CLOSED POLL: 2.0 Advanced Competition 63 (W: bmxmitch)

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 63 comments

THEME: When Time Stands Still

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlipZtrEm

can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
apmcheaderwk63.jpg

Further explanation of the theme, provided by rpanico14:

"Whether its clipping an apex, seeing your favourite supercar on the street or making the perfect overtake. I want you to capture a moment where time appears to have stopped. A moment of exhilaration, a moment of beauty or a moment of nirvana.

I want this theme to be fairly open, and please can you include a short sentence that summarises your photo.

Have a look here if you need some inspiration.

A bit off topic but for me this is TopGear at its best, and I wish they'd produce some more films like this one."

CARS: Any
LOCATIONS: Any
PHOTOTRAVEL: No
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: See above

gtpapmcrulesc02.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, send me a Private Message.
  • Do not vote for your own entry.
    [*]Do not try to sway the poll.
    [*]In the event of a tie, a 24 hour poll is created.
    [*]In the event of a second tie or a tie in the final H2H poll, Judge's vote is the deciding factor.
    [*]Please, view each image in it's full size, before voting.
    [*]Poll consists of the Judge's favourite 15 images. For H2H weeks, 8 per poll.
gtpapmcdeadline02.jpg

Any criticisms?

Everything in rallying makes time still.
That time when doing a Scandinavian flick in a hairpin without knowing that your car is going to understeer and crash.

Your next move counts.

any feedback ?

Your photo seems to be straight from the game. This is a 2.0 Competition! Add some zest to your shot with some editing! And also, partial filter seems to be a turn-off to all 2.0 judges.

Light Up the Darkness by rikin45, on Flickr

Any Feedback?
Well, what's the point of this picture? It's just a Maserati posing. To be honest, the editing was good, but this didn't fit the theme very well. If you wanna defend your answer, you have to explain what your photo is about that involves "Time stand still".

How good I didn´t enter. Besides from having a real creative crisis I would´ve had no chance in this poll. 👍

To cphbullet, this competition has editing in its rules. I understand that you do not use a computer. Maybe you should just stick to the unedited competitions. :)

C&C please? I never seem to be able to make it into 2.0 polls. :crazy:
What the? That's not in the poll? And, I feel your pain, brother.

Last edited:
Mitch's, Gtuned's, GP's, Nanabu's and Boffin's shoots are astonishing! :drool:

But my vote goes to the X1s.

Any criticisms?

Simply nit-picking but seeing as you are questioning not getting in the polls, the colours are slightly out for me and there isn't enough to focus on in this instance. Perhaps a different panning mode would have been better? I mean I know some of it is in focus but the rest just annoys my eyes.

:) 👍

I thought Panning Mode 1 shows time stopping. :indiff: Thanks for your criticism, 80Y 8C2 Boffin! :cheers:

Mitch's, Gtuned's, GP's, Nanabu's and Boffin's shoots are astonishing! :drool:

Thank :)

I thought Panning Mode 1 shows time stopping. :indiff: Thanks for your criticism, 80Y 8C2 Boffin! :cheers:

Ahh see its all down to how you rationalise everything. Time can stop in many different ways. Capturing a 'photo' in GT5 is time stopping, even. ;)

Your photo seems to be straight from the game. This is a 2.0 Competition! Add some zest to your shot with some editing! And also, partial filter seems to be a turn-off to all 2.0 judges.

Well, what's the point of this picture? It's just a Maserati posing. To be honest, the editing was good, but this didn't fit the theme very well. If you wanna defend your answer, you have to explain what your photo is about that involves "Time stand still".

Like the theme mentioned, it could be a picture of your favorite car out on the street. I just want to know what could be done to enhance the picture.

Try brightening up your photos. Your Maserati shot looks dark. :)

Also, it said there to make a one sentence about your photo about the theme.

What an AMAZING poll!!!:drool:
So many good shots...ended up voting for the DTM Audi A4 Epic standard shot!
I know I wouldn't be anywhere near some of these shots but can I get some feedback on my pic?

27-16 ?
I GOT DIS. :lol:
Hell I'm surprised I made the poll, let alone in 2nd.

Wow, what a great poll :embarrassed: I dont know who to vote for :(

I completely agree! :lol:

SLS AMG by GT5 pica, on Flickr

Can I get any feedback?

