CLOSED: GT5 Photomode/Photoshop - PHOTOMODE 3.0 - Winner: CCShaft7

And the winner is?

• [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jilzk/6689529593/][img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7152/66895295

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Australia
Adelaide
Revolution52

44header.jpg

44rules.jpg

• Do not vote for your own entry.
  • Have confidence in your entry; don't try to sway the poll.
  • Poll is up until the week's Saturday.
  • In the event of a tie, a 24 hour poll is created to end Sunday.
  • In the event of a second tie, judge's vote is deciding factor.
  • This poll decides the Public Vote winner. The Judge's Choice winner is decided at the start
    of the voting by the judge and will be announced with the close of the public vote so as
    not to sway votes.
  • The Judge's Choice winner will be notified and asked to choose the theme category for
    the following week, Graphics or Manipulation.
  • Public Vote winners have 48 hours to get their new theme in the JC's chosen category to the host.
  • If the winner can't provide it in time, the runner-up gets to choose.

44deadline.jpg

Vote, folks! The poll will be open for a full 7 days, giving you plenty of time to select your winner.

In the meantime, I'm keen to hear some feedback on the comp - its future is still undecided, so chime in with your two cents and let us know what you thought, whether you think anything needed to be changed, whether the rules were too strict/open or.. anything really. Let me know!

I voted for Dark R 👍 Awesome pic his done :drool: :drool:

EDIT: I personally dont like the 3.0, it feels like the freedom you use to have with photoshop is very limited. When I hear Photoshop Competition, I think going all out. Doing some creative ideas etc. So thats just my 2 cents. :D

The Zonda made it, Thank you Revolution and Chromatic9.

I think you've done a good job with this comp, nice to see what people can come up with given different rules.

Orange Mclaren got my vote, stunning 👍

For me, I think just adding the capibility of Lens Flare/HDR into it shouldn't make a new competition, my idea of running it would be Strictly HDR week, then Strictly Panorama week.

Personally, I'm not that enthused with the idea of 3.0, but that's mainly because I've never been able to use the additional techniques allowed in 3.0 like HDR etc... For example, my entry this week, which I am delighted is in the poll (thanks Chromatic :)), would have actually been allowed in a 2.0 competition.

However, I feel that it should remain, basically because other people are sooo good at editing, and the things they produce are pure works of art, and this competition gives them the freedom to do that, and I really do like to see a poll like the one we have here :) And you never know, with a bit of practice I might perfect 3.0 only techniques... Here's hoping :sly:

For me, I think just adding the capibility of Lens Flare/HDR into it shouldn't make a new competition, my idea of running it would be Strictly HDR week, then Strictly Panorama week.

2nd that

I voted for CCShaft Corvette. It is stunning ! Looks like it's a movie poster from the 60s or something! I absolutely love the mood !! Brilliant picture, well done mate!

About 3.0, I can't really see the difference between this and classic 2.0 comps... Maybe it's just me but I don't feel these pics are that different from those in 2.0.
Plus I agree with iNs3CuRe about not being able to go full throttle with Photoshop.

However, I do think this comp as a future but more as a special week inside the 2.0 comp where panoramas, HDR and lens-flare would be allowed. I was thinking something like that once a month, just like H2H weeks.

Just my two cents ;)

this comp is nice it should continue but there must be UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS like only panorama " enter minimum size of pic" or must be HDR made out of minimum 5 pics or gif animations or group vs group , each group gets a theme and so on otherwhise it is nearly the same as 2.0

can i have feedback on my photo

as for the competition it didn't feel that much different from 2.0 other than HDR. it might just be this weeks theme though.
Maybe a 3.0 week in the 2.0 comp once in a while would be good, rather a whole new PMC itself.
this^^^

Voted for slip's as the colors just blend so well. :)

Like few before me, I'm not really buying into the idea of a 3.0 comp.
I can't really see the difference between 2.0 and a 3.0 comp.
What I've entered is actually also eligible for 2.0. We're still kinda limited in the form of tools. Maybe a 3.0 week in the 2.0 comp once in a while would be good, rather a whole new PMC itself.

:D 2 cents. :D

Voted for slip's as the colors just blend so well. :)

Like few before me, I'm not really buying into the idea of a 3.0 comp.
I can't really see the difference between 2.0 and a 3.0 comp.
What I've entered is actually also eligible for 2.0. We're still kinda limited in the form of tools. Maybe a 3.0 week in the 2.0 comp once in a while would be good, rather a whole new PMC itself.

