate way would be to define the coordinates of the scanner position in the classical way and scan the track details.

Still quite costly and time consuming.

Just my 2 cents.

I've been a Surveyor for more than 10 years and now I work at a dealership of surveying instruments (GPS and optical), we also sell 3D laser scan equipment.

Laser scanning is NOT the most accurate way to measure topography.
You DO get the highest density of points.

But optical total stations are still the most accurate.
The problem is that the points that are measured are interpretation of the surveyor. (Let three surveyors measure a hill and you'll get three different maps)

Still I think scanning is the way to go in this case, the problem is stitching the scans together, So the most accurate way would be to define the coordinates of the scanner position in the classical way and scan the track details.

Still quite costly and time consuming.

Just my 2 cents.

GPS is the least accurate of all the surveying instruments (at least the ones I used were off by a few meters)... Ive helped doing some topographic measurements/surveys in Angola (africa) (Im an Architech) but I never worked with lazer only with optical total stations (the topographer worked with it because I only grabbed the stick :D) But as it is a rather old tech I assumed Lazer was more accurate if not than the Iracing marketing is ********....

Its funny because I usualy say the same thing as you... (Let three surveyors measure a hill and you'll get three different maps) when I want to measure and draw an existing building... but with me its even worst because I usualy say... I can (the same person) measure and draw this building 3 times and I always get 3 diferent buildings (slight diferences of course)

Last edited:
GPS is the least accurate of all the surveying instruments (at least the ones I used were off by a few meters)... Ive helped doing some topographic measurements/surveys in Angola (africa) (Im an Architech) but I never worked with lazer only with optical total stations (the topographer worked with it because I only grabbed the stick :D) But as it is a rather old tech I assumed Lazer was more accurate if not than the Iracing marketing is ********....

Its funny because I usualy say the same thing as you... (Let three surveyors measure a hill and you'll get three different maps) when I want to measure and draw an existing building... but with me its even worst because I usualy say... I can (the same person) measure and draw this building 3 times and I always get 3 diferent buildings (slight diferences of course)
Nowadays You can get cm level accuracy with a correction signal.
That would be good enough for any game by my standards.

A single GPS receiver is still around 5 meters off, mostly due to atmospheric interference.

I agree with you on the marketing subject :D

Latest Posts

Back