It's actually very hard for me to criticise your photo, nice composition and nice sense of speed. However, its a well known 'photo' and I've seen lots of shots similar to yours before. So I think to get into the poll it really needs a bit of editing to make it stand out; I think a boost of colour saturation, and exaggerating the light passing through the trees would really help.

Any criticisms?

Really nice entry, and not far off making the poll. I struggled a little to see the connection to the theme, rather just seeing another rally shot (albeit a very good one). For me, to try and make a stronger connection, I'd like to see more of the road ahead to try and emphasise the focus and concentration of the driver and co-driver. Still, very good and only small things to improve.

any feedback ?

Nice attempt, but the composition of the photo lets it down (and personally I'm not a fan of the partial colour filter as it takes all the interest out of the surroundings). I'd like to see all of the evo in the shot, and the Challenger closer to it. Original idea though.

Light Up the Darkness by rikin45, on Flickr

Any Feedback?

As others have said, it's a bit too dark and the cross-processing filter has made the green's too strong. I think using a lower aperture to exaggerate the lights on the trees would really help to make the photo 'pop' from the page.

Feedback, please.

6843717793_d84930d5ff.jpg

Brave move using panning mode 1, although you need to be very careful with the angle you use to take a photo. It can work really well from side on to a car to give a great sense of speed; which sadly your photo lacks. I guess with your photo if you decreased the shutter speed you would lose all focus on the car. Again, nice effort and I think mode 1 is really under-used so its great to see it used 👍

Any feedback as well. I really want to improve my shots.

Your photo has got great warmth to it, and this gives it a nice dose of theatre. The tilt of the camera doesn't add anything to the photo for me (although for the right photo, tilt certainly can) and I'd like to see a more of the cars. Great choice of cars and location so why not show it off some more?

Also I'm not sure if it's because your using Google to post your photo, but to me the preview looks like its lost some detail of the full-size.

C&C please? I never seem to be able to make it into 2.0 polls. :crazy:

and you were very close this week! Great composition, nice colours and the setting sun over the hills is really good.

For me your photo falls down in two areas:

1. The shadows at the bottom centre on the grass are distracting. The light area appears to be brighter than the grass in front of the headlights and this makes it stand out. Once I'd noticed it, I couldn't stop noticing it.

2. The racing exhaust didn't fit the rest of the photo; public car, on a public road, parked up admiring the sunset. Assuming this was what you're aiming for, the racing exhaust just let it down (but only very slightly!)

6837846919_6eb4f98184_z.jpg

Can I get some opinions or advice please? thank you

A really strong entry, nice vibrant colours and including the red and white rumble strips really emphasises the speed of the vehicles. I think your photo fell down in one area. I don't think it really focused on any of the three cars, and as a result it lacks a bit of excitement and to me, it missed the crux of the theme; time standing still.

What an AMAZING poll!!!:drool:
So many good shots...ended up voting for the DTM Audi A4 Epic standard shot!
I know I wouldn't be anywhere near some of these shots but can I get some feedback on my pic?

Your photo was one of the last to miss the cut. It really captured that moment of fear, where you drop the outside rear wheel on the grass/white line and lose all grip; a real fight or flight moment. What let it down is the very slight colour banding and I think cropping the photo's height might help; that way you'd keep all the environment, but be closer to the action (if that makes sense! :P).

Feedback?? (Note that the photo has the exposition: 0.0)

6836762107_92670861c1_z.jpg

I really think you should give editing a go. Your photo is really good, but I think you've reached the limit of what you're going to get out of GT5 alone. Just simple things like changing brightness & contrast, colour balance and exposure would take your photo to another level IMO.

feedback?

Again I can only really give you similar advice to ShadowPeter, with regards to giving editing a go. Also a lower shutter speed would help to enhance the action (although this isn't always the case) and try and use a 500 px preview as many voters won't view the full size photo, and a smaller photo is likely to be overlooked.

Hope this helps! As always the competition is really high so don't be disappointed at not making the poll, learn from photos that make the poll as this is a great way to see where you can improve your own photos.

RPanico14

To cphbullet, this competition has editing in its rules. I understand that you do not use a computer. Maybe you should just stick to the unedited competions:)

I know i suppose making poll 2 weeks ago on a 2.0 got my hopes up, i thought my entry looked edited compared to my usual shots. I want to start another unedited weekly comp but im not sure Slipstreamz would have time to monitor it as i know hes pretty busy a lot of the time.

Out of curiosity would you guys enter and 'back' the competition if i had another unedited one started?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back