:D 2 cents. :D

I agree. This "3.0" is not exceeding a "2.0.1" or something.
Nevertheless, this was a test drive and multiple feedback is required.
The Photomode/Photoshop Competition shall always be open for new and unique ways of thinking…

I like this competition a lot. I have been able to quickly learn how to do photo filters and touchups, but complete editing and stuff is still difficult and doesn't turn out well.
This competition is awesome, I can't wait to see the next theme.

I wish I would've had just a bit more time. I would've entered this sick Corvette photo I just finished working on.

Corvette Z06 Art by Musical_Artist, on Flickr

woah :nervous:.... doin' much better than I expected, esp in such a high standard poll....amazing shots from everyone :drool:

My opinion.. for what its worth....I can see this competition growing in stature over time, I actually struggled to throw off the shackles of 2.0 and just go for it without falling into the 'over-editing' trap. I chucked in some lens flare here and there and somehow it didn't feel right :indiff:... so I started again and again.
I'm not all that hot on HDR because I struggle to achieve the results I see of others in the galleries section but its all a learning curve and willing to learn, I think people (myself included) will begin to see and understand what the 3.0 is all about.

PS Thanks Fido for all the kind words mate 👍👍

Last edited:
Well, I didn't feel the PMC vibes this week. In fact, I won't be feeling them until March. :( So, my entry wasn't that good.

The idea of having a panorama, HDR or something else week sounds pretty good.
And I tink the most here captured the feeling of this comp pretty well. It simply takes some time to feel comfortable with this 3.0 style.
I myself like it a lot, to try more stuff with PS and learn something new. I still suck big times with PS, so some more practice would be great....at least for me. :sly:

But I made it to the poll and already got a vote, so I'm on the right way, right?:D

I like this competition a lot. I have been able to quickly learn how to do photo filters and touchups, but complete editing and stuff is still difficult and doesn't turn out well.
This competition is awesome, I can't wait to see the next theme.

I wish I would've had just a bit more time. I would've entered this sick Corvette photo I just finished working on.

Corvette Z06 Art by Musical_Artist, on Flickr
You wouldve gotten my vote!!!! :drool:

I would only say 3.0 is a go if there is still regular photoshop mode. And when is the next comp coming?

Thanks guys :) and a big thank you to all those of you who voted for my effort, really chuffed to grab the inaugural 3.0...hopefully its the start of a great new comp. Everyone who entered has set the bar very high already :drool:

I have a great idea for the next theme ( quite an open one :sly: ) if Rev allows me the honour. Out of town til Monday so will check back then,

Cheers.

6691542493_a95b5aa50f.jpg

Congrats to CCShaft7 for taking out the poll in the 3.0 trial! Excellent shot and great work!

6691542003_102c87c53d.jpg

Congrats also to rpanico14 for being selected as the Judge's Choice - again very nicely done!

Thanks to all who participated in the PMC 3.0 trial - and for the feedback as well! I can't say yet whether it'll return in its current guise or not - I'd say the results were mixed at this stage!

Anywho, a return to normal PS Comp programming for now :)

I can't wait for the next 3.0 competition. 3.0 perfectly challenges my skill level without having to use anything but what is in the photo taken on Gran Turismo.

I know I am late in the discussion, but I really think that the 3.0/enhancements idea should stick and I have to reckon the theme was not really ideal for it.

But lets say I would like to (if I ever win a competition let alone PS comp.) to make an HDR or a Panorama or a theme which needs some set of freedom PMC and 2.0 don't deliver? Which set of rules would that fit into? It's not graphics nor manipulation and there is no other competition that would fit into.

But lets say I would like to (if I ever win a competition let alone PS comp.) to make an HDR or a Panorama or a theme which needs some set of freedom PMC and 2.0 don't deliver? Which set of rules would that fit into? It's not graphics nor manipulation and there is no other competition that would fit into.

That was my original idea for the 3.0 Strictly HDR/Panorama, and have it alternate like how The Photoshop Comepetition has Judges choice/Poll winner.

That was my original idea for the 3.0 Strictly HDR/Panorama, and have it alternate like how The Photoshop Comepetition has Judges choice/Poll winner.

But there are other things besides HDR and Panorama, that would require a 3.0 and are not either manipulation, graphics, 2.0 or PMC. I don't think a competition is in order just for HDR and Panoramas, since they can easily be themes or part of themes. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back