Nurburgring 24 hour glitch after saving

• Thread starter Emptyone
  • 9 comments
United Kingdom
Exeter
Emptyone-77
So after saving the data for the second time 18 hours in, I restarted it again this afternoon. Much to my surprise, every car in the race except mine was now on racing Rain tyres with no rear grip and about half front grip. This caused laptimes up to four minutes slower than normal. Just something I'd thought might be useful to point out. They then putter and put Racing Mediums back on again, as it was 0% wet as all race thus far.

Famine mentioned this somewhere (might've been in the VIP section) but it seems that there's a glitch that after suspending and restarting all AI go onto rain tires. It's very odd.

It was at 100% wetness when it was at the restart screen, even though it was completely sunny. Thus the AI must think it's wet, much like the Spa B-Spec event I guess. No idea why the tyres were at zero though, it's an odd one.

So how does the saving work? Is it an option in the pit menu, or can u save whenever you want? Is there a set limit of saves per race, or a certain amount or time you have to race before you can save.

CARCRASH
In A-Spec, you have to go into the pits, I am not sure about B-spec though

Much the same as A-Spec, you pit in and beside the accept button there is a suspend button, which acts to suspend the race. I don't think there is a limit on the number of suspends, which would be illogical to limit.

In regards to the OP, once again I suspended the race, and came back to it. This time upon the restart screen the surface water was 74%, and the AI had racing Rain tyres on again. It seems I was wrong about the level of tyre wear, I suspect it is exactly the same as they had before, but Racing Rains wear extremely quickly hence the no tyre left I saw. Longest lap this time was 12:34 by a R10, so this bug/glitch is detrimental to AI performance for the first lap back on track, potentially position changing earlier in the race, however being 19 hours in nothing changed in race order.

I've been looking for a workaround of the AI Sport Super Softs debacle, but I can't find anything. I'm getting my a** handed to me at the Nurburgring 24H. My Bobs' racing tires are lasting about 3 laps in the dry and 5 in the wet, but the Super Softs on the AI cars could last 3-4 stints if they wanted (huh, sort of how real tires work)

So they're basically just stopping for refueling which is a lot less often than me and my RH tires... any tips?

Back